PDA

View Full Version : OiNK - Clarification

AkaiDoresu
05-30-2007, 04:20 AM
I think I will share my knowledge with you guys since I've seen bunch of well-known people here being mistaken about few things.

1.Some people claim that having multiple account on OiNK is acceptable but the deal is that when one your accounts gets disabled all of them do. This is nothing more but a big lie! Multiply account is strictly forbidden and people who do that are getting disabled.
2. Today I've lost all of my invites on OiNK, because of the guy who didn't cheat, didn't have his account disabled there before but HE HAD MULTIPLY ACCOUNT and was trading it (many of you do the exactly same thing!).
After I've noticed all of my invites are gone, I went to OiNK HELP IRC Channel and talked with the staff and they've told me exactly what I'm telling you right now.

So don't believe people who say OiNK's forum directly says about having multiply account and it's acceptability.

And one more thing, be careful who you inviting. In these times is not about inviting a cheater or a noob. It is about inviting a guys who can even provide you screen shots from FTN, UK-T etc. because those are more likely to trade theirs accounts and to have their accounts disabled in the past. Don't you consider it a little bit weird when somebody who has FTN, ScT, UK-T is asking for OiNK? I Mean there are really few people who got those high leveled trackers before they got OiNK but majority of them just lost their accounts some time ago and they want to get they again giving you excellent proofs and very good trading offers. So what I'm saying is inviting a noob with 0 posts is less likely to lead you to loose your invite privileges then someone giving you whole bunch of good ratios from very good sites.

Just be careful guys.

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 04:29 AM
I think I will share my knowledge with you guys since I've seen bunch of well-known people here being mistaken about few things.

1.Some people claim that having multiple account on OiNK is acceptable but the deal is that when one your accounts gets disabled all of them do. This is nothing more but a big lie! Multiply account is strictly forbidden and people who do that are getting disabled.
2. Today I've lost all of my invites on OiNK, because of the guy who didn't cheat, didn't have his account disabled there before but HE HAD MULTIPLY ACCOUNT and was trading it (many of you do the exactly same thing!).
After I've noticed all of my invites are gone, I went to OiNK HELP IRC Channel and talked with the staff and they've told me exactly what I'm telling you right now.

So don't believe people who say OiNK's forum directly says about having multiply account and it's acceptability.

And one more thing, be careful who you inviting. In these times is not about inviting a cheater or a noob. It is about inviting a guys who can even provide you screen shots from FTN, UK-T etc. because those are more likely to trade theirs accounts and to have their accounts disabled in the past. Don't you consider it a little bit weird when somebody who has FTN, ScT, UK-T is asking for OiNK? I Mean there are really few people who got those high leveled trackers before they got OiNK but majority of them just lost their accounts some time ago and they want to get they again giving you excellent proofs and very good trading offers. So what I'm saying is inviting a noob with 0 posts is less likely to lead you to loose your invite privileges then someone giving you whole bunch of good ratios from very good sites.

Just be careful guys.

Thanks for the clarification. By the way, you can have multiple accounts active from the same ip simultaneously (ie. you have oink and invite your roommate who shares a router with you).

If you really want to trade, I suggest having a buffer account. Have your primary account, then invite yourself and give invites from that account. But this is risky. I did it once, and I didn't get banned.

saulin
05-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Again Oink and BitmeTV are accounts for which I just can't give invites out. Not on this forum man. 98% of people are traders. And yes I have seen people with SCT and FTN asking for OINK lol. Doesn't it make you wonder why they don't have Oink?

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 04:36 AM
Again Oink and BitmeTV are accounts for which I just can't give invites out. Not on this forum man. 98% of people are traders. And yes I have seen people with SCT and FTN asking for OINK lol. Doesn't it make you wonder why they don't have Oink?I never jeopardize the accounts of those who invite me. I still keep the original accounts and may giveaway/trade invites from that account.

AkaiDoresu
05-30-2007, 04:37 AM
I've heard about this roommate thing but dude, some motherfuc*rs have 5+ roommates and I'm not surprised they are banning those people.

Also it is not commonly acceptable to have multiply account, you need to talk with the staff (if you have a "roomamte" :)) first I guess because the rules are as I said before.

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 04:58 AM
I've heard about this roommate thing but dude, some motherfuc*rs have 5+ roommates and I'm not surprised they are banning those people.

Also it is not commonly acceptable to have multiply account, you need to talk with the staff (if you have a "roomamte" :)) first I guess because the rules are as I said before.
Well, I'm not EVER risking my oink account again. I's just fine that my invites are gone cuz I don't think I could ever trust anyone ever again.

AkaiDoresu
05-30-2007, 05:05 AM

Well, I'm not EVER risking my oink account again. I's just fine that my invites are gone cuz I don't think I could ever trust anyone ever again.

Same shit here, good they are gone, if I had been warned I wouldn't probably give them out again anyways. Once I felt betrayed, it doesn't matter whether I have them or not.

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 05:11 AM

Same shit here, good they are gone, if I had been warned I wouldn't probably give them out again anyways. Once I felt betrayed, it doesn't matter whether I have them or not.Yeah man, you get it. I almost feel sorry for those guys who still give away their oink invites like candy. They think just because Oink is rated 4/10 for rarity and they get an invite once every 2 weeks that they can give them w/o thinking much. And unfortunately, many of them get burned.

Demigod
05-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks for taking the time out to write this. I know many will appreciate it yet I doubt this will change anything. People just don't learn until they get burned once...

r4cc00n
05-30-2007, 05:39 AM
that's why you guys shouldn't trade accounts and be extremely careful when you give out invites on this forum.

ethanpil
05-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Wow, this is a whole new world for me. I have been happily using demonoid for over a year, I never thought the private trackers had different or better stuff... until I started researching them, and now trying to get accounts, WOW!! People are very paranoid and protective, and well, its a challenge!

All of you are talking about being very very carful on invites and trades, but please dont forget to remember the little people!!

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 05:50 AM
that's why you guys shouldn't trade accounts and be extremely careful when you give out invites on this forum.
Exactly. I know of 1 person who doesn't trade accounts, and I'm sure there are that many more beyond him.

simplton
05-30-2007, 06:08 AM
Wow, this is a whole new world for me. I have been happily using demonoid for over a year, I never thought the private trackers had different or better stuff... until I started researching them, and now trying to get accounts, WOW!! People are very paranoid and protective, and well, its a challenge!

All of you are talking about being very very carful on invites and trades, but please dont forget to remember the little people!!

The little people are the only reason I decided to giveaway my Oink invites. I know it is risky but there are some out there that can and will use it. I know I spent along time trying to get an invite and someone finally took the chance on me. Trying to return the favor and hoping I don't get burned in the process.

ethanpil
05-30-2007, 07:48 AM

The little people are the only reason I decided to giveaway my Oink invites. I know it is risky but there are some out there that can and will use it. I know I spent along time trying to get an invite and someone finally took the chance on me. Trying to return the favor and hoping I don't get burned in the process.

Well of course, should you ever feel the need to gamble on another one of us, I will be happy to accept the house odds! :)

LorD.MeXiCaN
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
ty

KFlint
05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
personnaly, i never did a single trade for getting trackers and oink is certainly the last tracker that i would trade my invites or giveaway

i really would like to give them away but the risk is just too big

Yankoff
05-30-2007, 05:09 PM
And that's absolutely not good for us people, that are searching for an invite for a looong time (NOT IN THIS TOPIC ;) ). Be a little more trusting :P

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
And that's absolutely not good for us people, that are searching for an invite for a looong time (NOT IN THIS TOPIC ;) ). Be a little more trusting :PWell, I AM sorry that some honest people who deserve an invite don't get one, but look at it from out point of view. We have trusted people before who have claimed to be good users and pleaded for an invite promising to be a good user. And for that, WE GOT SCREWED. How are we to know who is trustworthy?

Yankoff
05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, don't get me wrong. I truly understand you in this matter, because I've also felt something familiar on myself. I really wonder how some people's only wish is to screw someone else, to get something for themselves. Tolerance, understanding - that's what we miss in p2p system. But there will always give leechers, that don't give a f*ck about anything but their own satisfaction, and seeders, that will continue sharing, although they realize that they won't get anything from it. Otherwise, it wont be that interesting ;). If you could get anything you want from the internet, just with one click, then it won't be such a pleasure to have it. It's not just the data, it's the time searching for it, that makes it valuable.:happy:

I got a little carried away....The point is: people, use your sixth sense, when you want to give someone an invite:yup:

KFlint
05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Well, don't get me wrong. I truly understand you in this matter, because I've also felt something familiar on myself. I really wonder how some people's only wish is to screw someone else, to get something for themselves. Tolerance, understanding - that's what we miss in p2p system. But there will always give leechers, that don't give a f*ck about anything but their own satisfaction, and seeders, that will continue sharing, although they realize that they won't get anything from it. Otherwise, it wont be that interesting ;). If you could get anything you want from the internet, just with one click, then it won't be such a pleasure to have it. It's not just the data, it's the time searching for it, that makes it valuable.:happy:

I got a little carried away....The point is: people, use your sixth sense, when you want to give someone an invite:yup:

you seem like a good person, if you still need an Oink invite in 1 month, PM me and i'll give you one ;)

znik
05-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Personally I give away my precious toprated invites to people that have been proved trustworthy and have not betrayed me with one of my previous less important invites.
I give away them to people that have helped me before in some way, and want in my turn to return the favor.
I give them to people that I know are against trading and belong to various antitrader clubs and associations.
I give them away to real life friends that I know I can kick their bad ass if they do something wrong.

I never give them away to people they showed me one screenshot and one speedtest.
You never know if they are going to use your invite the same way they did with their showff account.

So far, I have never been betrayed by any of my invitees and still have my oink invite privileges. :cool:

Yankoff
05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I can not say that I need one (and who can actually). I won't die clubbed from cavemen, if I'm not registered there, but as long as I've heard they have a great collection of music, what is the thing, that I'm interested in on the internet... ;)

So, I'm becoming annoying now, I must stop, enough offtopic

cheers to everyone

silhouette
05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
It means getting an oink account would get even harder than ever. I'm grateful to the guy here who put his trust in me and sent me an invite. No screenshots nothing. All I'd done was open a new thread saying I needed oink for music and I had nothing to give in return as I'm not a trader.
I do not see this happening now and so it's harder than ever for those genuine users to get into for example oink or even bitme.

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 08:07 PM
It means getting an oink account would get even harder than ever. I'm grateful to the guy here who put his trust in me and sent me an invite. No screenshots nothing. All I'd done was open a new thread saying I needed oink for music and I had nothing to give in return as I'm not a trader.
I do not see this happening now and so it's harder than ever for those genuine users to get into for example oink or even bitme.That's unfortunate, but unfortunately that's what happens when there a few untrustworthy in the bunch. I'm sorry that I can't help others out, but I don't have invites because of a cheater, and even if I were to get them back, I wouldn't trade them ever again.

mikechrobot
05-30-2007, 08:48 PM
i have ScT and I don't have OiNK, and I don't really want it, it sucks

KFlint
05-30-2007, 10:54 PM

Oink has almost everything you can want in music, it's a fabulous site!

r4cc00n
05-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Personally I give away my precious toprated invites to people that have been proved trustworthy and have not betrayed me with one of my previous less important invites.

but even users with that seem trustworthy, there's always room for error.

haydeno
05-31-2007, 01:16 AM
why would you NEED 2 accounts??

brotherdoobie
05-31-2007, 01:24 AM

What are you blathering on about? Oink is a great torrent site for music.

-bd

mbucari1
05-31-2007, 05:13 AM

What are you blathering on about? Oink is a great torrent site for music.

-bd
I believe that it's also one of the greatest for apps as well. Really great site.

SKGunners
05-31-2007, 05:16 AM
Yeah, it has some great applications on there.

mikechrobot
05-31-2007, 05:32 AM
ok, maybe it has almost every album ever released, but there is like 1 seed on almost everything, and everybody can upload which makes it even worse. The music that I need I can find on 0day music sites or public if it's old, and get it faster than from OiNK

mbucari1
05-31-2007, 05:38 AM
ok, maybe it has almost every album ever released, but there is like 1 seed on almost everything, and everybody can upload which makes it even worse. The music that I need I can find on 0day music sites or public if it's old, and get it faster than from OiNKmaybe the newer releases are a bit slow at first, but they pick up quite quickly (why do you think buffered accounts are so desirable?). It has almost replaced demonoid for me

sert
05-31-2007, 07:54 AM
ok, maybe it has almost every album ever released, but there is like 1 seed on almost everything, and everybody can upload which makes it even worse. The music that I need I can find on 0day music sites or public if it's old, and get it faster than from OiNK

Please mike, oink has the best music collection in the Internet. Most of its contents are really unique, as they have been uploaded by Oink members.

Additionally the quality of tracks upped there is obligatory over 192 kbps mp3s and very often in lossless format (flac) which is highly appreciated by many users including me.

For me the only problem with Oink is the difficulty in seeding and nothing else.

3 kind of people complaining about oink:
- Those who never been there.
- Those who don't have a clue about quality music.
- The (unfairly) banned ones.

SKGunners
05-31-2007, 08:01 AM
I think letting everyone upload has made it such a big tracker with so much content.

mbucari1
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
I think letting everyone upload has made it such a big tracker with so much content.
Exactly! That's why demonoid is so big and great. Allowing members to upload provides the site with much better content. IMO, THAT makes a great site as much as speed and pretimes, maybe even more.

menkää_vittuun
05-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Search results for "scene"

<< Prev Next >>
1 - 100 | ... 21401 - 21465

for those who are into the scene

SpiderPig
05-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Traders suck

Good post, man

AkaiDoresu
05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
21 000 torrents in one year, hah this makes oink the best music website, and some people are funny complaining that there is too much on it :D hahah

Galva
05-31-2007, 11:18 PM
The only thing you clarified was your own idiocy, you obviously gave an invite to either a blacklisted user or someone who was being monitored for suspicious behavior. There is NOTHING wrong with having one IP linked to more than one account on OiNK if it is for completely legitimate reasons. Lock thread please, this clarifies zippo.