PDA

View Full Version : You have not Read the Rules! (TL)

Beenieman
05-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Please someone help me I'm going crazy... :cry:

I've been trying for months to get a torrentbytes account and 9 out of 10 times it says max limit etc when I try and signup.

BUT sometimes I actually get to the signup page and I fill my details in correctly including a password more than 10 characters and including lower/high letters and I don't use a free email address and I've read their rules page located at top of the page, anyway I click submit and it comes up:

You have not Read the Rules!

When I try again it's too late and it's reached the user limit.

What am I doing wrong??

Please Please Please someone help I don't know what I'm doing wrong :cry:

JA
05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Click on the "Rules" link, scroll down all the way to the bottom, then click Sign Up.

If thats too hard, ill sign up for you with the invite you recieved and a desired mail + username + password.

:)

p.s Its TorrentLeech, not TorrentLeach

:P

kabir
05-31-2007, 11:15 AM
u need to clik th FAQ link too.

leeter
05-31-2007, 11:16 AM
TB has the most annoying signup system ever.

JA
05-31-2007, 11:17 AM
Ohh...if hes talking about TB...yeh good luck with that, took me about 15 minutes trying to crack that insane code :D

Beenieman
05-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't have an invite :cry:

I've just been clicking the link in the hope it lets me signup lol... Sometimes it actually lets me signup (twice today) but it always fails when I submit the signup.

I will try re-reading the rules in the hope it helps lol. Lets hope it lets me try again, twice in one day is a first for me, usually it always say's Max Limit etc.

How stupid lol I was talking about torrentbytes not Torrentleach :whistling

kabir
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
pm me ur mail.
i ll signup for u.
its not th difficult to signup

Skiz
05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't have an invite :cry:

I've just been clicking the link in the hope it lets me signup lol... Sometimes it actually lets me signup (twice today) but it always fails when I submit the signup.

I will try re-reading the rules in the hope it helps lol. Lets hope it lets me try again, twice in one day is a first for me, usually it always say's Max Limit etc.

How stupid lol I was talking about torrentbytes not Torrentleach :whistling

The boxes at the bottom are there for a reason. If you check the box that says you've read the rules, you better have read them,not just checked the box. Otherwise it won't work.

Beenieman
05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
I really have read the rules lol (promise) and I've cleaned my cookies and read the rules again so I'm gonna have to wait til it prunes some users and try again, hopefully today maybe.

leeter
05-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Just keep trying, then you'll make it some day.

Beenieman
05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Just keep trying, then you'll make it some day.

Not so easy if I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I've tried loads of times and it always fails..

Could using Firefox have anything to do with it maybe?

leeter
05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
I succeeded on 4th try.

1st fail- I didn't click the rule and faq.
2nd fail-I didn't include a capital letter in my password.
3rd fail- I didn't include a number in my password.

Can you imagine how pissed I was? lol

So my advice is, make sure to click the rule and faq first and include a capital letter and number in your password.
Good luck!

Beenieman
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I DID IT :w00t:

I finally got in so thanks for the help guys. much appriciated!!

sert
05-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Congratulations but Torrentleech is much better than torrentbytes and has easier signup procedure.

nemesi54
05-31-2007, 12:42 PM
gar3th did you made it???

If not pm me

OK i see you made it...Congrats m8...

silhouette
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
I got in with great difficulty and then realised it wasn't worth the effort. I wonder why they choose to irritate their future members.
There are better trackers around who let you get in with less difficulty.

kirktrix
05-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Edit: Congratulations....:)

dcliffnotes
05-31-2007, 01:56 PM
that site was so hard to get in, that i quit after like 9 times. better trackers out there with easier sign-ups.

Something Else
05-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I think TB want users that are intelligent and willing to make an effort. Perhaps that is the reason behind the signup process and the wait-times....

Night0wl
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
I tried a few times and after not succeeding I decided that they can keep their damn site and their weird verification codes, which were my problem when signing up.

Heard the site isn't any good anyway.

menkää_vittuun
05-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Stupid signup and stupid site at all. Staff is just too strict with their rules and principes. No wisely hoped extend to ttl etc etc.

My advice: try to get a torrentleech invite.

torentcouple
05-31-2007, 11:04 PM
I agree. A sign-up process like that does at least weed out people who don't really care that much about getting in, and are willing to be patient and figure out stuff for themselves. It's still a pain tho.

I think TB want users that are intelligent and willing to make an effort. Perhaps that is the reason behind the signup process and the wait-times....

eLucid
06-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I succeeded on 4th try.

1st fail- I didn't click the rule and faq.
2nd fail-I didn't include a capital letter in my password.
3rd fail- I didn't include a number in my password.

Can you imagine how pissed I was? lol

So my advice is, make sure to click the rule and faq first and include a capital letter and number in your password.
Good luck!

Same thing happened to me but worse. It also took me about 5 tries in between each of those to get the verification image correct. After that I just vowed to never go back, and I haven't.

WHRST
06-01-2007, 04:51 AM
i usually only sign up on sites with msn it never fails the verification image