PDA

View Full Version : What do you think their worth?

JKIA
06-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Me and some friends were having a friendly discussion about what would be worth more in mind of dollar wise, all for fun.. But what do you think an account on FTN , SCT , OINK , SCN , UK-T, TT, etc would be worth to you?

WHRST
06-01-2007, 01:44 AM
nothing as no invite/acc is worth paying for...

kabir
06-01-2007, 01:47 AM
mayb, the guy is trying to set up new side business for himself

leeter
06-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Never pay for File Sharing!

Cmon
06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Worth nothing for me since I don't really need anymore tracker
Still I'm curious how much it worth if someone sell every best tracker :P + buffer & invite too lol

mbucari1
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
please, you say never pay for file sharing, but what about seedboxes and those "donations" that people make for the benefits. If anyone says not to pay for file sharing and has used a seedbox, there is nor moral basis behind their statement. They're just cheap.

Sawyer2020
06-01-2007, 02:10 AM
please, you say never pay for file sharing, but what about seedboxes and those "donations" that people make for the benefits. If anyone says not to pay for file sharing and has used a seedbox, there is nor moral basis behind their statement. They're just cheap.

:yup::yup::yup:
+1

kabir
06-01-2007, 02:10 AM

i somehow think tht is indirectly paying for invites too..

but tht wud mean invites are damn cheap
a lot of level 8 and 9s are for 1 week leeware access, tht wud mean $5.
so "the business" aint gonna work here

SKGunners
06-01-2007, 02:21 AM
I think they're worth nothing but accounts in an internet world. Never worth the money.

ibnahmed
06-01-2007, 02:22 AM

1-0

mbucari1
06-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Well, to me bittorrent as a protocol is worth the retail dollar value of the content that I've downloaded. I added it up once and it came out to be close to $100,000

BLaZiN
06-01-2007, 02:32 AM

I hear ya but the principals are different to pay for a seedbox is to pay for what i call ur own hobby, which peeps pay for there hobbys rite?
if u make a "donation" then again you are doin that of ur own bk nobody is asking you to pay for the files are they? Again all you have stated has to do with you and ur hobby and how seriously you take it, on the flip side buying or payin for invites or accounts is basically payin for chit that just dont need to be paid for. They are two different principals.

As for peeps lending out there box for invites/accounts well spose its kinda "accepted" which i guess is kinda ludicris but still to hand over money for that chit is bloody criminal!!

ibnahmed
06-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Well, to me bittorrent as a protocol is worth the retail dollar value of the content that I've downloaded. I added it up once and it came out to be close to $100,000

if u are gonna estimate the cost of the software and movies u download. it can reach 1million dollar for special packs of software. especially engineering stuff.

As for peeps lending out there box for invites/accounts well spose its kinda "accepted" which i guess is kinda ludicris but still to hand over money for that chit is bloody criminal!!

i heard people selling invites in ebay. !!! :O

AkaiDoresu
06-01-2007, 02:41 AM
better get a seedbox and get your accounts buffered, trade then and get those for free with no problem. Would be same price.

3 Wheels Of Tazio
06-01-2007, 02:43 AM

I've heard of those accounts getting disabled pretty quickly too....

mbucari1
06-01-2007, 02:45 AM
if u are gonna estimate the cost of the software and movies u download. it can reach 1million dollar for special packs of software. especially engineering stuff.
yeah. I have some pretty cool autocad apps and a program called ArcGIS w/ all the extensions. ArcGIS alone is easily 10g

SKGunners
06-01-2007, 02:46 AM

I've heard of those accounts getting disabled pretty quickly too....Haha.

WHRST
06-01-2007, 02:47 AM
i don't think i would like the number i would get if i did an estimated the cost of what i have dl'd...

ibnahmed
06-01-2007, 02:50 AM
yeah. I have some pretty cool autocad apps and a program called ArcGIS w/ all the extensions. ArcGIS alone is easily 10g

if u are an engineer, check out the products of a company called ANSYS
MAYBE ALL THE PRODUCTS THERE, 100G.

mbucari1
06-01-2007, 03:40 AM

if u are an engineer, check out the products of a company called ANSYS
MAYBE ALL THE PRODUCTS THERE, 100G.actually, I'm a geoscientists (student), but we use a lot of autocad and especially arcgis. Thanks for the info about ansys :)

augman000
06-01-2007, 03:49 AM
These wonderful trackers and priceless.

Vercors
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM

I looked up ArcGIS over at Oink and there you were proposing your help in the comments ;)

Skiz
06-01-2007, 10:18 AM

I've heard of those accounts getting disabled pretty quickly too....

Doubtful. I reported a Supertorrents invite for sell on eBay, by going to their IRC channel and notifying an admin. I was basically thanked for being a faithful member, but told there was nothing they could do about it to catch the person unless they bought the invite and looked at where it came from. They do this on occasion if donations have been good, but said typically it goes on uninterrupted.

WHRST
06-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Never pay for File Sharing!
:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Herakles
06-01-2007, 10:31 PM

+1, he is correct:yup:

Dr_Green_Thumb
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I would never pay for invites but in reality these sites are worth alot if you concider the cost of going to blockbuster, the music store and the software/games. I havent been to a video store in years.

WHRST
06-02-2007, 05:58 AM
I would never pay for invites but in reality these sites are worth alot if you concider the cost of going to blockbuster, the music store and the software/games. I havent been to a video store in years.

torrents are best for expensive games

dcliffnotes
06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
you got that right.....torrents are best for expensive applications/programs!

mbucari1
06-02-2007, 02:32 PM
you got that right.....torrents are best for expensive applications/programs!
Yes Sir! :)