PDA

View Full Version : BitMe question

TheManMKD
06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
My country is on the ban list of BitMe, so I can't access the site :( I have an account, that a buddy of mine activated, cause I clearly can't.
My question is will I be able to access BitMe via a proxy? Actually, I know I can, but the thing is that I'm worried that they will ban the account.
Will I be safe using Tor (http://tor.eff.org/)?

znik
06-02-2007, 04:52 PM
FAQ:
Why does BitMe disallow proxies?

A "proxy", in our use of the term, is anything which changes your IP address such that your point of origin is obscured. Members who abuse the site often use proxies to try to evade identification, so we have no choice but to disallow proxies entirely. Exceptions are occasionally made for specific, limited circumstances, but you should contact the staff for authorization before using anything other than your native IP address. Under no circumstances is the use of open public proxies allowed.

KennyD
06-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Tor would work slowly, but it's strongly discouraged because of the massive strain torrents put on the tor network. :\

Idanp
06-02-2007, 05:37 PM
im using secureix.com

TheManMKD
06-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Tor would work slowly, but it's strongly discouraged because of the massive strain torrents put on the tor network. :\

I wouldn't actually be using Tor to download torrents through it's network, that's not even possible. I'll be just using it to browse the site and downloading the small .torrent files using the proxy.

im using secureix.com

For accessing BitMe?

Skerven
06-03-2007, 03:33 AM
dude you won't be allowed to download files through the bitme tracker if you are going to use your home ip address.
bitme probably blocked the ip addresses of the tor network as well
and if bitme was smart (like bitspyder) they would block people going through a proxy from even connecting to their website...
you're outta luck. what country to you live in?

TheManMKD
06-03-2007, 07:29 AM
I guess I'll just have to find a highly anonymous proxy which not many people know off.
/me starts thinking

Vercors
06-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I guess I'll just have to find a highly anonymous proxy which not many people know off.

Either that or you can reset your modem/router and get a new IP in case yours is dynamic. If they only banned your range then you might have some luck and get an IP out of that range (that's why I can access bitme only from time to time), but if your whole country is banned then you'll need one of those "elite" proxies.

Maybe I can help you out with that, but I can't guarantee those I give you will last for long so eventually you'll have to get another one, and I'm not sure bitme allows IP from different countries to connect to one account (unless you manage to get several high anonymous proxies from the same country)

TheManMKD
06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh gosh...silly me, now I remembered a way. I can install Firefox on my seedbox and I can login from there :) I need some sleep :P

milele
06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Anyone got a BitMe invite 4 me?
Thanks in advance..