PDA

View Full Version : private trackers...demonoid

justlearning1
06-04-2007, 05:01 PM
just curious about private and public trackers. Like demoind shows up on lots of public torrents. Its always listed in the torrent's trackers. Does that mean demonoid which presents itself as a private tracker isnt as secure as it appears?

Alien5
06-04-2007, 05:23 PM
nothing you do on the internet is secure, you're being watched 24/7 by big brother.

Tokeman
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
demonoid is public. Only certain torrents are restricted as far as I know, and even those have DHT enabled on them which make them public (somewhat)

mbucari1
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
nothing you do on the internet is secure, you're being watched 24/7 by big brother.Yes, there is no such thing as security, only the illusion of security.

cnack
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Like everyone said, there's no security to speak of with p2p. If security is a primary concern, you might try usenet, which doesn't seem to have come under the eye of **aa yet. Even usenet isn't completly secure, though.

pipsta
06-04-2007, 06:43 PM
i use demonoid a lot, and its quite popular, i think they have over a million members lol, thats why they are targeted by "motion picture arseholes of america" lol, the more you download from demonoid and others like TPB and isohunt the more chance you have of being caught lol

mbucari1
06-04-2007, 07:27 PM
I think I'm gonna start using scene axx exclusively (or almost exclusively) pretty soon.

clubzz
06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I HAVE ME EYE ON ALL OF YOU *evil laughter*

RainRoofer
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I think I'm gonna start using scene axx exclusively (or almost exclusively) pretty soon.
We all wish that :)

Cheffy
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Well whenever you use a program were you connect to several persons you have no idea who are, and you allow several people to connect to you, you are never going to be safe.
So "private" site or not...
Ask your self this, how i did you get access to that private site, and dont you think the anti pirate organizations can do that same?

The only way to be 100% safe is to stop downloading illegal stuff.
That being said there are ways to be "safer" wile downloading stuff.

SpiderPig
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
nothing you do on the internet is secure, you're being watched 24/7 by big brother.

1984 was a really weird book

mbucari1
06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
just a matter of money. I spoke with the guy, and it would be cheaper to do that than keep paying for leaseweb. I think when this month's rent, I'm gonna drop it and sing up with axx.

conway
06-05-2007, 02:34 AM
just a matter of money. I spoke with the guy, and it would be cheaper to do that than keep paying for leaseweb. I think when this month's rent, I'm gonna drop it and sing up with axx.

how do you buy scene axx?

mbucari1
06-05-2007, 02:48 AM

how do you buy scene axx?You gots to know someone :lol:

KFlint
06-05-2007, 02:49 AM

For me a seedbox is for a use of a couple of months only to buffer accounts, then stop it and download whatever you want for a while

But you'll have to pay every month for your axx, so in the long run, i think it's more expensive to use it than a seedbox

my two cents ;)

mbucari1
06-05-2007, 02:55 AM

For me a seedbox is for a use of a couple of months only to buffer accounts, then stop it and download whatever you want for a while

But you'll have to pay every month for your axx, so in the long run, i think it's more expensive to use it than a seedbox

my two cents ;)yes, but uploaders at trackers have a tendency to upload entertainment material (TV, Movies). I enjoy those, but I really like trying out new software. I think I would have more access to said content with scene axx.

RainRoofer
06-05-2007, 06:02 AM
mbucari1, I know about that payed axx, not to secure, I would rather go to some realy good topsite.

Cheffy
06-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Just remember that sites (FTPsites) That sell leech gets locked out of the scene. And a sceneban, is rather easy to do since most people actually use the same nicks on all sites. There is a loop hole in this though, usually donations of hardware is accepted since its benefit the all the users of the site, So donating a couple of 2tb of hard drives. Would be a "safe" way to do it.

So if i were you i would not pay many months in advance, as little as possible, and if you find a site that needs HD's, i would much rather go for that, since its "accepted"

mbucari1
06-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Just remember that sites (FTPsites) That sell leech gets locked out of the scene. And a sceneban, is rather easy to do since most people actually use the same nicks on all sites. There is a loop hole in this though, usually donations of hardware is accepted since its benefit the all the users of the site, So donating a couple of 2tb of hard drives. Would be a "safe" way to do it.

So if i were you i would not pay many months in advance, as little as possible, and if you find a site that needs HD's, i would much rather go for that, since its "accepted"noted, and thank you :)

Vercors
06-05-2007, 07:36 AM

Where is gone that "never pay for filesharing" spirit?

piggy
06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
demonoid,
i simply love it for his elearning stuff..

very awsome.. but why use demonoid for general stuff when its just sooo slow, and stats dun update often..

mbucari1
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Where is gone that "never pay for filesharing" spirit?whis isn't file sharing. I'm downloading from a server. it's like usenet, except better.