PDA

View Full Version : Evenin' Losers.

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Just back from seeing REO Speedwagon at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and I have to admit it really was very good indeed. Totally and utterly different experience from seeing Gary Moore at the Carling Academy, not in the same league, but a very good concert none the less. They really did put on a very good show. Very American feel to it, but none the worse for that.

I have to say tho', parking about 50yards from the hall, going into the Bistro to have a few wee wines and listening to the support act in the background beats queuing in the street any day. Then for an announcement to be made that the band would be coming on in 5 minutes and could everyone make their way to their seats was a bit surreal. Rock meets opera type thing.

Having seats in the middle of the front row with the band 3 feet away on a stage 3 feet high was also rather cool. Got one of the guitarists pleccies as a souvenir. Mr JP got one from Kevin, lead man. Only he actually handed it to her, none of the throwing nonsense. She went up to the stage at the end and thro' the melee (if that's the word) told him it was an excellent performance. He thanked her accordingly and passed over said pleccy.

And also the good people of Glasgow came down to the front of the hall at the end, getting programmes signed etc. The band seemed quite taken aback by this, but to their credit they were very obliging. Still signing stuff when I left. Top marks all round for getting in touch with their audience, who participated fully throughout the show.

All round, a grand evening.

Hairbautt
06-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Good to hear. :)

Meanwhile I'm stuck with homework, lifelessness and an urge to drink. Wasn't kidding about that first part 'tho' '

brotherdoobie
06-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Years ago, my wife and I kicked Gary Richrath's ass. He and members
of his "side" band came over to the hotel, after our show...acting like
cunts. Gary's incessant bragging was over the top and shameless).

I mentioned the fact that his "old crap band hadn't had a hit in years,and
that his new band was playing in the bar across the street from my crap band.

I told him that he was "old and washed up, and to stop drinking our beer
and hitting on our girlfriends." He took a swing at me and missed. I slapped
him... then my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I threw him out the door-on
his arse.

He called the police...and said that "two brutes kicked the shit out of him."

Peace, Paul

Hairbautt
06-05-2007, 02:48 AM
You should add the two brutes thing to your sig :smilie4:

brotherdoobie
06-05-2007, 02:50 AM
You should add the two brutes thing to your sig :smilie4:

:glag:

Good idea, Harrison!

-bd

Mr JP Fugley
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM
:lol:

Nice sig, slugger.

Skweeky
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
You have to stop going to see bands and people no one under the age of 75 has ever heard of.

Fact

You old cunt

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Ewe should get a clue about music.

Fact.

100%
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Shamalangadingdong.

Chip Monk
06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
You have to stop going to see bands and people no one under the age of 75 has ever heard of.

Fact

You old cunt

Nazi

Anyway, ask your hubby. He'll know who they are.

http://www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/muntz01.jpg

Chip Monk
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Fact.

Who

Chip Monk
06-05-2007, 05:09 PM
And also Gibson made a special white "Black Beauty" for Dave Amato.

Here's his guitar collection

http://www.daveamato.com/daequip.jpg

You can see them all here http://www.daveamato.com/GtrList07.html with decent pics and description. Nice if you are into guitars.

Snee
06-05-2007, 05:09 PM

him... and my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I threw him out the door-on
his arse.

Peace, Paul
Why'd you slap your wife?

DorisInsinuate
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
A white Black Beauty, that's just mental.

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM

Fact.

Who

Not fan of them, like.

brotherdoobie
06-05-2007, 07:06 PM

him... and my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I threw him out the door-on
his arse.

Peace, Paul
Why'd you slap your wife?

/fixed

-bd

Snee
06-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Nicely done.

Still don't know why you did it, but.

Skweeky
06-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I've fallen out with my hubbie, his opinion doesn't count at this point in time.

@BO: Gerontopheliac (sp?)

Mr JP Fugley
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
:lol:

Did Gem suggest that the Croybhoy did good like.

Mr JP Fugley
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Who

Not fan of them, like.

The Who.

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Not fan of them, like.

The Who.
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2821/thewhosi8.jpg
:unsure:

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll get me coat:no:

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
should rly have used this picture to make it a bit more obvious:
http://www.megacalendars.com/images/posters/The%20Who%20Poster%20AA883.jpg
:pinch:

Mr JP Fugley
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll get me coat:no:

Please don't, that was genious. Fact

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
thnx:lookaroun

GepperRankins
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
:01: i winned it

Mr JP Fugley
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
a, is that all different phoaties.

b, where did peabody get them from.

GepperRankins
06-05-2007, 10:40 PM
a, is that all different phoaties.

b, where did peabody get them from.
ja, cybersex

Proper Bo
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
a, yes

b, i'm not allowed to tell you for two days, apparently.

Mr JP Fugley
06-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Gaylords

j2k4
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Just back from seeing REO Speedwagon at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and I have to admit it really was very good indeed. Totally and utterly different experience from seeing Gary Moore at the Carling Academy, not in the same league, but a very good concert none the less. They really did put on a very good show. Very American feel to it, but none the worse for that.

I have to say tho', parking about 50yards from the hall, going into the Bistro to have a few wee wines and listening to the support act in the background beats queuing in the street any day. Then for an announcement to be made that the band would be coming on in 5 minutes and could everyone make their way to their seats was a bit surreal. Rock meets opera type thing.

Having seats in the middle of the front row with the band 3 feet away on a stage 3 feet high was also rather cool. Got one of the guitarists pleccies as a souvenir. Mr JP got one from Kevin, lead man. Only he actually handed it to her, none of the throwing nonsense. She went up to the stage at the end and thro' the melee (if that's the word) told him it was an excellent performance. He thanked her accordingly and passed over said pleccy.

And also the good people of Glasgow came down to the front of the hall at the end, getting programmes signed etc. The band seemed quite taken aback by this, but to their credit they were very obliging. Still signing stuff when I left. Top marks all round for getting in touch with their audience, who participated fully throughout the show.

I've seen R.E.O. perhaps (conservatively) six times, and have one of Cronin's picks as well.

On the other hand, I have never seen Gary Moore, or, um, that band he played with for a while. :huh:

thewizeard
06-06-2007, 07:17 AM

Having seats in the middle of the front row with the band 3 feet away on a stage 3 feet high was also rather cool. Got one of the guitarists pleccies as a souvenir. Mr JP got one from Kevin, lead man. :O Only he actually handed it to her, none of the throwing nonsense. She went up to the stage at the end and thro' the melee (if that's the word) told him it was an excellent performance. He thanked her accordingly and passed over said pleccy.

I've seen R.E.O. perhaps (conservatively) six times, and have one of Cronin's picks as well.

On the other hand, I have never seen Gary Moore, or, um, that band he played with for a while. :huh:

If that's true..then I have an image of that actual occurrence on my computer.!... a picture of the elusive butterfly :)

Depending on how much you value your anonymity and the necessary (statutory) appearance in SoulSeek chat ( FileSharingTalk.com)...will play an important part in influencing my decision whether or not to post the image residing in my shared folder here in this thread... :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Trust you to see a concert conservatively, my right wing chum.

Do you mean Skid Row, Colosseum II, BBM, (Gary Moore's) Scars or The Gary Moore Band

Mr JP Fugley
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=cr0C0ExEJyo&eurl=http%3A//www.google.co.uk/search%3Fclient%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%253Aen-GB%253Aofficial%26channel%3Ds%26hl%3Den%26q%3DG&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/cr0C0ExEJyo/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJW-sw5NNhF7dFKNv2xMF94

Somebody do a direct link to this for me please. I cant do that.

Dr.Pretentious
06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
You just click on the video, which takes you to the normal YouTube page, and then you can grab the link from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0C0ExEJyo

Mr JP Fugley
06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
The direct post thing, where they can click it from here. You know the one.

Proper Bo
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
embedded? ewes the ewetube tags: [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE.]

Mr JP Fugley
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Right, you know that means fuck all to me.

Dr.Pretentious
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I would tell you the exact thing you need to type in to do it, like, but I don't know how to type it in so it just leaves the text not the video.

brotherdoobie
06-07-2007, 07:10 AM
There you go, mate.

-bd

Chip Monk
06-07-2007, 01:02 PM
There you go, mate.

-bd

Nice one Paul, you're a far nicer chap than Peabody.

Proper Bo
06-07-2007, 04:12 PM
:emo: