PDA

View Full Version : SCN invites givaways is frobiden here

silvi
06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
yes thats what they sent via pm to all users

Lately we have noticed a few "giveaways" at public forums such as FST and TorrentPortal. We would like for every user to know that it is strictly forbidden to giveaway invites at any public forum, this includes the Bittorrent Invites section of FST.
Any user not obeying these rules will immediately have their account disabled.

I saw here many giveawayes of SCN invites
thought that was allowed.. guess not

KFlint
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
guess it will become more difficult to join scn now, it's sad for those who dont have access already, cuz it's a great site already

Tokeman
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM
start using a proxy to post giveaways here, and just tell the people you invite to use a compleatly differnt nick then here.

People give away oink, bitmetv, and others without problem using this method. It will work for scn too :P

hungdob
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
start using a proxy to post giveaways here, and just tell the people you invite to use a compleatly differnt nick then here.

People give away oink, bitmetv, and others without problem using this method. It will work for scn too :P

why would someone use proxy to post the giveaways if fst dont give any information?:frusty:

SHUVT
06-06-2007, 05:47 PM

Yes you could do that, or you could actually respect their wishes and do as they ask.

ghurka
06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
It amazes me that a site like SCN has the nerve to put out rules like this when the majority of its members are traders from FST anyway. Wouldn't they prefer their invites are given away rather than traded.

Seems like hypocrisy rules!

Tokeman
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM

why would someone use proxy to post the giveaways if fst dont give any information?:frusty:
so that when your being a dope and you click on a link to check some one's account details or what not, it goes through a proxy, cause you were smart enought to enable it before comming here. Otherwise your IP can be disclosed through a 3rd party site, or many other methods.

Edited out my dumbass comment that was not true

KFlint
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
i don't think that any private tracker owner likes to see this amount of publicity on a forum. The userbase starts to become interesting so now they can stop it and i think it's ok to do so.

There were a ridiculous amount of SCN giveaway lately, everybody here should now have access to SCN!

Skiz
06-06-2007, 07:38 PM
It amazes me that a site like SCN has the nerve to put out rules like this when the majority of its members are traders from FST anyway. Wouldn't they prefer their invites are given away rather than traded.

Exactly.

FST was also an incremental part of helping to get that tracker started. Oh well, at least we know where we stand with them now.

As for trading accounts and giveaways, I certainly won't stand in your way.

Give and trade all you want. :smilie4:

fstrulz
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Great point, mate... Kinda like - they used you, then they disposed you. :dabs:

sweed
06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
every shitty new tracker wants fst publicity threads when they start , after that fst is forbidden ..lol

people will still do it ..lol

NA_Magus
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
As if SCN had any authority outside its site...

KFlint
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
that's part of the game... anyway, it will always be possible to do so with some precautions now

Cheffy
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Why is it so damn hard to understand that the owners of "insert any site here" dont want the invites used in giveaways and trading. When you do a giveaway or a trade you have no idea who you are inviting, it might be a cheater or someone working for an anti piracy organization for that matter.

I dont see the need to defy the rules just because you want the "value" of the tracker for future trades.
Yes i agree that FST have played a part in the member base of SCN, But lets face it, 50-80% of the users that came for here dont really use their account, they are just keeping in alive. Just in case it might get rated high on the list in a 6 months to a year.

Its a grate site, and i for one respect and understand their rules.

pECi
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
i think almost every site forbids you from trading...but if they don't catch you or don't wanna catch you ur safe

KFlint
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM
...but if they don't catch you or don't wanna catch you ur safe

very witty, in the same category as : "if you don't die ur alive"

:P

fstrulz
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Yes i agree that FST have played a part in the member base of SCN, But lets face it, 50-80% of the users that came for here dont really use their account, they are just keeping in alive. Just in case it might get rated high on the list in a 6 months to a year.

Where'd you get those stats? From an Assumption Poll?

Tokeman
06-06-2007, 09:32 PM
You can prove anything with made up statistics, 95% of all people know that...

SHUVT
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
and SHUVT, you say to respect them like you respect the FTN rules by trying to trade your account? Do not preach what you do not practice!

You might want to get your facts straight there buddy. I do not trade and I abide by the private trackers rules. If you refer to one of my reps where it says thanks for FTN and ScT... They were given invites not an account trade. If you refer to the one rep out of all of them that says I am a great trader and he would recomend me to friends and family, then apperantly you can not see the sarcasm in it. It was posted by a guy who was having fun with me.

So I do practice what I preach and I think if sites ask that people not trade or publically give invites to their trackers, then if you want to remain a member there then kindly do as they ask.

You might also want to spend a tad bit more time here learning the patterns of people who frequent this forum. apperantly you have mistaken me for someone else.

I think SCN staff and any other tracker staff have the right to ask you not to give the invites on a public forum. If you don't like it, then find another 1 of a 100 others that don't ask such things. Not a flaming post, just a clarification for a member here that does not know me or what I am about. ;)

SpiderPig
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
and SHUVT, you say to respect them like you respect the FTN rules by trying to trade your account? Do not preach what you do not practice!

WTF are you smoking, kiddo? Do you have any proof? The man has never tried to trade his FTN account, of course because he is both against trading in addition to abiding by the tracker's rules.

If you don't like the rules, then GTFO! All they (SCN) want to do is to keep their community as tight-knit as possible, thus preventing folks to invite cheaters, traders, and a**holes. What do you not get? Dude, if u don't wanna follow their rules, go back to public trackers or other private trackers. You should be grateful that you don't havta pay for these private trackers, and to be in them is a privilege, not a right.

F**king traders.. so immature, naive, and ignorant.

pECi
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
...but if they don't catch you or don't wanna catch you ur safe

very witty, in the same category as : "if you don't die ur alive"

:P

staff from some sites don't really give their interest from where their members come from while other sites know what users came from trading but still don't care

am i clear now?

and i don't condone trading especially these days when people are trying desperately by all means to get a site and buffer it to trade it further on...many ppl buffer it with fake share scripts and shit so this really bring a bad aura to trading

there's a reason why sites ask you to give invites only to people you know...because you can get yourself in trouble too if you invite a bad user

StarBoy69
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
so that when your being a dope and you click on a link to check some one's account details or what not, it goes through a proxy, cause you were smart enought to enable it before comming here. Otherwise your IP can be disclosed through a 3rd party site, or many other methods.

WTF are you talking about assclown!?
Get your facts right before you go and accusing people of trading.
Especially shuvt who has never traded in his life.

Tokeman
06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
yes, it was a mistake in identity, I am sorry for that, I was not paying enough attention to what I was doing.
As far as not following the rules, no I do not follow them exactly (in terms of invites only). If I am responsible for who I invite, and I feel like inviting a random person, thats my buisness. If he/she/it is a bad member, ban me for it. The tracker still runs the same risk with me inviting my 'friend' who nobody else knows, and still puts my account on the line for them.

I have never had issues giving out invites for free to anyone. Every one of them has been a productive member of the trackers they recieved invites to. Just because I do not know any RL people to give invites to doesn't mean I should not use them at all. If that were the case, I, along with most people here, would never have been invited to our first private tracker.

Most giveaways have requirements also. This gives the inviter some background information on the invitee. Kind of like an interview. If you then take it one step further and talk to all potential people recieving the invite, you are then making a new friend through these communications, and invites are for friends after all!
If they dont want people rushing out to give them away, dont put a damn time limit on them. People feel like if they dont invite some one before it expires, they 'wasted' the invite, so they give em away, I know i've done this.

sorry again shuvt for the mistake, I usually do not post without straight facts, and I have no one to blame for that post but my own lazy ass. Of course this whole rant is just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

Dr_Green_Thumb
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
If it were not for invite swapping/trading I would still be at TD and Bitsoup not that they are bad. I have given a couple invites to friends from work but they werent really into it, didnt know how to seed or couldnt get the client setup right. If your going to invite somebody should'nt it be somebody who knows how to use torrent sites and probobly has a site you need in return for the one they need???

SHUVT
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
You can always make friends here and other sites. Friends does not have to be people you know in person. Just be social, make friends and while doing that and helping each other out when you can. Eventually you will have several online pals that you can network with and help each other. I think it takes far less time to be social and helpful to members of the community than buffering accounts and trading them.

The topic was based on publically giving the invite on public forums, not via chat or other ways that you would communicate on the net.

P.S. I found friends are made allot faster too, if your first line of introduction is not "can I have..."

SpiderPig
06-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I found friends are made allot faster too, if your first line of introduction is not "can I have..."

:rolleyes::frusty:
Like you have any friends... :noes:
Wait... you is me friend! yay! :D:w00t:

:pinch:

Dr_Green_Thumb
06-06-2007, 11:52 PM
my point is I understand the security concern and all but most peoples average friends and family dont know :shit: about torrents and people who have invites do.

Tokeman
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
true dr_green_thumb, most of the people I know in RL would be like, whats a torrent, or, I have to upload back?!?

NA_Magus
06-07-2007, 12:51 AM
true dr_green_thumb, most of the people I know in RL would be like, whats a torrent, or, I have to upload back?!?

Exactly. Most people I know are still using Limewire or if they do use torrents they actually complain when their upload exceeds their download.

JKIA
06-07-2007, 12:56 AM

agreed><

Skiz
06-07-2007, 02:06 AM

WTF are you smoking, kiddo? Do you have any proof? The man has never tried to trade his FTN account, of course because he is both against trading in addition to abiding by the tracker's rules.

If you don't like the rules, then GTFO! All they (SCN) want to do is to keep their community as tight-knit as possible, thus preventing folks to invite cheaters, traders, and a**holes. What do you not get? Dude, if u don't wanna follow their rules, go back to public trackers or other private trackers. You should be grateful that you don't havta pay for these private trackers, and to be in them is a privilege, not a right.

Well, FST isn't going anywhere, so deal with it.

The sooner trackers recognize that, the better off they'll be. Let's be realistic about this - The trackers who realize it and try to work with us instead of against us, get much better treatment around here as far as FST helping to fulfill some of their wishes along with our own. We try to create one big community, and not different communities working against each other. That doesn't benefit anyone. The trackers that are respectful, and communicate with us on a civilized level, get a good deal of help from FST. "wildbytes" is a great example of how a tracker and this forum can work together. We have found a compromise where the tracker feels they are resolving a problem that once existed, and FST continues to be productive source for it's members, as WildBytes owner gives out invites here. It's a give and take relationship. (We have deals such as this with multiple trackers).

As for comply with the tracker rules or "GTFO!"...... get real. One can just as conveniently say - If you don't like the way things are done at FST and the trading that happens, GTFO! Again, there are better ways for all parties involved.

Looking back at some of your posts Falcon, even you have given accounts away on multiple occasions, which is certainly against the rules of every private tracker I can name and no different than trading, as it's the account switching hands they don't like. So cease with the sanctimonious rant from atop your soapbox, as 99% of those in attendance come to this section to obtain invites in a way that trackers see unfitting.

When trackers don't want to scratch our backs, we certainly won't scratch theirs.

fstrulz
06-07-2007, 02:19 AM

FalconsSB... If you didn't have any your boyfriends, who invited you to high level trackers, then I bet you'd be trading for invites just like most of us. :dabs:

Skiz
06-07-2007, 02:29 AM

FalconsSB... If you didn't have any your boyfriends, who invited you to high level trackers, then I bet you'd be trading for invites just like most of us. :dabs:

Trading is not a must to obtain good trackers. I've never done it and I've had them all.

SpiderPig
06-07-2007, 02:44 AM

Trading is not a must to obtain good trackers. I've never done it and I've had them all.

Word. Btw, fstrulz - you should go check out the claim that you are a cheater.. :frusty: :angry: And no, there is no point in trading.

Skizo - this forum is DEFINATELY NOT for trading. Why do you think it's called FileSHARINGTalk instead of FileTRADINGTalk. FST is a great forums for trackers, but some trackers don't particular like the fact that people who are ignorant, malign, and rude are being invited to this close-knit community that makes these trackers (such as SCN).

Giving away accounts is not against the rules on the specific trackers (such as Pedro's BTMusic). If I don't use my account at all, why waste it? I don't see anything wrong with it, that is, if the person I'm giving it to is deserving. Again, FST is a great forum especially when it comes to the discussion of P2P networks - especially BT. That's why most of us like it here! People are helpful, fast, and most importantly, generous.

Skiz
06-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Word. Btw, fstrulz - you should go check out the claim that you are a cheater.. :frusty: :angry: And no, there is no point in trading.

That was sorted out. No one was at fault and I trashed the thread.

Skizo - this forum is DEFINATELY NOT for trading. Why do you think it's called FileSHARINGTalk instead of FileTRADINGTalk. FST is a great forums for trackers, but some trackers don't particular like the fact that people who are ignorant, malign, and rude are being invited to this close-knit community that makes these trackers (such as SCN).

Giving away accounts is not against the rules on the specific trackers (such as Pedro's BTMusic). If I don't use my account at all, why waste it? I don't see anything wrong with it, that is, if the person I'm giving it to is deserving. Again, FST is a great forum especially when it comes to the discussion of P2P networks - especially BT. That's why most of us like it here! People are helpful, fast, and most importantly, generous.

You're preaching to the choir. I know exactly what this forum is about. I was here under my original member ID ("Skizo" is my second) back when "FST" was still the K-Lite forum. I was here then. I was here when it was emancipated. I was here when the forum almost died several years ago.

Indeed it is called FileSharingTalk as that's the general purpose of the forum - sharing and education. You push that point as if to say that's all that happens here. The forum is also not called PoliticalTalk either, though that's what The Drawing Room is full of. Nor should the forum be called SoftwareTalk just b/c we have a Software section. FilesharingTalk is what it is because there is sharing of resources, information, intellectual hardware/software discussion, NZBs, and yes, even trackers, no matter the method that they are shared. It's a community where members can get together and share and learn. The Invites section is just one section of many, and the forum should not be judged solely by that sections activities.

Numerous members here have that entire section on ignore and don't even see it. I even did until I became a mod. :lol:

phrenzy
06-07-2007, 10:57 AM

We can't help that facts you have no friends...........

Patriot foreve
06-07-2007, 11:01 AM
well,i didn't really expect that move to come especially from scn for some reasons ,i don't even see why giveaways is annoying to them that much ,as mostly those who do giveaways makesure they have some strict rules for applying for afree invite to makesure good members get in ,alot of scn database were from fst or members who get invites from fst then gave them to friends who spread them in torrent trackers and other forums and places

Dr_Green_Thumb
06-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Patriot you mean the "uploaders" they were recruiting from here that they are now banning because they are not uploading enough on thier site.

seppypom
06-08-2007, 02:59 AM
This entire thing should get filed under the WGAS thread

Patriot foreve
06-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Patriot you mean the "uploaders" they were recruiting from here that they are now banning because they are not uploading enough on thier site.

I meant also their members database which at least half of them were from fst and those fst members who got in and liked the tracker and once they got invites there they tried to give it to other good members either here or in other forums and trackers ,Those members are the ones who using the tracker right now ,those members are those who keep the tracker going by leeching and seeding ,they have good content,uploaders and speeds but the amin base in my opinion of atracker is it's members ,they got plenty from fst in the past and now after they don't want fst members ,well it's their tarcker and they can do whatever they want about it but personally i didn't expect that to happen

Night0wl
06-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I for one am for the most part extremely disappointed in the people I invited from here. Seems like they just want the site for keeps and not to use. 2-3 weeks members with less than 10GB uploaded on 4x upload and free leech. Almost wish I could uninvite them :(

There have been one or two good invites though :)

JA
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I find it ironic, SCN bases its community on the higher members of FST, one of them being me, with OUR Input. Funny thing is id say 70% of SCN is FST members...

And its sad to say they have started banning members here for the simple reason of...

2007-05-29 - Disabled by Silver. IF HE ASKS WHY TELL HIM SILVER DISABLED YOU COS HE DONT LIKE YOU

Anyhow, 007 and Blade, i hope both of you grow up. At the end of the day, its just another BT tracker, ive seen many things from when i first started BT to now. Ive realised that theres more to life then bickering and pestering just for the sake of getting a tracker.

I wish SCN all the best in the future.