PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone translate this Chinese(?) word/phrase?

Rip The Jacker
06-08-2007, 05:33 AM
I was just given one of these:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/RTJ/DSC00351.jpg

And there is a word/phrase on it, I think it's Chinese, could be wrong, does anyone know what this says?

Upwards (?):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/RTJ/DSC00350.jpg

Upside down (?):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/RTJ/DSC00349.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/RTJ/DSC00348.jpg

Thanks. :)

Gripper
06-08-2007, 06:59 AM
It says "Stainless Steel" and "Hold with pointy end facing away from body"

Rip The Jacker
06-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Well that's lame. :P

Gripper
06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
It's a nice Katana,so I'd imagine it's a Japanese word.

Rip The Jacker
06-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I thought so too, but it's not real-real, just a novelty. It says China on it somewhere also. =/

Alien5
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
it says, do not use in bathroom

Rip The Jacker
06-08-2007, 09:37 AM
it says, do not use in bathroom
But that's where I cut myself. :emo:

Alien5
06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
:lol: i bet it says 'Made in Taiwan' :yes:

Rip The Jacker
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
:lol: i bet it says 'Made in Taiwan' :yes:
It says made in China on the other side. :P

thewizeard
06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
It says "Stainless Steel" and "Hold with pointy end facing away from body"

lol :)

clocker
06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
It says "Uma Thurman Signature Model".

Rip The Jacker
06-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Somehow I knew no one would take this seriously. :P

Gripper
06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Go for a walk with it and accost every oriental person you see and ask them to translate it,see how long it takes for the cops to arrest/shoot you.

Seedler
06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Literal translation:

“Recent/Now” “Ancient” “Have/Possess” “God/Spirit” “Worship/Admire” “Willpower” “Warrior/Scholar”

Each quotation is obviously one character.

Now putting it together:

1. Now and then there are spirits who admire and watch over strong-willed warriors.

or

2. Now and in the past there have been gods that reward those strong-minded scholars of worship.

The first translation should be the most valid seeing it is a carving on a sword.

Rip The Jacker
06-09-2007, 08:00 PM
1. Now and then there are spirits who admire and watch over strong-willed warriors.

or

2. Now and in the past there have been gods that reward those strong-minded scholars of worship.

The first translation should be the most valid seeing it is a carving on a sword.
Really? Cool.

Thanks dude. :)

thewizeard
06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Literal translation:

“Recent/Now” “Ancient” “Have/Possess” “God/Spirit” “Worship/Admire” “Willpower” “Warrior/Scholar”

Now putting it together:

or

I don't know if you've sussed it yet. I know a chinese girl I could ask to check it, she is fluent, every month. I will ask her for a literal translation.

Seedler
06-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Literal translation:

Now putting it together:

or

I don't know if you've sussed it yet. I know a chinese girl I could ask to check it, she is fluent, every month. I will ask her for a literal translation.

M'kay then. You can ask, but it's quite pointless, because I'm completely fluent in Chinese.

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Well you have a point; but it might also have meaning to it that transcends the individual pictograms. .Also and more important Seedler, a point that you totally overlooked, she's female and will visit me in my house.

Something Else
06-10-2007, 12:44 AM
It's Japanese and it says:

''read it sideways westerner''

Seedler
06-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Well you have a point; but it might also have meaning to it that transcends the individual pictograms. .Also and more important Seedler, a point that you totally overlooked, she's female and will visit me in my house.

:naughty: I believe Rip the Jacker has done a great favour to you by starting this thread:naughty:

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 06:07 AM

:naughty: I believe Rip the Jacker has done a great favour to you by starting this thread:naughty:

Believe me Seedler he has! Also on a side note, once you reach my age, one needs every excuse one can find to open conversations with Chinese women...they are cute and nag you in Chinese so you never get into an argument. They are also industrious, can always find work in Chinese restaurants and never cheat on their men folk.