PDA

View Full Version : Need help seeding with seedbox

david091
06-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Hey all, I have a seedbox and im on some pretty good sites. I see people saying they upload 50 gb+ all the time. Im on a few good sites like bitmetv, oink, and TL. I'd like to get my bitmetv account higher but im not sure what to download on there. Things that have the most leechers on there are season packs that 1-2 months old and they would probably be useless to download now on my seedbox? Maybe its a good idea to download them? I'd like to know some hints and whatnot.

I dont know, im just looking for some tips into getting a nice upload :)

Liked
06-20-2007, 07:38 AM
The best Way to get upload on BitmeTV is download it from SCT make a Guestupload on BitmeTV to push your ratio,because BitmeTv is tooooooooo
slow with pretimes and you will get the file earlie enough to upload it.

:)

david091
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
That's a pretty good idea, didnt think of that :)

JA
06-20-2007, 08:07 AM
What box do you have?

david091
06-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Im not postive, my friend is letting me use his for a while

Its a 100mbit and its pretty fast. My problem is that I dont know which torrents to snatch on and make sure I don't download something that is like 5 GB and not upload anything.

Im on oink right now, and i've gotten 8 gb uploaded/ 300 mb downloaded in 2 days so i guess that is kind of decent..

MrVictorRivers
06-20-2007, 08:37 AM
i generally try to hop on to torrents that are just posted...another thing, i usually take sometime to see what exactly the general flow of things is on a site...ie, what is popular, wat is not, wat the maximum number of leechers torrents get, wat the most likely number of leechers will be on a particular torrent, etc...with these things in mind, it gives me an idea of wat to download, and wat not to download....

znik
06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
you have to snatch new torrents when they are posted and predict which ones will be leeched most.

That is not always easy...

On oink you can make a nice buffer by leeching programs (for windows or mac) or tutorials that are new and seed them as much as you can.

I also always avoided torrents that the uploader had a bad upload speed, because by the time you will have downloaded the torrent, there will be many others who will have also downloaded it and will be seeding it.

Fast torrents and FAST !
This is my recipe!

I have recently made a buffer of around 100GB on oink in a few days without trying very hard and without a very fast seedbox.

.Vertigo
06-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to add that even though alot of the season packs have alot of leechers, these leechers may have just download a few episodes they wanted, and not the rest. In reality, they are kinda partial seeders. So don't expect to get much back from these collections just because they have alot of leechers.

david091
06-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Just wanted to add that even though alot of the season packs have alot of leechers, these leechers may have just download a few episodes they wanted, and not the rest. In reality, they are kinda partial seeders. So don't expect to get much back from these collections just because they have alot of leechers.

Yeah, i've learned that the hard way :/

Thanks for the advice on oinks. I kinda did what you said to NOT do though. I have uploaded a few GB when the uploader has a slow upload speed. I will try your way though and hopefully I get a bigger upload.

eliteman
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I usually search the artist (oink) or tv show (bitmetv) to see if the previous things with them were popular if they were I snatch it and get decent upload with it

jam0980tr
06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
The best Way to get upload on BitmeTV is download it from SCT make a Guestupload on BitmeTV to push your ratio,because BitmeTv is tooooooooo
slow with pretimes and you will get the file earlie enough to upload it.

:)

thxs 4 this tip;)

iam1337
06-21-2007, 09:05 PM
That is a lil bit hard though seeing how you only have 2-3 mins before a hot rls gets to bitmetv

Tokeman
06-21-2007, 09:50 PM
in the 5 mins it takes to dl a new show from sct, not many people will be finished on bitmetv. There is plenty of time to seed.

Hell, I dl from TL and up to bitmetv...

znik
06-21-2007, 10:23 PM
If you download something from TL or Sct and try to seed it right after that on BitmeTV, won't you get a warning for hit and running at the tracker you downloaded it from?

david091
06-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Nah im on ScT and you dont get any warnings like that.

Okay if im using a seedbox and say I download a new episode of entourage and i download it from ScT...

Do i download bitmetv's entourage and it would just start seeding automatically?

The thign I hate about bitmetv is that most people extract the compressed files and upload it as a AVI.

eliteman
06-21-2007, 11:08 PM
it would only start seeding if u extracted the sct files and downloaded to the directory where u extracted, otherwise you would just download the avi file that was uploaded to bitmetv, yes it is very annoying that people extract the files, don't like it either