PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Initialize Surface

Mcern
06-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Corrupted file?

It's an original game :o

MIDO-MIKO
06-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Im not really too sure about this, but it sounds like maybe it might be some sort of conflict with your video card maybe. When does that error message pop up? like when you're installing it, or when it tries to load levels or when?

If I were you the first thing i would do is to try to download the newest driver for my video card and see what that did. I wish i could help you out some more but you'll have to be more specific about the error message you get. In my experience though, a suprisingly large number of problems can be solved by just upgrading your vid card drivers, so i would deffinatly give that a shot.

Neil__
06-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MIDO-MIKO@16 June 2003 - 10:35
Im not really too sure about this, but it sounds like maybe it might be some sort of conflict with your video card maybe. When does that error message pop up? like when you're installing it, or when it tries to load levels or when?

If I were you the first thing i would do is to try to download the newest driver for my video card and see what that did. I wish i could help you out some more but you'll have to be more specific about the error message you get. In my experience though, a suprisingly large number of problems can be solved by just upgrading your vid card drivers, so i would deffinatly give that a shot.

Especially if you use XP.

Mcern
06-17-2003, 12:42 AM
I get it if I try running the damn thing.

I think my brother updated my video card some hours ago, but perhaps that was for linux, he's totally into that :lol:

But I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot :)

Cheers