PDA

View Full Version : FileSharing or Tracker Hunting?

burtz
06-25-2007, 06:18 AM
hi! i was wondering if most of us here really do share files and use them or, do you just buffer up your accounts just to trade them later? i'm not trying to point out anyone, i'm just curious about all the buffered trade i see most of the time. another reason would be because i'm bored i want to hear other people's thoughts about the meaning of filesharing for them. :)

Daniel
06-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, I'm saving one tracker to buffer, the rest I just use normally. That most often means having a buffer too but by no means one big enough to be worth anything as it's for my immediate personal use only ;) And while I have been on a go-around and registered on a few trackers lately, I'm still only active on a handful.

Well, my thoughts about filesharing are simple: it have been those greedy collectors who made filesharing to what it is today, an amazingly large economy. As I download only for my own meager needs, I don't see the point in having 50 or 100 trackers and actually being active on all!

Back to the topic of buffering accounts: it seems to be an effective way of trading up the ladder and for people with a good home/office uplink it's free as well. Opportunities for some people and I think that's okay.

ftnfscftwr
06-25-2007, 06:39 AM
well i have to say 4-5 accounts that i use regularly does it for me.
i dont see the point of having like 20 acc.For what?pleasure?wetting yrself at night that u have n acc?
ive signep up and asked for invites on many because of the fuss created around'em, but then just give it away.

Night0wl
06-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Well I don't buffer account to trade, but I do buffer accounts when possible so that I can grab torrents with no leechers and sometimes so I can get invites for my friends. Buffering accounts for trading is just stupid. Let them buffer their own accounts.

As for having 20 accounts.. why not? Not all sites offer the same content. I have more than 20 different accounts and use all at times.

WHRST
06-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I buffer acc when i first register on trackers when i can to get to pu stasus then i can leech some without worrying about my ratio because it can take me days/wks to seed back sometimes. I have a dozen acc whats wrong with that? I use mostly only 5-7 of them at any one time but i always get to the others again eventually.

mikechrobot
06-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I have lots of accounts but only use a few, as to buffering, I use my seedbox on trackers to get buffers but only because I want to have a comfortable leech at my home conn, I download about 200GB a month at home so I need a box to not get terrible ratios

As to buffering to trade I don't really see the point of it, getting good trackers has become like paying for them, since you have to pay for a seedbox to get the buffers.

burtz
06-25-2007, 02:41 PM
i agree on what you all said. i myself have a good number of trackers with different content and i download what i only need.

te00
06-25-2007, 06:19 PM
I download everything about electro music cuz i dont know.Get get get till my hd is full and i buy another.

import_fighter
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
traders buff accounts to give them more value on the "trading scene" I have quite a few sites but some are specialty sites i use for tv,mma,music,flac and then of course a few general and then others for their rare exclusive files. If I buff an account its so i can download lots and not worry about ratio.

saulin
06-25-2007, 07:48 PM
I like to buffer them at the begining just enough to beat the waiting time and maybe get some invites. There are some trackers that I use a lot. Like Under-Ground Gamer and Pleasuredome and TL and Oink. But the highest buffer I have is 200 gigs @ Czone and I didn't buffer it. Someone gave it to me. So most of my buffers are like 10-30 gigs because I don't like trading accounts and I don't need huge buffers for myself. If I don't use a tracker I usually will give it away to someone that might use it.

Really if I were to select the trackers that I really use or will use it will be about 10 trackers probably. I also use newsgroups a lot.

ahmedbakeer
06-25-2007, 08:17 PM
no way

walczanin
06-25-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah at some point u r right
spirit of fst is lost...a bit

Nestea
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I think it's more like tracker hunting.

stroj
06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
You know what, ppl who trading and trophyhunting dont read threads like this :)

PastTense
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM
What are you talking about: buffering accounts?

WHRST
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
tbh i don't always think about but it is what happens when i want pu status and not much i want to DL yet. Though some sites should change there bonus system like only 10 days of seeding will get u 10GB upload and that's to easy.

th0r
06-26-2007, 02:17 AM
i have several buffered accounts, but i would never trade them

ceasar
06-26-2007, 03:23 AM
I see no reason not to buffer accounts, especially those I use everyday. :)

burtz
06-26-2007, 07:14 AM
good to hear that there are still users in here that really care about the core of filesharing itself. like i've said before, we are still parasites from the scene groups that are giving us the what they worked for. i hope this trading trend ends sometime, if not soon. :)

th0r
06-26-2007, 07:16 AM
What are you talking about: buffering accounts?

a buffered account is an account with a lot of wiggle room to download

burtz
06-26-2007, 07:38 AM
I see no reason not to buffer accounts, especially those I use everyday. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif

yeah, that's good. but i was pointing out buffering just to trade. :)

WHRST
06-26-2007, 07:40 AM
I see no reason not to buffer accounts, especially those I use everyday. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif

yeah, that's good. but i was pointing out buffering just to trade. :)

I guess i forgot that part of the discussion but i guess users who have servers probably do that alot. do alot of users come here just to trade? is that fst reputation?

RainRoofer
06-26-2007, 09:09 AM
I use my accs, some rarely some very often, although I have rapidshare.com premium and newz.I prefer BT cuz of it's uniques you can find.

dcliffnotes
06-26-2007, 10:17 AM
right now i am trying to buffer my important accounts to pu status, not for trades but to give some invites out. i need to start a "First Giveaway" thread one day to pay for my dues. thanks to all who gave me invites. and to burtz.....Mabuhay!!!!!

th0r
06-28-2007, 04:18 AM
do alot of users come here just to trade? is that fst reputation?

to a lot of tracker staff and senior members, i'd say so