PDA

View Full Version : Is Demonoid Down?

Jeff234
06-26-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm getting this message:

Error: Host Not Accessible

The web host www.demonoid.com is not accessible.
Possible sources of this error:

The host name is invalid
There was a DNS error
The web site may be unavailable
You may not be connected to the internet Please edit the URL, or search for it using Google (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=gwadns&q=http://www.demonoid.com/).
Google Web Accelerator version 0.2.93.115-pintail.a
Windows XP 5.1

shyNOFX
06-26-2007, 02:21 AM
same here

qwertypoiuyt
06-26-2007, 02:22 AM
Looks like it

digitalmayhem
06-26-2007, 02:24 AM
I never use Demonoid, but the one time I need it because I can't find "I Married a Strange Person" anywhere else, it's freaking down. Lame.

It's not DNS either. I have Demonoid in my host file and it's not working.

samoyan
06-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Unable to connect...

Stickreid
06-26-2007, 03:42 AM
THIS SUCKS. I want my musicks!

digitalmayhem
06-26-2007, 03:45 AM
IRC says it will be down for a while.

Adster
06-26-2007, 04:47 AM
same for me too happy though I thought maybe my ISP maybe blocked it so its not my problem hehe its good for me coz I find good classic DVDr movies on there even though its a bit slow

sense
06-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Down for me as well :( , good thing I don't use it much.

Brenya
06-26-2007, 05:09 AM
I got onto it, but only the homepage.
What I did was, I first typed in demonoid.com into the address bar.
The problem loading page popped up.
Then I pressed the Back button, which took me back to google.com (my homepage).
Then I pressed Foreward (to demonoid.com) and I actually get through.
I've been trying to use this strategy to search the torrents, but in vain.

This is really strange. Can some one provide an explanation!?

-----------------------------automerged doublepost-----------------------

Hahaha I am such a genius.
I am not getting demonoid.com and demonoid.com/torrents.php from the demonoid server - I'm getting it from firefox's cache. firefox stores the complete webpages that you visit, not just the url.

To confirm this I first searched for "asdfasdfda" on demonoid and couldn't do my little trick to get a page to 'load'
But then I searched a string that I have already searched on demonoid, "American Beauty", only to find a webpage pop up.

Isn't that silly?

Btw, American Beauty rocks. I watched it last night.

phreak9i6
06-26-2007, 05:45 AM
the demon is down... I read something earlier to the effect that the admins are pulling a bunch of torrent sites from a particular ISP and moving them elsewhere. Sad day :(

Night0wl
06-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Yeah American Beauty went instant classic. Brilliant movie.

It's down for me too. Getting nothing at all except that default screen in Firefox

Brenya
06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
at least i'm still dlin. the tracker is updating fine. :ermm: That's strange.

DaRotor
06-26-2007, 08:07 AM
http://torrentfreak.com/torrent-sites-safe-haven-under-threat/

Beenieman
06-26-2007, 09:35 AM
yeah down for me too. Typical it goes down the day I need a file off it.

crabmed
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah it's down..I thought demonoid banned me.:) Maybe they are updating the site or something..:ermm:

Brokecore
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Just when i went to download the new Howard Stern.

Woe is me.

desperation
06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
me too

samsung2005
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
down 100% !
hope it comes back soon !

Adster
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
so is it down for legal reasons or what?? who has the answers?

I hope its just a update or a problem rather then a big legal MPAA problem just when I was enjoying Demonoid

Brokecore
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
They must be changing servers.

Due to the Leaseweb issue DaRotor posted a link to.

Or something to that effect.

Tigerwiccan
06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
My guess is that they are just moving it to a new ISP to be safe. Although who knows how long that might take. I wish they would at least put the forums back up soon, so we would know what is going on.

But I'm glad I just got some good stuff off of there, so it should hold me off for a while. :)

Adster
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
actully just found out in the IRC room it was just a hardware failure nothing to do with that legal issue and they have to backup to another HD etc and will be down a few days

PHEW!! I thought all the worst there

thank god I have a lot of torrents saved on my HD there I can download while its down seeing its still working the tracker

nsk
06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Yep, hardware failure, just to confirm the above post, this was posted at torrent freak today:

Last week, Demonoid’s ISP was forced to take a smaller BitTorrent site offline. So, when the Demonoid site failed to respond this morning, many expected the worst.

However, the current downtime of Demonoid has nothing to do with legal actions, but with hardware issues. The Demonoid team says they are currently replacing harddrives, and that it could take a few days before the site is back up.
The timeline given indicated that this is more than a regular hardware update. The downtime is probably caused by harddrive failure.
The official announcement in the Demonoid IRC channel is:

“Site offline for a few days while harddrives get replaced”
At this point it is still uncertain if any data is permanently lost or how long it will take to get things up and running. Luckily the Demonoid trackers are not affected by the downtime. Demonoid is still one of the most used trackers, any downtime of the tracker will make thousands of torrents unusable in clients without DHT and multi-tracker support.
Stay Tuned!

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-offline-for-a-few-days/

Tigerwiccan
06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Ah, cool. Well I wish them all speed in getting it back up then.

In the mean time, if I'm a Demonoid member (which I am) and I find a Demonoid torrent on another site (like Torrentspy), will I be able to download it, even though the site is down and there is no way to be logged in?

Sovan
06-26-2007, 03:28 PM
We had a system problem which will force us to restore everything from backup.
The disks are pretty much empty right now and until we are able to upload the backup and set up everything up, we have to close down.

We'll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience. ;)

Fibo
06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
I got this Email from them::

For information on Demonoid happenings, come back and visit the temp forum.

Regards,
The Ruzsteroid Team.

http://www.ruzster.com/forum/index.php

I put in the details of My account and sure enough I got in, it says they are having problems with there servers.
I dont know what else

phantasm9999
06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Nooooooo!

Where will I find new Howard Stern torrents now? :(

torentcouple
06-27-2007, 12:48 AM
try redskunk.org

Nooooooo!

Brenya
06-27-2007, 01:27 AM
In the mean time, if I'm a Demonoid member (which I am) and I find a Demonoid torrent on another site (like Torrentspy), will I be able to download it, even though the site is down and there is no way to be logged in?

I am pretty sure you can still download Demonoid torrents from, say, thepiratebay or isohunt.
Demonoid's tracker is still responsive, at least for me. I don't know why.
I just updated the torrents I am currently seeding and leeching from demonoid's tracker without fail.
The tracker is http://inferno.demonoid.com:****/announce. The **** is used because demonoid changes ports allot, so it really could be any.
Nonetheless the tracker still works and you can still download their torrents.

If you visit their site now it says:

The disks are pretty much empty right now and until we are able to upload the backup and set up everything up, we have to close down.

We'll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I just had to point out their spelling and grammar mistakes. :O Tsk tsk tsk. There should be a ";" after now, and there should not be an "up" after everything. :pinch::)

Anyway, I'd just like to speculate... they could just be lying to "the press" at torrentspy, and to us for that matter; they could have gotten in legal trouble.
I can't imagine the incentive for lying to us, however. I guess I'm just being paranoid.

Demonoid = Torrent God

crabmed
06-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Nah..I think demonoid must have been cleaning their cupboards now. If they are really in trouble, words must have gotten out already. Let us hope that they'll be back ASAP.

phantasm9999
06-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Thank you! :D

try redskunk.org

Nooooooo!

Deykalion
06-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Update from their page (http://www.demonoid.com):

June 27

We were planning on returning online in the next few hours - probably tomorrow afternoon. But due some recent events, and following the advice of a lot of you, we will make a few more changes that might take a few days longer. As always, thanks for you continued support and patience. For the ones wondering, the timing of the downtime was coincidental.

bad_andy
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I do hope they are putting in some sort on contingency plans like TPB did though.. I almost have a couple TB uploaded on that damn thing.. Bah, maybe someday it'll help me get on some of the other private trackers.. I am getting really tired of all the dupes on demonoid..

LackOfInterest
06-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Well whatever the real reason is for it being down, whether it be Brein or hardware issues, i hope they come back. That's the site that first got me into torrenting, i dont use it much anymore but it would still suck to see it go.

bad_andy
06-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Well whatever the real reason is for it being down, whether it be Brein or hardware issues, i hope they come back. That's the site that first got me into torrenting, i dont use it much anymore but it would still suck to see it go.

Must be nice to have moved onto better trackers.. :P Damn, I do want back on bitme.. :(

te00
06-28-2007, 06:14 PM
June 26

We.ll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

June 27

We were planning on returning online in the next few hours - probably tomorrow afternoon. But due some recent events, and following the advice of a lot of you, we will make a few more changes that might take a few days longer. As always, thanks for you continued support and patience. For the ones wondering, the timing of the downtime was coincidental.

Edit: We are currently performing some changes to the servers. Complete blackouts are to be expected.

maxcarter
06-28-2007, 10:46 PM
demonoid is one of the best sites out there. I wish them back soon. :cry:

man
06-28-2007, 10:59 PM
June 26

We.ll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

June 27

Edit: We are currently performing some changes to the servers. Complete blackouts are to be expected.

that's when tried to open the site,,

this site in my openion is the bigest site for torrents