PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Hacked?

Xelotath
06-16-2003, 12:58 AM
I found a torrent for a gamecube game on Supernove.org Now, i did not know the GC had been hacked (I keep pretty up on anything to due with GC) I was wondering if anyone knows if this ISO (its for Zelda BTW) is playable on on the GC. or is it usable on an emulator (i didn't know there was one)

Xelotath
06-16-2003, 02:02 AM
Idisagreee with your opinion of the GC, however i respect it. i would just like to point out to you that just saying the GC is the worst console without any reasons is a little immature. If you gave it a chance you mght like it. It's power is just a shmidge under that of the X-box and it has great games.

Paul_NFFC
06-16-2003, 02:07 AM
well im speaking from a uk point of view, i know theres more games out in US (Altho u may be in uk too) the games are really childish all nintendo ever release is the same shit like mario,zelda and theyve released really old and crap games which have been on other consoles like dreamcast and ps2 long b4 it e.g crazy taxi,18 wheeler,ferarri 355 challenge and many more

i dont really like any console i only like pc's, i really loved dreamcast but sadly it went bust :(

if i had 2 choose the best console in my opinion at the moment its the xbox but i still wouldent buy 1

forq2
06-16-2003, 02:50 AM
can we stick to the topic. i dunno if it has been hacked it would be pretty cool but they are special disks so tough luck burning it because it cant even read regualr cds

Xelotath
06-16-2003, 03:18 AM
Yeah, it uses special mini-dvd's and that is the only format it can read. also, it reads Backwards comparitively to a normal dvd, so good luck getting a burner that can put the image on backwards. and what good is an ISO without an emulator?

Paul_NFFC
06-16-2003, 03:30 AM
maybe there is an emulator :o

they aint gonna release a gc ISO if there is no way you can play it :huh:

twr7cx
06-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@16 June 2003 - 12:07
well im speaking from a uk point of view, i know theres more games out in US (Altho u may be in uk too) the games are really childish all nintendo ever release is the same shit like mario,zelda and theyve released really old and crap games which have been on other consoles like dreamcast and ps2 long b4 it e.g crazy taxi,18 wheeler,ferarri 355 challenge and many more

i dont really like any console i only like pc's, i really loved dreamcast but sadly it went bust :(

if i had 2 choose the best console in my opinion at the moment its the xbox but i still wouldent buy 1
I have Crazy Taxi for the PS2, so does that mean that the PS2 is also only releasing 'old crap games'? Also, if you don't like any console, how can you lvoe the Dreamcast? Just two thoughts I was having...

Busyman
06-16-2003, 10:57 AM
and Crazy Taxi was horrible on PS2

Paul_NFFC
06-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by twr7cx@16 June 2003 - 09:16

I have Crazy Taxi for the PS2, so does that mean that the PS2 is also only releasing 'old crap games'? Also, if you don't like any console, how can you lvoe the Dreamcast? Just two thoughts I was having... [/quote]
i meant i dont like any consoles that are on the market at the moment, those being gaystation 2,lamecube and xblock

twr7cx
06-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@16 June 2003 - 21:00
i meant i dont like any consoles that are on the market at the moment, those being gaystation 2,lamecube and xblock
No worries, mate, I just had nopthing better to post... :P

junkyardking
06-16-2003, 12:07 PM
I think this site has do with that zelda release
http://www.gc-nfo.com/

BritishICE
06-16-2003, 02:10 PM
I am a computer engineer with console hacking as a hobby. ;) I can say with a large dose of certainty that GC has not been hacked. However, the console is also not hack proof. Although the security features are more substantial than any mass produced product to this day. The production of GC discs contains a second process which includes some kind of laser inscription, this can be seen when the disc is held up to light at a certain angle. This ensures that any hardware modification will also have to include into account the special properties of the GC discs.

neevakee
06-16-2003, 09:52 PM
the other reason the GC has not been hacked is that the disk spin in reverse. so in order to burn a game you woul need some fancy software and alot of computing time to reverse the data. also to extract the data from the disk is a problem in it of its self.

Xelotath
06-16-2003, 10:27 PM
thats why I do not understand the value of a GC ISO. I would think nly top of the line computer would even come close to the power necessary to emulate the GC. and if they can't put it on a disk for the GC, i see no point in having it. I myself am glad that Nintendo made it so difficult to pirate thier software. I am, and always will be a loyal nintendo fan. I don't think this system or, any of thier future systems will be easy to hack at all.

summond_skull
06-17-2003, 08:33 PM
gamecube iz ten times better than ps2 game cube has better speed games controls graphics. the only reason ps2 sells more iz cause it'z got more gamez . i checked gamemasters mag which supports all consoles says gamecube iz sellin more now cause wind waker iz out i have it and it rocks unlike vice city which i have for pc and ps2. yes thats right i have a ps2 xbox gamecube but still ps2 cannot match the gamecubes stantdards. :angry:

imported_Black.Ops
06-18-2003, 05:51 AM
Xelotath just incase u havent heard nintendo aint making systems anymore.. I am a fan myself but you cant have everything you want. And secondly it HAS been hacked. The hackers are releasing the software to burn backwards which they have been developing soon. There is a NFO for it on nfosource. There are MiniDisks for sale which have 1.5 gigs, just like the GC disks infact they are the same ones that nintendo uses and they are about $8 a piece (but you can find them for like 3) Another way for to play these games is to take off the top of the GC and put a normal dvd on them (the lazer can reach around a normal dvd). Also it is said that a company is releasing a addon so that you can play normal dvds on your GC without breaking it open. It is also said that you can play burnt games on a Panisonic Q if you manage to burn them backwards.

There are videos of people playing burnt GC games. One has the GC opened up and the other they just use minidisks.

Xelotath
06-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Black.Ops@17 June 2003 - 21:51
Xelotath just incase u havent heard nintendo aint making systems anymore.. I am a fan myself but you cant have everything you want. And secondly it HAS been hacked. The hackers are releasing the software to burn backwards which they have been developing soon. There is a NFO for it on nfosource. There are MiniDisks for sale which have 1.5 gigs, just like the GC disks infact they are the same ones that nintendo uses and they are about $8 a piece (but you can find them for like 3) Another way for to play these games is to take off the top of the GC and put a normal dvd on them (the lazer can reach around a normal dvd). Also it is said that a company is releasing a addon so that you can play normal dvds on your GC without breaking it open. It is also said that you can play burnt games on a Panisonic Q if you manage to burn them backwards.

There are videos of people playing burnt GC games. One has the GC opened up and the other they just use minidisks.
what are you a moron? Nintendo IS making consoles still and they WILL make a successor to the GC. It is ridiculous that you think you can get the same disk that GC games are on for 8$ BECAUSE PANASONIC IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT MAKES THAT SPECIFIC FORMAT AND ONLY SELLS THEM TO NINTENDO. and the GC laser Cannot read Normal size DVD's sorry. The panasonic has 2 different lasers to read GC disks and cd normal Dd's. and you cannot play a normal mini-dd in the GC because it WILL NOT READ IT BECAUSE GC DISKS ARE WRITTEN BACKWARDS! Also the First track of the disks are offset or have some sort of quirck in the write format that makes it even HARDER to burn. you say the GC has been hacked, I say you are an idiot. The burden of proof is on you. you show me a GC that is 100% undoubtably hacked and i will say you are right. Oh, and that video, they switched the Disk. It is hard to tell, but right before they put the disk in the GC the shadow jumps randomly. that means that stopped the camera, switched disks, and put it in the GC.

Xelotath
06-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Oh, and i thought i would add that software CAN NOT make a burner write backwards. and you completely ignored my statement about the first track on GC disks. But oh, let me guess. They found a way to get around that too? what about the 1024 bit encryption? did they get past that too? I seriously doubt it.

Xilo
06-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Makes you wonder though what the point of the several Gamecube iso releases were for if the Gamecube hasn't been hacked... :blink:

Xelotath
06-19-2003, 12:09 AM
They could just be a Dump. not an actual Iso. but an ISo created form the dump data.

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 01:02 AM
Who wants a donunt size disc that you cant copy....The controllers really bug me because they are shaped so odd.

Xelotath
06-19-2003, 04:17 AM
Peopel thought the DC controller sucked, but once you use it for a while you get very used to it and it becomes a great controller. Also you cannot ignore the fact that the GC has the only reliable wireless controller. gotta love the wavebird.

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 04:22 AM
No....Xbox has a Wireless MadCatz controller that isnt heavy at all.

Xelotath
06-19-2003, 05:09 AM
IMO 3rd party controllers arent as good as 1st. I like the wavebird becasue it is the exact same controller as the normal GC. it just can be used from 100 ft away. :P