PDA

View Full Version : Can I move torrents from one client to another?

threelions00
06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Is it possible to move all the torrents from utorrent to another client?

i have decided i would like to try another client but want to keep uploading what i have.

Cheers, 3lions

etai3000
06-27-2007, 08:15 AM
go to start press run and type
%appdata%

a folder will came up with a bunch of folders in there
enter to a folder called utorrent ,that folder holds any torrent that are to be found
inside the utorrent client

right click on the torrent you want to upload using the other client
press open with and look for the other cllient or simply open the cother client and drag the torrent to it it will ask you where to put it you must put it in the same location you putted before or else it wont upload...just download all over again

hope that helps

threelions00
06-27-2007, 08:16 AM
hi, thanks, i was just about to say 'Doesn't matter now, i think i have done it now!' and i am using the method you said so thank you

3lions

bluelion
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
nice reply etai3000 , thx

threelions00
06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
lol, i decided to stick with utorrent in the end after all...it seems to be the best there is! but that's just my opinion

Melvinmeow
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
lol, i decided to stick with utorrent in the end after all...it seems to be the best there is! but that's just my opinion

I agree with you there.. It tends to use a whole lot less sustem resources than any other clients I have ever used.

RandomNewbie
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM

I agree with you there.. It tends to use a whole lot less sustem resources than any other clients I have ever used.
Yup. People who still use clients like BitTornado really baffle me. BT is complete crap.

necromantic
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
If you do end up moving files back and forth between clients remember to disable the !ut extensions. I used to move files from client to client when they hung at 99.9%. That hasn't happened to me in over a year though.

mbucari1
06-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Also, utorrent creates the smallest .torrent files I have ever seen :)