PDA

View Full Version : Resizing uTorrent Window

necromantic
06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I just set up my leeware box this morning and everything went smoothly (thanks to buggyme). The only problem now is that I cannot resize the utorrent window or move the window around.

Any ideas?

redMonster
06-27-2007, 04:34 PM
In putty, type this command:

vncserver :1 -geometry <width>x<height> (according to your resolution)

For example, vncserver :1 - geometry 1024x768

necromantic
06-27-2007, 04:50 PM
thanks redMonster, now it's much easier to read. Only problem is I can't stretch out the utorrent window to make it bigger or move it over so I can get at the command prompt.

Sorry, I know it's a noob question but I haven't used unix in like 5 years lol

mbucari1
06-27-2007, 05:22 PM
The problem is that it is not windows explorer. The only way I have found to use to use the command line is to start a new instance of the vnc server. I'm by no means a linux expert, so there is probably another way. However, I don't think you'll be able to drag the window around like you do in windows.

necromantic
06-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Well at least it's useable the way it is. Now I can focus my posting on complaining about leeware's speeds lol.

kaoblanco
06-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Install twm (window manager)

There's a post about it that I'll dig up in a minute.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-filesharing-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-post1997007/postcount171

There it is :)

Buggyme
06-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, you can install twm, but I don't really like it seeing as leeware is not really a powerful box. Installing twm can make controlling it slow. Although, I know a few people who installed GNOME/KDE on it and lived with it.

necromantic
06-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Cool, thanks guys. I'll try it out in the morning, don't want to mess the box up too bad before bed :)

kaoblanco
06-28-2007, 04:33 AM
I'm not linux pro, so I'll more than cede to Buggyme's statements.

Also, I had some trouble with context menus in utorrent when running twm. But, the one time use of twm to allow resizing of the utorrent window followed by the removal of twm gave me just what I was looking for.

My post about it here: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-leeware-context-utorrent-under-wine-post2091997/postcount4

I make no claims this is the best/a good way to go, but it's just like I want it. :)