PDA

View Full Version : Irc Network, New Gui & Program.

imported_holte_-_ender
06-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Alright Ppl,

I just thought this to my self while i was sitting at my pc viewing vcdquality.com.

You know mIRC & it's network well i've tried really hard to try and figure it out and i've read loads of guides to try and help me but i seem to go no further... mIRC, lets face it, it is rock hard to use... Why can't someone make a new program like Kazaa/Limewire/iMesh (with no f***ing spy/ad-ware) that can cut out all the BOTs and other shit on there... and have a search and traffic theme.. wouldn't it be much easier to use and more people could have these top quality movie screeners much quicker... If there is a program that can do this already that i havn't seen could someone please tell me.

Holte :ph34r:

stoi
06-16-2003, 10:05 AM
www.irc-ork.be only a 7 day trial and the serial is imposible to find.

www.packetseek.com

and bottler not sure what the url is to that one though.

Makiaveli
06-16-2003, 02:16 PM
www.mydownloader.com just search. then all u have to do is click and paste..whats so hard aobut that?

imported_holte_-_ender
06-16-2003, 02:40 PM
I suppose your rite... But it would be much easier with a nice proggy for it dont ya rekkon?

PS. Thanks Stoi B)

harrycary
06-16-2003, 02:49 PM
What a lame post. First of all, MiRC is not a network It is a program to connect to a network/channel. Secondly, a simpler version to use? Why do you think Napster was created or Limewire, or Kazaa? Those are user-friendly versions of IRC file trading.

IRC will never change and as mentioned above, the IRC search sites make it so easy to download. FYI: most networks/channels are banning the use of "bottlers"

MiRC isn't free but XiRCon (http://www.xircon.com) is.

imported_holte_-_ender
06-16-2003, 03:19 PM
No need to get cocky about it and i know mIRC isn't a network i knew it was a program that connects to the network... I do use it sometimes. (but i can never work out how to download on it) and thats why i was simply asking whether there was any alternatives.

Nuff Sed

Makiaveli
06-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@16 June 2003 - 14:49
What a lame post. First of all, MiRC is not a network It is a program to connect to a network/channel. Secondly, a simpler version to use? Why do you think Napster was created or Limewire, or Kazaa? Those are user-friendly versions of IRC file trading.

IRC will never change and as mentioned above, the IRC search sites make it so easy to download. FYI: most networks/channels are banning the use of "bottlers"

MiRC isn't free but XiRCon (http://www.xircon.com) is.
why are u getting so mad? The guy just asked a simple question....

nanotek
06-16-2003, 05:54 PM
:D hi try packetseek its a prog that searches irc for files and dl them to u some of the speeds are pretty good :P get it at packetseek.com

nanotek
06-16-2003, 06:00 PM
:P oh by the way Harrycary mirc IS free ,i know of a couple of ppl who got the prog years bak and still hav'nt reg including me :P

stonecold1203
06-16-2003, 07:16 PM
I use miRC. It is really not that hard.

If you don't understand anything, just ask me.

Its really not that hard. You just gotta know how to copy and paste.

I mean when you click on something on the search site, all you have to do is paste.
It even connects to that channel FOR YOU..

I find it is very easy to use. :D

imported_holte_-_ender
06-16-2003, 09:27 PM
I live in england, and i get slow speeds... is this to do with the main servers being in USA?? or am i just choosing the wrong servers?

stoi
06-16-2003, 09:32 PM
ok it depends.

what connection are you on for a start.

also if a bot has 100KBs max transfer speed and your the only 1 on (so before you connect he will have 1/1 under slots) then you should get 100KBs (if you connection can handle that). But if he has got 100KBs max transfer speed but before you connect to him it says he has 1/10 slots, then when you connect he will have 10/10 slots divide that by 100KBs, and that leaves everyone connected with just 10KBs each.

So your download will just go 10KBs until someone finishes the file or you get sick and cancel it.

Using packetseek ive seen 250KBs on my 132KBs connection, it didnt last very long maybe a couple of minutes buit it ws good to see while it lasted.

so what you are idealy looking for is someone with a fast connection, with at least 1 slot open but not a lot of total slots.

hope this helps,

stoi

packerfan3001
06-17-2003, 04:08 AM
does packetseek have spy/adware???

stoi
06-17-2003, 01:30 PM
no

kazaaliterock
06-20-2003, 09:44 PM
i know this is a noob question but how do i resume a donwlaod on mirc. i have it set to auto get and "if file exist" resume in the option menu but it never resume. it just says in the download box "requesting resume" after a couple minute it say "connection fail" so how do i resume.