PDA

View Full Version : Can you say: NEW DEMONOID INTERFACE!?!?

Brenya
06-28-2007, 01:46 AM
But due some recent events, and following the advice of a lot of you, we will make a few more changes that might take a few days longer. As always, thanks for you continued support and patience. For the ones wondering, the timing of the downtime was coincidental.

Edit: We are currently performing some changes to the servers.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Buggyme
06-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Hmm, I don't think they'll change it, will they?

mforcex
06-28-2007, 02:01 AM
I bet they will rename the place is Deviloid.

Brenya
06-28-2007, 03:10 AM
It's obvious that they are making some sort of change. I hope they finally add in the memberlist.

digitalmayhem
06-28-2007, 03:20 AM
If you want to look up a specific person on Demonoid, just click on your own profile and change your name to the person you want to look up in the URL.

I don't think they'll ever get the actual member list going.

andrewhawk
06-28-2007, 04:12 AM
super cool,
really? a new interface??

Goldeneye
06-28-2007, 05:04 AM
I like the UI before it shut down. It definitely gave it some character. Another tracker by the name ProjectOxide stole Demonoid's UI and used it as their own.

They're obviously doing something though. There's no way a system restore would take this long. I hope Demonoid comes back online soon.

redMonster
06-28-2007, 05:33 AM
It looks unlikely to me that they are going to change the stylesheet or interface. They might modify or add some features.

Fibo
06-28-2007, 06:23 AM
What ever there doing over there they got me excited

deuce6000
06-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Did you guys read this?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-news-section-95/t-anti-piracy-organization-tries-shut-down-demonoid-199032

weenden
06-28-2007, 08:24 AM
so much for excitement

Brenya
06-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I like the UI before it shut down. It definitely gave it some character.
Agreed. Definitely original.

It looks unlikely to methat they are going to change the stylesheet or interface. They might modify or add some features.
Also agreed. :P

XXTC
06-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Looks like they are changing to a new isp or putting the site offshore somewhere

mbucari1
06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
The suggestions were probably server side suggestions. Security. maintenance, etc.

Gish
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Did they ever fix the forums which at the time you need another password to login to them. the reason I ask is because I have not checked the forums in months and maybe that would be what there working on?!

nanajeebus
06-28-2007, 04:50 PM
I just assumed they were moving to a new hosting service since leaseweb was having legal problems.

Brenya
06-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Well in demonoid's forums (fora.demonoid.com) there is a specific subforum in which users of demonoid recommend/suggest additional features to the site. Last time I checked, there were a lot of threads in that subforum, although I didn't bother roaming about in there. Though I did go in there to ask when the member list is supposed to come online. I for one really hope they integrate the forums into the website because it's inconvenient (not to mention weird) to sign in twice to get into the forums; and it would also attract more users into the forums , since they wouldn't have the hassle of signing in twice.

The suggestions were probably server side suggestions. Security. maintenance, etc.
I figured them saying "and following the advice of a lot of you" meant that they are following the advice of the users and not suggestions on the 'server's side'. "A lot of you" kind of implies, you know, a lot of people (i.e. the thousands of demonoid users), and not the few moderators.

import_fighter
06-29-2007, 02:30 AM
maybe someone will post up when the changes are done and i'll go check it out. I really dont frequent demonoid that much.