PDA

View Full Version : oink down ?

bloodhell
06-30-2007, 08:12 AM
edit .. problem resolved .. sorry !

th0r
06-30-2007, 08:15 AM
From oinks News

We apologize for the continuing DNS problems. You can get around this by adding our hostnames directly to your hosts file. Add the following lines to your \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (the number of spaces between the IP and the name doesn't matter as long as there's at least one space (or tab):

85.17.40.69 tracker.oink.me.uk
85.17.40.70 irc.oink.me.uk
85.17.40.71 oink.me.uk

there's your answer/solution

shaibob
06-30-2007, 08:30 AM
can't understand anything

oh yeah now i understand
problem fixed

foxe
06-30-2007, 09:15 AM
thx m8 i wondering what hapend :P

torrents4life
06-30-2007, 05:59 PM
hmm i cant add anything to my hosts file. it says the file is read-only. im using vista if that makes any difference. anyone know what else i can do?

digitalmayhem
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
hmm i cant add anything to my hosts file. it says the file is read-only. im using vista if that makes any difference. anyone know what else i can do?

#1 Get rid of Vista
#2 Turn off UAC
#3 Give yourself administrative access

zoeygirly
06-30-2007, 06:27 PM
From oinks News

We apologize for the continuing DNS problems. You can get around this by adding our hostnames directly to your hosts file. Add the following lines to your \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (the number of spaces between the IP and the name doesn't matter as long as there's at least one space (or tab):

85.17.40.71 oink.me.uk

there's your answer/solution

Thank you ;)

fillmeup
06-30-2007, 06:46 PM
what do you do with a Mac?

deuce6000
06-30-2007, 06:48 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php It is the most powerful tool in the universe.

Skiz
06-30-2007, 10:01 PM
what do you do with a Mac?

Temporary fix for Mac OS X, it requires some work in the Terminal. You need the admin password for your system for this. Make sure to enter all commands in bold correctly with the proper spaces and capitalization.

1. Open "Terminal" from your Applications / Utilities directory.

2. Type cd /private/etc and hit enter.

3. Time to edit the hosts file, we will use VIM for it, which is a text editor for the console. You also need root privileges to edit the file because it is read only for normal users.
Type sudo vim hosts and hit enter. You will be asked for your admin password, enter it and hit enter, then VIM pops up.

4. You will see the content of the hosts file, first few lines are comments with # in the front, then 3 entries, do NOT touch these. Navigate to the last line with your cursor keys and then to the right till the cursor is behind the localhost entry

5. Now you need VIM to go into edit mode, do this by hitting i

6. VIM is in insert mode now, hit enter for a new line and type

If you want you can add the following lines too, in case you encounter trouble with IRC or the website. Hit enter after each line for a new one
85.17.40.71 oink.me.uk

7. Time to leave edit mode now, do so by hitting the escape key.

8. Back in viewing mode, now you need to save the file. You can do this by typing :w and hitting enter, VIM will tell you something like "hosts (number of lines) written".

9. Now you need to exit VIM. Type :q and hit enter, you will be back at the terminal.

10. Almost done, now you need to tell the OS to use the content of the new hosts file.
Type sudo niload -v -m hosts . < /etc/hosts and hit enter.
You will be asked for the admin password again, after that the hosts file will be parsed.

11. You're done, exit the terminal by typing exit and hit enter. Close the window.

Edit: To remove them again - follow the same steps, in step 6 delete the 3 added lines, then save the file, quit the editor. You can then either run step 10 or wait until your next reboot.