PDA

View Full Version : Secure Trackers

eriic
06-30-2007, 10:02 PM
What is in your opinion the tracker with most security? Motivate how and why

Also, I've heard a lot of people talking about some levels for trackers. Is there some kind of list? Where?

FireMan
06-30-2007, 10:12 PM
For safe me 100% do not exist, but trackers private is safer, everything depends on the existing applications of security in each one of them. List of trackers exists yes, but the section where it is not yet you have permission to visit.;)

Trackers most secure for me - TL/SCT/FTN/TD

:gunsmilie

eriic
06-30-2007, 10:17 PM
How do you get access to the list? :P

FireMan
06-30-2007, 10:26 PM
eriic you must be a member at FST for 1 Month.;)

BitTorrent invites section.

clubzz
06-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Personally i think FTN is one of the safest trackers out there.
Just because of the fact they have such a small userbase. So the chance of securityleaks are smaller, not impossible but just smaller.

RudeYute
06-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Except for the small userbase point made above, how can they protect themselves (and members?)

th0r
06-30-2007, 11:34 PM
no tracker is completely safe, but some are safer than others

V For Vendetta
07-01-2007, 01:07 AM
eriic
im Sure 100% that you is eric who banned in FST before
You have no place among us , go back to your torrent sites Like FTN , ScT i know its hard for you to Choose between them,i'd say one day @ FTN and 2 days @ ScT , ScT is better than FTN like you said in the Past , but now i think FTN is better than ScT after the Apology you offered to the FTN admins
and Lol , you acting as n00b
you are really Hypocritical

Diamonds4Ever
07-01-2007, 01:14 AM
i think the harder the site is to obtain, the more secure it is

Gish
07-01-2007, 03:12 AM

Well I just found out people have been getting letters from there ISP for downloading things off of TL. so TL is probably the least safe right now!

saulin
07-01-2007, 03:56 AM
Well I just found out people have been getting letters from there ISP for downloading things off of TL. so TL is probably the least safe right now!

Thank god I'm not an american. It's crazy how easy your ISP will give out your info to whoever requestst it too.

iNSOMNiA
07-01-2007, 03:52 PM
safe? from whom exaclty ?

nanajeebus
07-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Just because your ISP sent you an email doesn't mean they turned over your information to the RIAA/MPAA, it just means they were contacted by one of them telling them you were downloading illegal material. So the ISP sends you a letter telling you to knock it off because it doesn't want any shit from the RIAA.

saulin
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
LOL people get sued on the states for downloading a movie. So yeah the ISP does give your info out easily.

nanajeebus
07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
My point was that the initial "cease and desist" letter from you ISP doesn't mean they gave away your information.
Anyways, it's a mixed bag. Sometimes an ISP will give up information, other times, like with mine, it will send you a letter warning you that the RIAA is seeking your identity. And even if a lawsuit is filed sometimes the ISP will challenge the RIAA's right to subpoena customer information.
Also, you know lawsuits happen in other countries right?
google ftw
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS227US228&q=europe+file+sharing+lawsuits&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=file+sharing+lawsuits+asia&btnG=Search
(yes, I know those are continents, but this is quicker)

edit: *riaa, mpaa, antip2p lawsuit filing thing, whateveretc

silvertec
07-02-2007, 03:49 AM
if you get sent a letter from your isp means there is collection agency that monitor open trackers and bigger private trackers all they do is jump on a torrent and then record ip's then send letters to ips and then ips seen onto you
Its a bit of scare campaign
Collection Agency are contracted to help MPAA and RIAA

Patriot foreve
07-02-2007, 06:55 AM
What is in your opinion the tracker with most security? Motivate how and why

Also, I've heard a lot of people talking about some levels for trackers. Is there some kind of list? Where?

aren't you the FTN snitch who were kicked from here b4 :huh:?

nihility
07-02-2007, 07:13 AM
i believe there is a difference between eric and eriic, i see both usernames in sct irc

david091
07-02-2007, 08:19 AM
TL isn't that secure,not as secure as ScT or FTN.

KSA
07-02-2007, 08:21 AM
no tracker is completely safe, but from my experience i vote for the rabbit hole.

V For Vendetta
07-02-2007, 08:40 AM
i believe there is a difference between eric and eriic, i see both usernames in sct irc
eriic = eric @ IRC of ScT

myminpins
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM

I've been reading and reading and reading and I know I don't have access to the "sweet spot" yet but could someone please tell me what the acronyms stand for?

I know TL is Torrent Leech but the others???? Thank you :)