PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Slows Down Kazaa?

Dan Man
06-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Is it just me or has Kazaa slowed down since the proliferation of Bittorrent? I assume it's because everyone wants to boost their Uploads in Bittorrent so they cut their uploading in Kazaa and boost their PL with cheats.

yyiryyib
06-17-2003, 11:04 AM
no, none uses kazaa while their using Bt. beacuse its detremental to both downloading and uploading to use both

3RA1N1AC
06-17-2003, 12:08 PM
it's detrimental if you use the regular BT client with ADSL. without a throttle on BT's upload speed, it can choke your internet connection.

use the experimental BT client which includes a bandwidth throttle, and you can easily run it alongside kazaa.

Dan Man
06-17-2003, 12:23 PM
I suppose that if everyone is switching off Kazaa in favour of BT then it would slow Kazaa down. QED either way!

VB
06-17-2003, 01:03 PM
95% of all Kazaa users doesn't even know what BitTorrent is, so I don't think that is the problem.

clintonesque
06-17-2003, 02:44 PM
I have found that Bittorrent & kazaa compliment each other quite well.

*You can use bittorrent to share specific files with specific people, just upload a torrent & point to the website and tracker.

*Kazaa still is the top dog in my opinion, although a little slooow.

Katsuro
06-18-2003, 04:45 AM
Well i wouldnt probably use both at the same time anyway, since between the two theyd suck up every bit of bandwidth. Torrents are good for getting anime episodes in a hurry, but it doesnt really have a search capability to find anything you dont know is there already.

BitTorrent is ok, but kazaa is still better.