PDA

View Full Version : i am going to get seed box

Dead Ghost
07-13-2007, 10:22 PM
i need to know the best company ,the prices , how can i get it and how to setup it

i have a visa card can i use it :) or i must use paypal

shutdk
07-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Are you gonna trade your visa card?
Otherwise I can't see no reason for it to be here and not in the "Bittorent" section..
Was just wondering:P

Beenieman
07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
was about to say same thing lol.

Dead Ghost
07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Are you gonna trade your visa card?
Otherwise I can't see no reason for it to be here and not in the "Bittorent" section..
Was just wondering:P
gimme offers from level 9 and above :P

just kidding i need to know if i must use paypal or i can use visa ;)

was about to say same thing lol.
lol my credit card is level 100 :D

ElGatoo
07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
The best: Leaseweb, Softlayer and Vectoral.

Dead Ghost
07-13-2007, 10:48 PM
The best: Leaseweb, Softlayer and Vectoral.
thanks finally useful answer

ElGatoo
07-13-2007, 10:54 PM
maybe LayeredTech .. but it's expensive

Dead Ghost
07-13-2007, 10:58 PM
do u know how to setup it

KFlint
07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
To know everything about seedbox :

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-152272

To install all you need on a linux seedbox :

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620

To install multiple utorrent on a linux seedbox (if you want to share it with a friend) :

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-how-setup-multiple-utorrents-linux-server-202587

Think that with that, you'll be all good ;)

nikmash232
07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
one prob with KFlint's posts that installation guide is only on leeware servers...if u want help with any other company seedboxes then contact Buggyme he will help..hes a genius

Dead Ghost
07-14-2007, 12:27 AM
thanks guys many thanks

KFlint
07-14-2007, 12:28 AM
one prob with KFlint's posts that installation guide is only on leeware servers...if u want help with any other company seedboxes then contact Buggyme he will help..hes a genius

it works right out of the box for any fedora core linux man, i guess you don't know linux that much...

if you get debian linux, then that's a different story, but there is no reason to take this thing for a seedbox

For CentOS linux, then there is only one more step to do, install the mscorefonts rpm because you won't see any character in utorrent menus, i have this rpm for centos is someone needs help btw.

My advice : choose Fedora Core 6 Linux if you can, so easy to install, all the packages you need are right in the default yum repositories.

Hope this help!

direstraits
07-14-2007, 12:41 AM
i need to know the best company ,the prices , how can i get it and how to setup it

did skizo pm you warning you about your big signature?
sorry for the o-t

Dead Ghost
07-14-2007, 12:45 AM

sorry for the o-t
sorry removed it all :cool: and he didn't pm me

it works right out of the box for any fedora core linux man, i guess you don't know linux that much...

if you get debian linux, then that's a different story, but there is no reason to take this thing for a seedbox

For CentOS linux, then there is only one more step to do, install the mscorefonts rpm because you won't see any character in utorrent menus, i have this rpm for centos is someone needs help btw.

My advice : choose Fedora Core 6 Linux if you can, so easy to install, all the packages you need are right in the default yum repositories.

Hope this help!
i will take your advice man ;) u seems to have a lot of experience about these things

KFlint
07-14-2007, 12:49 AM
sorry for the o-t

Hope this help!
i will take your advice man ;) u seems to have a lot of experience about these things

i'm a computer engineer, it helps ;)

feel free to pm me if you need any help!

Dead Ghost
07-14-2007, 12:55 AM

Hope this help!

thanks man i will pm u if i need any help :lol:

maynard
07-14-2007, 02:30 AM
You will probably end up getting a box either with Fedora or Debian (i recommend this). If you do get one with Debian you can follow this guide http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620 to install utorrent but on line 10. you have to use this command instead apt-get install xterm wine tightvncserver :)

I'm also a computer engineer.. well i'll be, i'm on university studying for that :P

KFlint
07-14-2007, 03:08 AM
You will probably end up getting a box either with Fedora or Debian (i recommend this). If you do get one with Debian you can follow this guide http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620 to install utorrent but on line 10. you have to use this command instead apt-get install xterm wine tightvncserver :)

I'm also a computer engineer.. well i'll be, i'm on university studying for that :P

then, dear colleague, i suggest we start a new community : TorrentAddictedComputerEngineers.com :lol::lol: