PDA

View Full Version : How Many Do You Let Share At One Time?

pahknee
06-19-2003, 06:50 PM
[/B]I would like to be fair and let whoever wants to share take whatever files they want but if I let too many share at the one time my download speed suffers ( I know this). Where do you draw the line between sharing and getting reasonable speeds for getting files yourself?

I don't know whether I share many [B]compared to others but at present I am sharing 2194 files mostly mp3's. However, I have reduced the number of people who can share at any one time from unlimited to just a few.

My download speed has increased (in this country my broadband speed is not that fast and many sites are blocked that is one of the reasons I use Kazaa Lite).

How many do you allow at any one time?

llhyperdude
06-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm sharing a little over 100 files on a cable line. I usually let 4 people u/l at once...that way they can have bearable speeds (in my view anyway). I would share more files but I have limited hd space...last time I checked I had about 500mb of space left.

MetroStars
06-19-2003, 07:08 PM
i have 7 slots open i find i get good speed and so do the folks uploading from me..

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/metroavater%20lineup.jpg

Jonne
06-19-2003, 07:10 PM
i just have one slot, and i set it on unlimited. If you want a file bad, you'll stay in queue to get it, and you'll get it at a fast speed. It's the only way i can stay under the 10 GB transfer limit my ISP has set.

Paul_NFFC
06-20-2003, 09:36 AM
i have 3 slots open on my 600k broadband and 5 slots open on my 1mb connection at unlimited unless im downloading a movie then i limite it to 256

Some_Geezer
06-20-2003, 12:46 PM
I have 7 upload slots and the PC is running 24hrs a day.
I'm sharing three files :-

Matrix Reloaded
DareDevil
28 Days later

All slots are full always :D

Jonne
06-20-2003, 01:55 PM
well, thanks, some-geezer. Maybe I got '28 days later' partly from you. I'm sharing it too, right now...