PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom Line

Champ
06-19-2003, 07:27 PM
OK I have read as many tips on dls as i can find. I tried them all. The way i can get the fastest dls are this:

While you do this, have kazaa ignite running and set it for about every 10 seconds. (you can get it by searching on google)

Also, get TCP optimiser if you have broadband. (it doesnt make much difference on 56k modems)

1. Search for the file.
2. "search more" a few times until there is a bandwith above 3000 and over 15 sources.
3.Dl the two with the highest bandwith and user count.
4. click the "+" box next to the dl and look at your slowest sources; manually find more sources from them.
5. Cancel the slower dl and keep finding more sources manually for the slowest sources.

Using these steps it took 45 mins to dl a 342 mb file!!! was supposed to be hulk but was shrek... :(
I am averaging about 120kb/s or higher so its well worth it.

ubidoobi
06-20-2003, 05:46 PM
why are u even trying to get hulk.?? i dont think anyone from hollywood has bottlegged it so why try? oh and i did that but set my kazza iignite to 0 and i got aazing speeds!

IHATEFAKEFILES
06-20-2003, 07:10 PM
The Hulk has been out for a while. Look in Bittorret

Champ
06-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ubidoobi@20 June 2003 - 17:46
why are u even trying to get hulk.?? i dont think anyone from hollywood has bottlegged it so why try? oh and i did that but set my kazza iignite to 0 and i got aazing speeds!
i had heard that there were some real ones floating around so i decided to try my luck and just left my comp and told kazaa ignite to shut it down when the dl finished and when i went to watch it it was shrek... i guess they got the green monster part right :lol:

Josh33
06-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Sometimes i use speedup, sometimes i dont, in tha case i just keep right clicking and finding more users

The highest I have ever downloaded on kazaa lite was 380 kb/s, with like 14 users

It took me approx. 5 minutes to download a 130 mb file