PDA

View Full Version : How The Hell Do You Use Bittorrent

FrStyleKing
06-20-2003, 07:52 PM
I went to 3 different sites to download bittorrent, and every time its through all i see in my downloads folder is a bunch of files and folders, but none of them have to do with setting up or running bittorrent. maybe i dont really know what bittorrent is or what its supposed to do, i thought it would be a program similar to kazaa.

jjyank
06-20-2003, 07:54 PM
i think after u download it, its already installed

its not like kazaa, after u downlaod it u leave it alone

click a bit torrent link and it will come up and start downlaoding by itself

at least thats how i think it works

N£MO
06-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by FrStyleKing@20 June 2003 - 20:52
I went to 3 different sites to download bittorrent, and every time its through all i see in my downloads folder is a bunch of files and folders, but none of them have to do with setting up or running bittorrent. maybe i dont really know what bittorrent is or what its supposed to do, i thought it would be a program similar to kazaa.
There is a very useful BT guide here in 'filesharing-other p2p programs'.Go and check it out.

BT is very easy to use.

FrStyleKing
06-20-2003, 09:07 PM
I'm downloading a file from download paradise, and i noticed at the bottom of the page that it said you need a torrent cather or the files wont work. it said there was a link to get one but i clicked where it said and nothing was there. so what is a torrent catcher and where can i get one?

nate1005
06-20-2003, 10:21 PM
check this site out. You have to find the thing you wan't to dl online there is no search engine in bittorrent.

http://www.filesharingwatch.com/

Pitbul
06-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by FrStyleKing@20 June 2003 - 14:07
I'm downloading a file from download paradise, and i noticed at the bottom of the page that it said you need a torrent cather or the files wont work. it said there was a link to get one but i clicked where it said and nothing was there. so what is a torrent catcher and where can i get one?
dont use paradise its ok but not the best use Suprnova or bytemonsoon then go to a forum to see if its posted cuz paradise just links the torrent meaning u prolly wont get as much speed.