PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Problem

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 06:12 AM
i'm 91% done downloading something and i just got this error message.
Problem connecting to tracker - (10061, 'Connection Refused') Is this really an error or does it just mean something like there's not enough sources now or something?

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 06:39 AM
please help. its frustrating the hell out of me.

imported_Black.Ops
06-21-2003, 06:48 AM
the tracker aint working. just leave it on and itll work after a while.

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 02:17 PM
i left it over night and it never worked. 2 other file also stopped. said it couldnt connect to tracker or something. also, i was just downloading mvp baseball off download paradise yesterday, it was 91% done. now its not on the site anymore at all.... i'm getting so frustrated with this stuff cause i've tried everything and it seems to work for everyone else.

Rikachu
06-21-2003, 04:19 PM
yeh i know its a little frustrating...but sumtimes it can happen.

as black ops sez...jus leave it and it'll connect and ur file will continue to download.

i once left it whilst i was at work and it still didn't connect....but i got the file eventually. at the end of the day....bit torrent works very well about 90% of the time....if not more (=^_^=)

ugluk
06-21-2003, 06:10 PM
it means that either the tracker is having a temporary problem.
or, horror!, that the tracker went offline.

all you can do is wait.

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 07:24 PM
man, this sucks. i had about 6 files, and they always stop every single time. i've left them on and they just never restart. i'm starting to wonder if this really even works.

Salim
06-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Same problem with mafia. No seeders!

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 08:36 PM
ok, the file is done for mvp baseball, but when i look in the folders that it created (cd1 cd2) all i see are regular files, no iso's or anything. do i need to convert the files or something?

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 08:54 PM
please help, i've waited forever for this file. i just need to know if theres a way i can fix this or if i'm just wasting my time.

Xilo
06-21-2003, 08:56 PM
If there are a bunch of files in the cd folders, you need WinRAR to extract them to one file.

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 09:01 PM
you're a life saver. there will be a million dollars in your mailbox tomorrow.

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 09:28 PM
ok, now i've used winrar and winiso on the files. so now what? oh, and i saw 2 cue files. what do i do with those? btw, i'm planning on using daemon tools to run this program.

Xilo
06-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Ok, do you now have either 2 iso's or 2 bin and cue files? If you do, when you startup daemon tools, there will be a mount image option when you rightclick the icon in the taskbar. Then you just navigate to wherever the iso or cue file is and open it.

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 09:48 PM
ok, got it. you should get your check for a million dollars by monday. now all i need is a cd key. :)

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 11:04 PM
!@$#@$# I have another problem. I installed the game just fine and all, but now whenever I try and play it it sais please insert disc 2 and press ok. So i go to daemon tools, put the cd2 file in the right drive, and then press ok and it runs and gets to a screen with randy johnson on the front. but before the game starts, it sais please insert mvp baseball disc 2. if it accepted it the first time, why not the second time? I did put the cd 2 file in the virtual drive. The way i know it accepted it the first time is because it wont let you continue untill it detects the cd. Should I just try and use Nero?

FrStyleKing
06-22-2003, 01:38 PM
bump........

This may be my final problem.....I promise. :)

FrStyleKing
06-22-2003, 05:11 PM
please, i dont want to have to bump this anymore.

FrStyleKing
06-22-2003, 06:20 PM
last bump, then i'll just try on my own

bobalonius
06-22-2003, 06:29 PM
it may be loking for an original disc. have you applied a no cd crack yet? if not either look on the discs for a file labeled crack or look someplace like www.gamecopyworld.com for one.

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 04:09 AM
yes, i found a folder called crack and there was a file called crack inside of it. i found it when i explored the cd. so if its on the cd, shouldnt it work?

2nd gen noob
06-23-2003, 04:12 AM
have you fully installed the game or can't you get past the "insert cd2" screen?

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 04:21 AM
i got passed the insert cd 2 screen, and the whole games installed. whenever i try and play using daemon tools, i put the cd2 iso file in the drive it created, and it runs, and then asks me to insert cd 2. if it recognized the disc just a second ago, why wont it after the games startup screen pops up?? I've tried using the .cue file also. The whole problem is that it recognizes the cd when i first run the game, then like 3 seconds later it asks for the cd again, but if it cant recognize it how could it have started? I also have it burned on 2 cd's, those do the same thing. i downloaded another crack but i'm not exactly sure how to work cracks.

2nd gen noob
06-23-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by FrStyleKing@23 June 2003 - 05:21
i downloaded another crack but i'm not exactly sure how to work cracks.
ok, the crack you downloaded is probably in either a rar or zip archive. to use it, extract the archive using winrar or winzip (remember to scan the crack first, it may be a virus).
after you have extracted, there should be a file called "gamename here".exe

copy this exe file into the directory in which you installed the game.
you will be asked if you want to replace the current file, say yes.
then you should be able to play the game.

good luck

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 05:07 AM
i'm gonna uninstall it and try again, because i saw so many files tossed around my hd concerning mvp 2003 that i think i may have stuff all mixed up or something. because i cant figure out how everything installed correctly but wont play.

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 05:35 AM
THANKS SO MUCH MAN

i was so RETARDEDED :) the whole time i was trying to do all this stuff in my downloads folder where all my files were that i got off bittorrent, but i was so in a hurry that i failed to see the game was installed in program files, and thats where i should have been doing this stuff.....man i'm so embarassed. :)