PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk Sucks

Busyman
06-22-2003, 05:22 PM
It's unfortunate that this movie is sooooo boring. The fight scenes were excellent (especially the dogs) but DAMN it is so drawn out. I was watching this movie hoping that Eric Bana would just stay mad. Special effects were excellent. I know alot of folks have the workprint and still go to the movies.

Stay away from this movie!!!!!! :angry:

johnnytightlips2
06-22-2003, 05:34 PM
i think the hulk is great and i watched a tv show about the movie and ang lee said he tried to create a story driven movie with action not a action full movie. some times all action movies kind of gets boring after awhile like t2 and upcoming t3 but some of them are good.

MetroStars
06-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Iam only going of what i saw in the wrokprint...

But i luv this movie this is the best superhero movie i have seen in a while...

The fact that the story was drawn out was a good thing. It gets u more involved with charcters and how the Hulk is Developed - he not just a muscle bound monster he is the result of his father's crazyness - he is a creature with feeling and understanding...

I thought Ang Lee did a great Job of portraying this...

Ang Lee also wanted the Hulk 2 be naked when he tansformed but the movie board would not allow it...

Ang Lee did a much better job of the hulk than Sam Raimi's attempt at the Spider-Man movie

also all the characters gave an amzing performance especially Nick Nolte...

Ang Lee also made the smart descion to leave way for a Squeal...

I would recoomend u do go and see this movie cos i know i will - It is an amazing film with great performances from every 1 and great special effects 2 boot... oh and not forgetting a great story

TheFilePirater
06-22-2003, 06:57 PM
yea i have to admit, i saw it saturday and it was pretty boring, i didnt get the part of his dad :blink:

Busyman
06-22-2003, 07:21 PM
I like a story driven movie but you must INTERGRATE it well. You must find a good balance between all out action and story. Don't bore me. Don't slow down the action just to slow it down. Tell me something profound and worthwile. I have the biggest comics collection that I know of (could open a store) so I know good story and action. This was a horrible movie from an acting standpoint. It was too forced. Like everyone was TRYING to win an Academy Award.

A perfect example of a good comic book movie was Blade. Totally perfect flow and never boring. When showing a sensitive story element it didn't take 30 min to do so.

JaVnI
06-22-2003, 08:41 PM
SPAM

outonthepiss
06-22-2003, 09:01 PM
i thought i would have been on my own thinking that Hulk is a terrible movie. Watched it a few hours ago and i wanted to turn it off after an hour, takes so long drawing out the storyline which isn't anything like the original Incredible Hulk. That fight scene with the dogs i just wanted to piss myself at, mutant dogs ??? come on how fcukin cheesy is that!! and you guys say lee is goin for a storyline based action movie, there is no storyline. Absolutely terrible movie!

MetroStars
06-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Even though i luv this movie the mutant dogs were a stupid thing

ultimatejester
06-22-2003, 09:16 PM
i gotta agree with johnnytightlips2.

Busyman
06-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Story is very important I agree but a COMIC BOOK movie should not be Terms of Endearment. This movie goes in with:
The Punisher
Superman 4
Batman and Robin

People walked out of the theatre on The Hulk. I couldn't believe it. I know what Ang was thinking, "The Hulk is so mean and angry I want to show the sensitive side, the feeling, I just want show how the characters feel, just feel it, take it slow and ahhhhhh feeeel , then I let loose the action but first ....... let's feel."

AznRocky
06-23-2003, 12:31 AM
dude this was the best marvel movie i've seen!! well beside x-men (x-men #1)
THE HULK ROCKED!

Busyman
06-23-2003, 03:25 AM
It was good ....except when I wanted to fall asleep!!

CravenMoHead
06-23-2003, 05:20 AM
i don't know but ang lee did an excellent portrayal of the father/son relationship and i liked how it wasn't pure action. The action didn't stretch out long like reloaded which was a good movie but would have gotten a better review for me if it excluded the big orgy zion scene and extensive action.

i really liked stan lees cameo in this one, i only caught a glimpse of the other guy but im pretty sure it was lou feringo (the hulk from the tv shows) and if it was, it was genius. What was also awesome is the way ang lee made it feel like a comic book movie with all the split screen action.

yes hulk was boring at some times but overall i still think its a great movie.

my rating: 88/100

asmithz
06-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Another gay movie bummin off the fact that x-men hit it so well and i laugh at the new ones coming

Ma5t3rM1nD
06-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Well so far I have only seen the first part of the Workprint and so far I have rather quite enjoyed it. I had heard from so many people that it was a heaps boring movie and it took The Hulk a very long time to transform which it did (40 mins if not longer.) Butt he reason I think heaps of people didn't like is because they were expecting heaps of action from me viewing the first hour I can tell this isn't a full on action movie so they targeted it at the wrong audience and that's why so many people aren't liking it. But so far I have seen what I like and soon the second part will be done and I will give my 2 cents once I have watched it!

EnJoi
06-25-2003, 01:42 AM
it sucked

sonjablue
06-25-2003, 04:21 AM
Hey, I'm still wondering about that energy ball at the end... :blink:

Rip The Jacker
06-25-2003, 06:50 AM
I have to agree. The special effects were very very good&#33; But the rest was kinda boring.... <_<

RealitY
06-25-2003, 07:39 AM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

SUCKED.

Damnatory
06-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@25 June 2003 - 08:39
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

SUCKED.
It&#39;s all a matter of opinion...

Coming from a person that is not only a fan, but was an avid hulk comic reader, I thought the movie was great... :D I would say that they did a great thing, with the way they progress the movie through Picture in picture style frames as a comic would.. It was quite artsy..

HULK SMASH&#33;

-=Cyrus=-
06-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Just watched the workprint and I thought it looked really cool, I cant wait to see it in the cinema on a big screen with the finished FX :D . I will agree that it started of slow and the dogs were a stupid idea but I like it&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Hazzy Hazz
06-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Its entertaining

bakwas_internet
06-25-2003, 02:28 PM
the movie was kind of boring in middle sequences when they are just streching the transformation of hulk .....but if u have seen the ang lee&#39;s other movie crouching tiger hidden dragon then u will know that he makes his movie like that and develops his story like that ....thats why CTHD is not crideted as a chineses action flic like the movies of jet li or for that matter jackie chan also......that movie was a classic .....but as said before the hulk was boring and i didnt expected that kind of movie...