PDA

View Full Version : Please Help-can Anyone Recommend...

MusicChick
06-25-2003, 08:32 AM
I want to have my own website (sooner or later), and I need recommendations for a free webspace provider. I found a website that is a guide to free providers, but I would like a suggestion from someone who might personally know a good one. I want to have themes and skins, etc. on my site so I need it to be big enough. These are the features I'm looking for:

1. 100 mgs-preferably
2. Ftp upload and html editor supported
3. No or little ads (a few is ok)
4. My own domain address, maybe subdomain
5. Absolutely free with no catches
6. Will let me have programs with .exe or .zip extensions
7. Counter and Guestbook
8. Most importantly, won't delete my website, if it hasn't
had any hits in a certain amount of days.
9. Be a reliable webspace provider
10.And any other important features I might need

Can someone please help? :( I'd greatly appreciate it.

BawA
06-25-2003, 08:36 AM
can u tell me the web site which ur talking about it ^_^

MusicChick
06-25-2003, 08:50 AM
The website with free providers? www.freewebspace.net (http://www.freewebspace.net/). I've checked the reviews and none seem to be any good or what I need. :(

Lamsey
06-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Many ISPs include some webspace as part of your service. Try and see if you already own some webspace with your ISP.

Spindulik
06-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by MusicChick@25 June 2003 - 01:32
I want to have my own website (sooner or later), and I need recommendations for a free webspace provider. I found a website that is a guide to free providers, but I would like a suggestion from someone who might personally know a good one. I want to have themes and skins, etc. on my site so I need it to be big enough. These are the features I'm looking for:

1. 100 mgs-preferably
2. Ftp upload and html editor supported
3. No or little ads (a few is ok)
4. My own domain address, maybe subdomain
5. Absolutely free with no catches
6. Will let me have programs with .exe or .zip extensions
7. Counter and Guestbook
8. Most importantly, won't delete my website, if it hasn't
had any hits in a certain amount of days.
9. Be a reliable webspace provider
10.And any other important features I might need

Can someone please help? :( I'd greatly appreciate it.
What you are asking for does not exist.

My suggestion is YAHOO. They offer free personal web space, but with a few catches!

BUT, for about $11.00 a month, you can get your own domain name, email accounts, and web space at YAHOO. Currently, they are wavering the setup fee and no charge for the domain name. So hurry it lasts.

To see a real website that is hosted by YAHOO, and never even know it has anything to do with YAHOO, go to http://www.capicinc.com There is absoutely no ads, banners or popups. Yahoo does a very good job at hosting across the world. By the way, that website is partially mine. I designed it for my employer. He pays $11.00 for the Yahoo services. Of course there are more expensive Yahoo hosting packages which include more web space, bandwidth, extra email accounts, etc...