PDA

View Full Version : Burning To Vcd

AMON
06-25-2003, 03:55 PM
I've been using Nero to burn VCD movies from avi files and have had pretty good luck with it but occassionally I dl a movie that no matter how many times I try to burn it the damn thing gets out of sync at a particular spot depending on the movie. Is this due to the origional encoding of the avi? Is there a better program to burn or convert vcd's to avoid this problem?

I tried to find a post addressing this problem but couldn't find any so I apologize if this has been asked before.

Spindulik
06-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Here is what you need to do!

NEVER use the encoded audio file that is in the original AVI (wether it be DIVX, XVID or any other format). Your audio will be out of sync!

Here's what I do. I use VirtualDUB to extract the audio from the AVI. I save it as a WAV file that is NON-COMPRESSED. Usually end up at 1GB in size.

Then I use TMPGenc. I select the AVI (DIVX) movie and I use the new WAV that was extracted. Works perfect every time. Audio and video is synced perfectly.

If you ever come across a DIVX with an audio track that doesn't work in some players, then there is a chance it is coded with the AC3 codec, which needs to be extracted with virtualDUB as a WAV and renamed as an AC3, then converted into a WAV with a program called BESWEET (and a program called tooLAME.exe). Then use TMPGenc as described above.

Spindulik
06-25-2003, 04:59 PM
ALSO, did you know that TMPGenc can make those wide screen movies fit the full screen of a regular TV, without the squeezed look?

AMON
06-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Right on thanks for the info.

Btw where can I find VirtualDUB? Or should I just go to Kazaa and dl it?

vivitron 15
06-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Here's what I do. I use VirtualDUB to extract the audio from the AVI. I save it as a WAV file that is NON-COMPRESSED. Usually end up at 1GB in size.

OK, ive been burnin movies a bit now, but they usu end up out of sync...I tried this method a couple of times, but it didn't really work too well. Is it just clicking "File>Save Wav" and thats it, cos im sure the wav created isn't usu that big?? :huh:

AMON
06-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Yup just tried it myself and the wav file was only 18 mb. And the movie came out waaay out of sync. The origional file is actually in sync.

I didn't see a way to make it vcd format either..only mpeg.

vivitron 15
06-26-2003, 07:12 PM
you make it an mpeg then it is a VCD, once you burn it, if that makes sense :huh:
use TMPEG to make to mpeg, and then Nero to burn :)

AMON
06-26-2003, 07:43 PM
ahh ok that's what I was kinda thinking..although it doubles the files size (which I believe I can tweak in the settings)

I still haven't been able to get the audio to sync up unfornately.

vivitron 15
06-26-2003, 10:03 PM
hey Amon, I found this guide, think its where we're going wrong...Im gonna try it now and see http://www.dvdrhelp.com/virtualdubaudio.htm

let me know if it works etc. :)

kazaaliterock
06-26-2003, 11:07 PM
hey spindulik, how do u make ws movie fit the tv so it isnt all stretch out. i hate ws but also hate the way the movie stretch out if i change from ws to full screen using nero. plz tell me.

pmbuzz
06-27-2003, 12:54 AM
I'd like to point you to my post below.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...topic=45797&hl= (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=45797&hl=)