PDA

View Full Version : Lindows Rocks

BigTcronic
06-25-2003, 05:21 PM
:lol: http://images.lindows.com/closed/LindowsRock.html

Somebody1234
06-25-2003, 05:53 PM
Nice video! B)

And yes Lindows does rock. Have you ever tried to install it? Well If you did you would see that the whole OS get installed in about 3 minutes! :D Now that's quick!

TClite
06-25-2003, 11:13 PM
how much does lindows use of linux? i here red hat is the best copy of linux, but i couldnt sacrafice the gui of xp...would a move from xp to lindows be crazy? i might do a small partition to try it out

balamm*
06-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Still looks like KDE to me and software is gonna be a problem till (if) it gets going again.

Does it still go through all the linux crap about "mount the CD" -- "you do not have sufficient rights to mount the CD" (root doesn't have sufficient rights???) --
why couldn't it just have a play button like everything else in the world? mount is something animals do when they're.... well, that thing animals do.

Wolfmight
06-26-2003, 02:16 AM
does lindows support alot of software that runs on windows? Gonna try it out with Virtual PC. hehe 1 click installation.. i gatta see datz. How do u configure the software before it&#39;s installed&#33;?? u do it afterwards? < still take timeZ&#33; :lol:

balamm
06-27-2003, 01:58 AM
Grrrr at Lindows&#33;&#33; I just installed it in VPC 5.2 and there&#39;s no sound so every time I try to find a driver it takes me to a click and run page for hewlet packard print drivers. The Games are crap and again, it takes me to click and run and want&#39;s money. I registered for the free stuff and it says I don&#39;t exist when I log back in.
Now it says I have no sound devices installed. I can&#39;t figure out if I should install generic SB 16 drivers or the host AC/97 drivers.
And this stupid CD mount thing is still a pain&#33; My System driver disk won&#39;t run but I know for a fact it has linux drivers on it.
ARRRGGGGGG&#33;&#33;&#33;
Mandrake still beats the hell out of this thing.

ShockAndAwe^i^
06-27-2003, 02:15 AM
:lol:
Because there complete idiots&#33;
Linux/Lindows or whatever tries to go so far out of the way not to be like Windows that even very very simple things are difficult.
That&#39;s Linux/Lindows in a nutshell.

Mount... :lol: :lol:

Wolfmight
06-27-2003, 02:31 AM
Lindows is for newbies.

shn
06-30-2003, 07:10 AM
Lindows sucks ass. And any pillar in the opensource community will tell you that lindows is not even considered a valid linux distribution.

Lindows software users can go to hell....................better yet, go back to windows...............l :lol:

shn
06-30-2003, 07:15 AM
:)

balamm
06-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Maybe instead of making numerous personal remarks, you could explain , respectfully, the process of configuring the CD player to allow access for a user.
And if possible, why in some linux systems root would be denied access to a CD ?

Dapadipz
06-30-2003, 03:48 PM
hehe that song on the flash video is hilarious :lol: :lol:

nostalgia
06-30-2003, 07:34 PM
"How low can prices go?" Well at least &#036;89 :lol:

Wolfmight
06-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Lindows Much Faster, but how come u have to download all the software that u want to use with it? Better not use Lindows unless you have broadband <_<

shn
06-30-2003, 10:34 PM
:)

4play
06-30-2003, 10:45 PM
but why if root is the all powerful almight god of the linux world would you need to change the attributes to allow everyone access to it ;)

note : thread hijacked :rolleyes:

ShockAndAwe^i^
06-30-2003, 11:13 PM
Your a complete idiot if you put lindows and linux in the same category
Mmmmm.

Do you actually think linux distros try to be like windows?

Nope.
Never said it either.
Really, you should learn to read first before you try to respond to someone&#39;s written words. <_<

I think people like you should be banned or at the very least warned&#33;
It makes the board quite an unpleasent place to be.

mount /dev/cdrom

unmount /dev/cdrom

Now here is the thing, you shouldnt be using a distribution that is not user friendly if you dont know much about linux. I would suggest however that you choose a kde desktop enviorment because it has a autorun or automount utility that mounts the cd rom as soon as you put it in the drive.

If your root and your denied access to your cd-rom device or floppy. Then you ned to chmod 777 the cd-rom. go to the "/" directory and find /dev/ then in /dev/ which stands for devices like hard drives cd drives etc. find cdrom or floppy, and chmod 777 /dev/cdrom/ now if your not at a terminal doing that then you can just rigt click and allow the read and right access, and execute if you plan on running any type of binary or shell script from the cdrom or floppy device. Its really just that simple.

Look at all that crap&#33;
Who in there right mind would choose a KDE enviroment over windows?

shn
07-01-2003, 03:47 AM
;)

shn
07-01-2003, 03:51 AM
;)

balamm
07-01-2003, 04:02 AM
Point in case making ( ? ) a prime example.

Should I close this?