PDA

View Full Version : Installing My New Gfx Card, Help

bronco
06-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Ok guys n gals heres the deal :)

Following on from my other thread "Best Tv-out Card To Purchase?" i have just
bought and today recieved a Radeon all-in-wonder ve(PCI)

Now, being a bit stupid n all :D im not too sure if i have the correct cables to hookit up to my Tv etc

Heres a very non tech description of what i gotin the box:

1x 'purple' Ati cable

1x 'other'> it has 1 yellow female connector, 1 headphone type connector, all others are female connectors!

Sorry for the cr@p descriptons.

Now i want to hook it up to my Tv which doesnt have a s-vhs socket.
It has 1 scart socket, and 3 front input sockets (yellow/white/headphone)

So what cable/s do i need to sort this out ( a S-video to SCART adaptor perhaps?)

Oh btw ive not even started to physically install it yet :lol:

ObiWan
06-25-2003, 08:24 PM
yellow- s-out to yellow on TV and headphone audio out to TV

bronco
06-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Bump :D

Right guys whos in a helpful mood :D

Ive installed it to my pc now but and i rebooted etc, checked Device manager
to see if it was listed, and it was :) BUT my onboard gfx card is still
listed aswell beneath it :angry:

So i think i have a small problem here.

What i would like to know is how do i get to use my new all-in-wonder card and NOT the crappy onboard card ( which i think its still using)

Pleaseeeeee help us get it working>

Lamsey
06-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Go into your BIOS and search for an option to disable the onboard video.

To enter BIOS, reboot your PC and hit F1 (or Del or whatever) when it tells you "press <this key> to enter setup".

And plug in the monitor cable to the video card :rolleyes:

bronco
06-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@28 June 2003 - 10:32
Go into your BIOS and search for an option to disable the onboard video.

To enter BIOS, reboot your PC and hit F1 (or Del or whatever) when it tells you "press <this key> to enter setup".

And plug in the monitor cable to the video card :rolleyes:
Ok done all that ( and plugged my monitor cable in :rolleyes: )

I disabled the onboard card rebooted and windows comes up and says found new hardware and INSTALLS it again&#33; WTF :angry:

Another thing, ive now managed to get my desktop (no icons tho) onto my tv but i dont have any other Radeon all in wonder features like capture/ tv on pc etc working.

It does say this in device manager tho:

ATI WDM Rage Theater Video(microsoft)---&#62;"This device cannot start (code10)"

Also the same for ATI WDM Rage Audio(microsoft)

Dont know if that helps at all&#33;

3RA1N1AC
06-28-2003, 12:47 PM
there&#39;s an additional set of drivers for capturing.

you should install all three of the drivers from this page--
http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html

as well as "DAO/MDAC Component Package" and "ATI Multimedia Center 8.5.0.0 bundle" from this page--
http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonopt-xp.html

the control panel driver is essential for fine-tuning the display on both your monitor and television (and setting the television as "secondary display" & enabling theater mode ((it&#39;ll be the "clone mode" button under the "overlays" tab)), which is the most convenient arrangement for viewing movie files on the tv). the multimedia center programs will be mostly crap and you&#39;ll prolly not want to use them, but you should install that anyway as i believe it installs some components necessary for capturing.

once that&#39;s all working, i&#39;d recommend getting hold of either a program called WinDVR or another called PowerVCR to view and capture television.

bronco
06-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@28 June 2003 - 12:47
there&#39;s an additional set of drivers for capturing.

you should install all three of the drivers from this page--
http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html

as well as "DAO/MDAC Component Package" and "ATI Multimedia Center 8.5.0.0 bundle" from this page--
http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonopt-xp.html

the control panel driver is essential for fine-tuning the display on both your monitor and television (and setting the television as "secondary display" & enabling theater mode, which is the most convenient arrangement for viewing movie files on the tv).&nbsp; the multimedia center programs will be mostly crap and you&#39;ll prolly not want to use them, but you should install that anyway as i believe it installs some components necessary for capturing.

once that&#39;s all working, i&#39;d recommend getting hold of either a program called WinDVR or another called PowerVCR to view and capture television.
Thanks 3RA1N1AC very helpful that is :)

Having a look now :)

bronco
06-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Ok i d/loaded all the files but i cant do nowt :angry:

No tv tuner, no capture no nothing&#33;&#33;

The only thing that this cards giving me at the mo is a big headache and tv-out&#33;

ATI Multimedia Center wont open anything when i click on Tv/Video cd etc :(

Rudeshadow
06-28-2003, 07:16 PM
are you running winXP? then you gotta d/l the XP version of the multimedia center. search on ati&#39;s page to find it. it should be aroung 8 megs

bronco
06-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Rudeshadow@28 June 2003 - 19:16
are you running winXP? then you gotta d/l the XP version of the multimedia center. search on ati&#39;s page to find it. it should be aroung 8 megs
Yeah i am, isnt the link 3RA1N1AC gave me for xp?

Didnt notice tbh just d/loaded it anyway :rolleyes:

Going out on the town so i&#39;ll try it later when im sober...yeah right :D

3RA1N1AC
06-29-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by bronco@28 June 2003 - 11:24
Yeah i am, isnt the link 3RA1N1AC gave me for xp?
of course. not sure what inspired RudeShadow&#39;s comment at all...

bronco
06-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Ok ive finally managed to install all the software for my all-in-wonder card
but i cant get the tv tuner to tune any channels in :(

My aeriel lead is plugged in to it but when i scan for channels, it says channels not found.

Dont no what else to do.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

bronco
06-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Ok i take it nobody knows how i get these tund in :(

Is there a ATI forum anywhere so i could ask there?

Lamsey
06-30-2003, 12:29 PM
http://www.bjorn3d.com/ubbthreads/postlist...?Cat=&Board=ATI (http://www.bjorn3d.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ATI)

bronco
06-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 June 2003 - 12:29
http://www.bjorn3d.com/ubbthreads/postlist...?Cat=&Board=ATI (http://www.bjorn3d.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ATI)
Cheers Lamsey, i&#39;ll give up after ive tried there, i promise :D

3RA1N1AC
07-01-2003, 04:38 AM
sorry, bronco, i don&#39;t have any experience using the ATI tuner card to receive from an aerial/antenna. got cable here, so i screw the cord in and it just goes.

the problem may lie with your choice of television capturing program, so if one doesn&#39;t work, you might need to settle for a different one. and make sure you&#39;ve thoroughly checked the aerial connection and the program&#39;s setup options, of course, just in case you&#39;ve overlooked anything.

Evil Gemini
07-01-2003, 09:01 AM
tuner capture cards are a pain in the ass to get the aerial working on them. I think they dont really tune in properly because from all the gadgets and shit in the pc

(Not sure this is correct)

The way i watch tv on my capture card is i connect my VCR to my capture card and connect the aerial in the VCR and it works perfect and plus you can watch your videos.

My Capture card is a Winfast 2000.

bronco
07-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Just thought i&#39;d let you know, i&#39;m knocking this on the head now.

I must have tried every possible connection from neattairoski thru the video to direct
aerial, to others but it&#39;s no good.

Re-installed it about 5 times now but nothing, changed the PCI slot to another and ohh let me think NOTHINg :angry: :angry:

E-mailed Ati about, absolute jokers, i&#39;d already done what they said do ( which was to
read their bloody website basically)

Anyway i&#39;m about to send it back to dabs.com as the only thing i can think of is that
it&#39;s a faulty aerial connection in the card itself (btw ive tried 3 Tv&#39;s on it, using
3 different aerial leads, so it aint my aerial thats the prob)

Could anyone if possible give me a quick rundown on my rights, regards returning it?

It wouldnt mind a replacement, if it meant it ALL worked ok

Had it for under a week ;)

Thanks 3RA1N1AC/neattairoski for taking the effort in trying to help, appreciate it guys :)

Feel better now i got that of my chest :D :)