PDA

View Full Version : Posting A Verified

Ynhockey
06-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Well, not sure that it belongs in Filesharing, and not sure if i have the right to post this 'cause i'm not a mod/admin, but still, i've been waiting for a while to say this...

WHEN YOU POST A VERIFIED, VERIFY IT FIRST!
Otherwise, you're posting an oxymoron (non-verified verified) instead of a verified.

Also, many people don't understand the responsibility of posting a verified. IMHO, that is by far the main reason why eDonkey has gone so far in hashing while FastTrack is only beginning.

So, here are some basic rules for posting a vefiried hash as a new topic:
1) You have to have this file on your computer, just knowing that it's real is not enough
2) The file must be exactly what you say it is
3) The file(s) you posted as verified should be on top of your uploads in KLite. If they aren't, unshare any files that are commonly uploaded except ones you posted as verifieds for at least a week, so that people can download what you offer in the forum.
4) Do not post verifieds to things that are freely available on websites (like freeware, legal shareware, etc.) instead, you can just link to the site
5) Your hashes must be either quicklinks or full form (as is understood by Sig2Dat/KSig), so if you post a quicklink, don't forget the DOHTML tag.
6) You must take full responsibility of the files you're posting, so, if someone says it doesn't work, you do your best to help them.

Rules 1, 3, 4 do not apply to posting hashes when answering REQUESTS.

Some people simply don't realize that in order for this system to be successful (people post hashes on a forum for others to download), the community which you're posting the hashes for must be able to download the file. That is exactly why some sites are successful.

My 2 cents.

Acecool
06-26-2003, 06:32 PM
ONLY POST VERIFIES IN THE VERIFIES SECTION.

ttiimm321
06-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi
You have caught my attention eg: hashes Its the first i've heard about them,I use kazzaa lite,If you dont mind could you briefly explain how i download (verified hashes) (do i use sig2dat?)Just basic's I'll work out rest. I'd be dead greatful.
Cheers mate
Tim
PS hope i'm not being a pain in :x

Ynhockey
07-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Usually the hashes here are quicklinks so you just click the links and if you're on Internet Explorer or the like, Kazaa Lite will automatically start downloading the file (unless you have an older version of Sig2dat/KSig and K++, in which case you'll have to restart KLite). If you don't have KLite on then the file will start as soon as you launch KLite.

If the hash isn't a quicklink, then you go to sig2dat, copy the entire hash (with the words File, Size, etc.) and select 'paste from clipboard' in sig2dat.

Good luck! :)

djflypson
07-08-2003, 05:36 PM
hi

i posted 2 hashes, (as you can see in verified hashes - the ones with blue-icon-?), but i would like some help :unsure:

- why it appears as 1 long line, instead of 3 under eachother ?
- i have to use copy quicklink simple or hybrid hyperlink ?
- difference quicklink/hash ?
- is it ok in 128kb/s ?
- can i put mixes ?

- and somebody likes drum n bass here ? :(

thx all you forumknights! ;)

djflypson
07-08-2003, 05:56 PM
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:red'>sorry to post it on a pinned, especially as i should ask it in the musicworld ... :unsure: </span></span></span>

fkdup74
08-09-2005, 02:42 PM
- why it appears as 1 long line, instead of 3 under eachother ?
- i have to use copy quicklink simple or hybrid hyperlink ?
- difference quicklink/hash ?

haven't used klite in years, so I can't recall the exact process,
there used to be a guide here made by one of the founding members,
feck knows what happened to it :unsure:

but.....
if you go into your chosen verifieds section, in this case music verifieds,
hit 'new post' and there's some hints there ;)
something about
"Hyperlink:"

and if that doesn't help....
play around in the main verifieds section with a new post,
but don't post it, use the 'preview post' button,
to see if your hashing is correct
when you get the right hash,
go try it in the auto script page in the section you wanna post it in

Rick Phlegm
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
That's helpful. I'm sure he's been sweating over that problem for the past 2 years.

fkdup74
08-10-2005, 12:30 AM
That's helpful. I'm sure he's been sweating over that problem for the past 2 years.

oh shit
thought it said 07-08-2005 :slap:

I don't know why :unsure: