PDA

View Full Version : Real Media Files(.rm)

ShockAndAwe^i^
06-27-2003, 05:30 AM
:D
I was wondering if there was any way to convert Real Player Files(.rm) to another format?
Is it possible?

balamm
06-27-2003, 05:41 AM
There's a thread a few pages back that ha a solution I think. I've tried windows media encoder and nero wave editor but the only real media files I have right now are .ram so they don't convert. They might do .rm though ?

Wolfmight
06-27-2003, 03:45 PM
someone needs to make a program that can do it all....
Convert to realmovie/video, quicktime movie/video, mpeg, avi, etc.

EsssBee
06-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@27 June 2003 - 15:45
Eo Video does exactly that. it will convert any format you throw at it into any other format. as well as joining clips and a few other nice little tricks

shn
06-29-2003, 09:12 PM
the only product out there that has been known to do this properly is "tinra". Its a command line encoder and it coverts real media files to avi, whether they be .rm or .ram files. They also have a tinra gui for people who dont like the command line version. However tinra is very hard to find as most of the links are outdated. Just do a search on google. And if you cant find it then send me a pm and Ill let you download it from me. It really comes in handy when Im using that streambox vcr suite to download streaming media and the files are in .rm format. It sucks because only real player can play them. But tthen I just use tinra and watch them in divx player.

super_science_monkey
06-30-2003, 12:30 AM
dosent tmpegec have a .rm, .ram patch?

ultimatejester
06-30-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by EsssBee+28 June 2003 - 09:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EsssBee @ 28 June 2003 - 09:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@27 June 2003 - 15:45
Eo Video does exactly that. it will convert any format you throw at it into any other format. as well as joining clips and a few other nice little tricks [/b][/quote]
thks man. i was looking 4 something that would convert all my .rm files

ShockAndAwe^i^
06-30-2003, 08:20 AM
I&#39;ll give them both a try.
I will do a search for Tinra and will hold you to that dl (shn) if I don&#39;t find it. :P
Is Eo video hard to find?

UPDATE
Did a google search and found it right away.
I&#39;m about to install.
It seems you have to dl tinra 0.5 to have the gui work and then dl the gui seperately.
Both are Here (http://www.divx-digest.com/software/tinra.html)

Wolfmight
06-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ultimatejester+29 June 2003 - 19:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ultimatejester @ 29 June 2003 - 19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EsssBee@28 June 2003 - 09:54
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@27 June 2003 - 15:45
Eo Video does exactly that. it will convert any format you throw at it into any other format. as well as joining clips and a few other nice little tricks
thks man. i was looking 4 something that would convert all my .rm files [/b][/quote]
sweet

ShockAndAwe^i^
06-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Ok :D
I dl&#39;ed tinra.exe, tinra gui.exe and stable .exe all of which you need to make it work properly.
It worked but the audio doesn&#39;t match the video.
It&#39;s way off as a matter of fact.
Does anyone know how to fix this or if I&#39;m doing something wrong?
Surely there must be an adjustment or something?