PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Is Old News

andy257
06-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi Guys

Just thought i would post a little message about how crap kazaa is turning into. The majority of new material these days cannot be sourced on kazaa. I am sure everyone has come across the dreaded ''NEED MORE SOURCES'' at sometime or other. Am i the only one it annoys. Kazaa is gonna need a dramtic turn around or it will be left behind like napster and other.

bittorent and irc seem the only way forward for file sharing these days

just my opinion i am sure some of you will disagree

cheers

andy

Colt Seevers
06-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by andy257@27 June 2003 - 14:21
Kazaa is gonna need a dramtic turn around or it will be left behind like napster and other.

It&#39;s sh1t Andy let&#39;s not kid ourselves, it had it&#39;s day, it&#39;s just those 4 million users of Kazaa have yet to realise this. <_<

Now I use a mixture of irc, BT, soulseek and emule..although I havn&#39;t been on soulseek latley, but it&#39;s always nice to have an alternative. Yes I know emule is slow, (or just plain unworkable for some folk) but reliable..at least for me&#33; ;)

Kazaa does serve a purpose, it&#39;s &#39;usually&#39; the first P2P app that most people who are novices to all this P2P malarky try, and due to it&#39;s popularity, it&#39;s now snowballing, hence the massive user base...

It was cos I was trying to get CD images from kazaa (back in the day) before I realised what a complete load of pants it really was, it&#39;s mincing error correction is only good for MP3&#39;s and movies, and even then it&#39;s a bit suspect. :angry:

Trying to download .BIN files was near impossible or takes 5 times as long as I had to keep downloading the same file again and again...till I get one thats relativley error free. Well screw that&#33;

I think BT or some similar app is the future of filesharing, although BT sites seem to get hammered (dos attacks) very frequently, as the RIAA and their band of gypos start using underhand tactics, to knock sites like suprnova off line.

Anyway, I digress...just to say I was in complete agreement with you, as I&#39;m sure there are a few members of this board who no longer use Kazaa at all.

Peace

C :ph34r: S

chalkmongoose
06-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Kazaa Lite had its day, and now its slowly dying. I am in a raging argument with several people over on the file sharing board who&#39;d love to have my head for saying so, but the simple fact is that Fast Track from the beginning didn&#39;t work too well, and now that the RIAA is scaring off users, the death knell is approaching.

kAb
06-29-2003, 01:45 AM
well the RIAA is going to sue "thousands" of users :rolleyes:

so i&#39;m getting familiar w/ es5.

of course kazaa is going to tank, all great things do.

(well it wasn&#39;t so great, but the idea was there)

RealitY
06-29-2003, 02:43 AM
There are 3 links in my sig below that say the same.
I loved you long time, but...
KaZaa Farewell.

ugluk
06-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Kazaa Is Old News, bittornet and irc are the new daddies

ok for bittorrent, its new, but IRC?? :lol: :lol: thats not new...

Jibbler
06-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ugluk@29 June 2003 - 07:47

Kazaa Is Old News, bittornet and irc are the new daddies

ok for bittorrent, its new, but IRC?? :lol: :lol: thats not new...
Agreed. IRC is for old school traders. Its not even a filesharing program, just a community of chatters who share files. :)

Darkshade
06-29-2003, 05:47 PM
I certainly hope Kazaa-lite doesn&#39;t tank. :blink: For my computer, it&#39;s the fastest file-sharing program I have. Even bittorrent is slow as dirt on my machine. Too bad RIAA is running everyone off.

Longdong
06-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Darkshade@29 June 2003 - 18:47
I certainly hope Kazaa-lite doesn&#39;t tank. :blink: For my computer, it&#39;s the fastest file-sharing program I have. Even bittorrent is slow as dirt on my machine. Too bad RIAA is running everyone off.
You should try the original method of filesharing --&#62; Newsgroups

I get a CONSTANT 74Kbs (Max speed) for the duration of the download.

kazaaliterock
06-29-2003, 09:48 PM
andi where u get ur avitar/video thing under ur name from.

infamousalbo101
06-29-2003, 10:34 PM
what the hell is a newsgroup and where can i go to to get one

slick nick
06-29-2003, 11:37 PM
likie irc but no queues. good for albums not necessasrily movies though. do a google search for more info but you can access them through windows outlook express but there are better programs to use to download stuff off them with.

ISthisLEGAL.com
06-30-2003, 09:08 AM
Now its time to see who has balls and whos just a wimp&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; your all going to let the riaa run you out of kazaa???? why dont you just use the patch to hide your shared files if your that scared, its all scare tactics anyway.

kazaa is still the best for me.

Longdong
07-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@30 June 2003 - 10:08
Now its time to see who has balls and whos just a wimp&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; your all going to let the riaa run you out of kazaa???? why dont you just use the patch to hide your shared files if your that scared, its all scare tactics anyway.

kazaa is still the best for me.

Who you calling a wimp?

Recently the speeds on kazaa are BOLLOCKS. Why would i want to attemt to download a movie at a wopping 1KB/s when i can get constant maximum speeds else where?

Fast track is going down, i have simply left before it crashes.

@Slick nick --&#62; Newsgroups are one of the best for new releases alongside IRC, but you are right its bunk for older films unless someone answers a request.

Outlook Express cannot be used because it cannot decode the messages. I use a program called GrabIt. Its completely free and easy to use.

DVD PIRATE III
07-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@29 June 2003 - 02:43
KaZaa Farewell.
youve been sayiong it for so long but ya still here...wot gives? u dont like it fukk off...how easy does it get?

<_< <_< <_< <_<

and while your at it take longdong wif ya...irc is crap and will go through the same shit as kazaa, we&#39;l see whose standing when the dust settles

RealitY
07-03-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III+3 July 2003 - 00:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DVD PIRATE III @ 3 July 2003 - 00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@29 June 2003 - 02:43
KaZaa Farewell.
youve been sayiong it for so long but ya still here...wot gives? u dont like it fukk off...how easy does it get? [/b][/quote]
Fukk u to Genus Boy, can I call u SUNNY.

The fact that I&#39;m still here RETARD is that I like this forum, though I have little to say for KaZaa, bubble head.