PDA

View Full Version : ftn? (some thoughts as well)

enviouz
08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
hello fellow fst'ers. so ive been around here for awhile now (not extremly long though). ive worked my way up from the likes of tl and td to kg and iplay even up to sct. all because of very generous people (thankx to all of you you know who you are) as i refuse to trade. all the while learning alot not only about starting at the bottom and working your way up as well as how torrents and trackers actually work but also about myself and how people should be treated. ive even came to realize that there are quite a few giving people left in the world something i though was scarce. however ive become more into the community aspect of this although i do still seed and leech like always its not just about all of that anymore. now i know its a VERY long shot but i was just kinda hoping some kind soul out there might be willing to take a chance on me and invite me to ftn. i know these invites dont grow on trees and are very hard to obtain just from reading posts in the forums. i also realize that most expect something in return by way of a trade. which by the way i might add is totally wrong and disrespectful to the sysops (not only ftn ops but every trackers ops) as its a direct violation of the rules and should be seen as i direct act of disobedience and rebelian of the worst kind. although yes you have had to work for your invites by uploading moving through the user levels and keeping a good ratio the op still didnt as you to "trade" or "pay" for them in exchange. long story short invites were free to you and should always be given free. well anyways to end this rant or whatever it may be seen as like i said earlier im just hoping some kind soul would be willing to "give" me an invite to this great site. i hear it has the best community of any tracker in existance. has great forums which is something im big on. yea i seed and leech just like anybody else but its not all about that. i enjoy interacting with the other users. getting there views on things. and even having a debate from time to time. i dont want it to say "hey i have ftn". "i have the best site". "haha you dont". that would just be egotistical. or to trade because as im sure all that know me have gathered by now im not a trader and am against it. and all though that do have it for the above noted reasons should be ashamed of yourselves. is there a reason why you should give it to me over somebody else? no not really because im no better than anyone else is. do i think i will end up with it? well honestly i don't know but i can at least hope. well anyways thankx to all those that have checked out my topic and hopefully i havent offended anyone i just have my views on things just like anyone else does. thankx for reading

cheers :)

p.s. as it says in my sig any pm or replies offering trades will be ignored. I DO NOT TRADE!!!!!

rocknrule
08-08-2007, 12:17 PM
If you aren't a trcker collector as you said, you might well get a Scc.

SiNa
08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
you writing a story man? lol

SgtMajor
08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Invites are free, yes, but then they should be given to friends, good friends at that, not some random guy posting on a internet forum hoping to get lucky with a long shot and whom I will never meet in my lifetime.

2 complimentary tickets to a sporting venue are also free, doesn't mean I just wander into any old public house and randomly give them out.

Sometimes we are lucky in life, but no-one on this forum will give you what you desire just for nothing, just for reading your post, excepting the sysop himself, which I'm guessing that is who your post is aimed at.

I, like you, hope he does read it and does respond in the positive, it is after all an Invite Forum, not just an Invite Trading Forum, and it is one of the more long winded requests I've seen for a while and we get what we deserve in life, and if you deserve FTN, then it will arrive, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but patience is a virtue and just hang on in there.

There is of course always the irc chans.

hangemhigh
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
this novel should have been sent via pm to fellow nontraders -
just a thought

Necronomicon
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Good Lord. I fought through it myself. What does he hope? Then people start running one after the other recommending FTN - invites, like crazy? Wake up, please. Boy, be realistic. Real life doesn't work like that. U gotta fight for it, and as forementioned, aside from stamina U surely gonna need a large amount of luck.

SiNa
08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
i dont know why everyone shouldnt get free invites to any site. at least the ones that have been waiting for it and that knows how to deal with torrents and keeping a good ratio and also that really needs it. Using a lot of your time, and being in front of the computer just to find someone kind to give out free invites, is not right i think. We already have problems in the real world, and now this gets added?

bblogs
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Although you sound like you'd treat a free FTN invite well.....I'm afraid they just aren't handed out to members enough (even after reaching "FTN power") to give out free invites :(

fstrulz
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
There should be a sticky called... "FTN Episodes"

:D

seppypom
08-08-2007, 01:27 PM
I see no reason that anyone should not ask for an invite. And state why.

While the post was a bit hard to read, He has been on the site a respectable amount of time, and made quite a few posts.

Its a far cry from the day 31 members with 1 post asking for both FTN & SCT saying "I NEED".

If i had a FTN invite, i would consider giving it to him.

stroj
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Read just first 3 lines, but it wasnt good for my eyes :S I believe if u replaced ur wall of text with 3 words, ur chances are still the same - poor.
Anyway, gl. If u dont know the right ppl, you gotta 'FIGHT' ur way tho.

trikster
08-08-2007, 01:37 PM
at least the ones that have been waiting for it and that knows how to deal with torrents and keeping a good ratio and also that really needs it.
and how can you tell that without knowing a person well?
me dislikes trading too, but i'm a realist and i do believe that everyone gets what he/she deservs. invites are free but only to trusted people :yup:

greken24
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
if you arent a trader and dont like traders so wt* r u doin in da invite section.. if someone should give sometin for free then mostly r from traders giveaways and shit..

dont dismiss traders cuz you should read 2 of your rep points and then you can say im talking bullsh*t.

im so pissed of some guys like you that cant get an invite and instead writes a damn story to show that you r a nice antitrader guy so the mods can give that for free.. just f*ck it

kallieb
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
I mentioned this in another post, where the member was asking how to get a leg up.

To all those who post here about how inappropriate it is to just *ask* for a high level tracker to be *given* please turn your attention to that post.

I agree with the poster above (Seppypom). Why should a person not ask. Why can't there be that opportunity for someone who can and will be a strong member of a community.

I say, more power to you enviouz. Good luck and keep trying.

oh....and in case some folks don't bother looking for that post I mentioned right at the start, the poster (who used their first post to ask for a high level tracker invite), did receive the invite directly from the sysop.

As Ive said before, this board has two very distinct *camps* so to speak. Those who get what they want through that stready pace of trading, and those who get it through giving and receiving. Both means create a successfull outcome. But personally I prefer the latter - but that is just my belief, and how I will manage myself when the time comes for me to have invites to giveaway.

enviouz
08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
if you arent a trader and dont like traders so wt* r u doin in da invite section.. if someone should give sometin for free then mostly r from traders giveaways and shit..

dont dismiss traders cuz you should read 2 of your rep points and then you can say im talking bullsh*t.

im so pissed of some guys like you that cant get an invite and instead writes a damn story to show that you r a nice antitrader guy so the mods can give that for free.. just f*ck it

first that was almost 6 months ago (havent traded since) the one from GaleaNatur (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/-156935) i have no clue where that came from as ive only ever done one successful trade and that was with redmonster. ive gotten screwed way too many times and have since become friends with several members here who have changed my perspective on invites and trading hence my anti trading stance. however i have recieved invite from an EXTREMELY generous user. and no it wasnt a mod or op. if i was gonna beg for a invite i wouldve just sent brandon a pm instead of writing what i did. thankx to those that had kind words. and to those with not so kind works or thought i was in the wrong for posting well thats you opinion and you are free to voice it as much as anyone else is. i cant falt you for that. and a HUGE thankx to daveed (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/-157465) :)

seanearley1705
08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Your keyboard has comma, shift and return keys for a reason. People might actually read your posts if you use them.

seppypom
08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
if you arent a trader and dont like traders so wt* r u doin in da invite section.

Read that back to yourself and see if it makes any sense the second time.

It's the "BitTorrent Invites" not "BitTorrent Invite Trading" section right?

sear
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
if you arent a trader and dont like traders so wt* r u doin in da invite section.

Read that back to yourself and see if it makes any sense the second time.

It's the "BitTorrent Invites" not "BitTorrent Invite Trading" section right?

:yup: agreed

DV8type
08-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Invites are free, yes, but then they should be given to friends, good friends at that, not some random guy posting on a internet forum hoping to get lucky with a long shot and whom I will never meet in my lifetime.

Nice post

GaleaNatur
08-08-2007, 09:14 PM
There should be a sticky called... "FTN Episodes"

:D

maybe a stickies where the members can write their post about getting a free FTN...too much topics for free FTN lately:happy:

enviouz good luck my friend i hope u get it:)

mestari
08-08-2007, 10:28 PM
OK enviouz, you are anti-trader but your BT rep history makes me smile:

06-2007 GaleaNatur good trader
03-2007 biggie944 thanks very generous
03-2007 znik generous!
03-2007 redMonster good trader, can be trusted

Probably from some giveaways but anyway :P...btw no offence ;)

enviouz
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
OK enviouz, you are anti-trader but your BT rep history makes me smile:

06-2007 GaleaNatur good trader
03-2007 biggie944 thanks very generous
03-2007 znik generous!
03-2007 redMonster good trader, can be trusted

Probably from some giveaways but anyway :P...btw no offence ;)

none taken :) redmonster yes was a trade when i first came here this ive admitted to earlier. was before i had changed my thought process and before i realized how disrespectful it is to the sysops and mods who have asked it doesnt be done. galeanatur i have no clue about this. ive never traded with him that i can remember as i said 1 trade only. not trying to make excuses either or displace the fact that i have traded in the past its still wrong. everything else is from giveaways which everyone can check out mostly lower trackers though.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-accountinvite-giveaway-216672

pro267
08-08-2007, 10:36 PM
@enviouz

I hope you don't get your hopes too high. You do know how hard it is to get into FTN, especially if none of your friends are in invite positions there.

I'm actually in a very similar position as you are, and - for what its worth - I hope you get your chance.

Brandon
08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I was going to offer him one but seems he already got one. Enjoy the site, I'm not going to punish you or the inviter so don't start worrying b/c of this post :P

enviouz
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
@enviouz

I hope you don't get your hopes too high. You do know how hard it is to get into FTN, especially if none of your friends are in invite positions there.

I'm actually in a very similar position as you are, and - for what its worth - I hope you get your chance.

i actually recieved one from a very generous user. its everything i could've hoped for and more. fabulous forum. but yes i do know its rather difficult ive tried for quite some time now. good luck to you. i hope you get one soon. just remember patience is a virtue

pro267
08-08-2007, 10:41 PM
envious, congratulations mate! Happy to hear about it!

@Brandon
How about another one for someone at the same position?
Just trying my luck. You seem to be in a good mood.. :)

Beenieman
08-08-2007, 11:40 PM

@Brandon

Do you have a sister? (worked for me) :D

fstrulz
08-08-2007, 11:44 PM
I was going to offer him one but seems he already got one. Enjoy the site, I'm not going to punish you or the inviter so don't start worrying b/c of this post :P

:rolleyes: Isn't Brandon a really nice SysOp or what?

:P

pro267
08-09-2007, 12:22 AM

@Brandon

Do you have a sister? (worked for me) :D

I do, but unfortunately, I am not a trader.. :P

Edit: on second thought, if it worked once, why not do it again?
So, I'm willing to offer gar3th's sister for an FTN invite. If you enjoyed her once, why not do it again? :lol:

01ramos
08-09-2007, 12:31 AM
:huh: well i have a brazzers pass, very very rare :w00t:

fook3d
08-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Edit: on second thought, if it worked once, why not do it again?
So, I'm willing to offer gar3th's sister for an FTN invite. If you enjoyed her once, why not do it again? :lol:

Man, That comeback was soo great :lol::lol:

amdxp
08-09-2007, 01:46 AM
ALL PM'S REGUARDING TRADES WILL BE IGNORED!!! I DO NOT TRADE. INVITES SHOULD ALWAYS BE FREEI like these words and yes you right. But can you advise me how I can get an FTN invite? If even get bitmetv for free it's a big problem ( I still don't have it ) . And congrats you with new one.

tacoflavakiss
08-09-2007, 01:57 AM
I'd also really like an FTN invite. I have been searching everywhere for an invite, but I have not found one. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

KFlint
08-09-2007, 02:05 AM
think ftn should go to level 8 now that Brandon gives out invite to anybody who ask :P

seppypom
08-09-2007, 02:07 AM
No, lots of ppl ask, He gives them out to people that ask in a creative way

dcliffnotes
08-09-2007, 02:26 AM
congrats man on your ftn invite and good luck to all member seeking for ftn.

th0r
08-09-2007, 04:11 AM
... incohesive gibberish ...

please use paragraphs when you have a lot to post, i completely skipped over it