PDA

View Full Version : Just Want This Clarified Please

ripley02
06-28-2003, 08:31 PM
i am downloading matrix reloaded and the file will already be in mpg. so technically if i will be burning it using nero then i wont have to mess with converting right?

totalwar
06-28-2003, 11:50 PM
nero should convert your movie so you can burn to disk if it mpeg 1 but if mpeg 2 then you will need a mpeg2 encoder and nero express but you can you use temp encoder to convert back to mpeg 1 hope this helps you.

ripley02
07-01-2003, 12:00 AM
i have just finished dl this file:

Matrix_Reloaded.CD1.CENTROPY.mpg

so how would i be able to tell if its OK to burn straight as it is?

ripley02
07-01-2003, 06:03 PM
am i right in assuming that the mpg is in pal 25.00 fps that it wont work in my ntsc dvd?

if the above is true then would tmpgenc be a good tool to use to convert it to ntsc?

i had read on this board in another topic that if i have nero installed and the klite codec pack that it wont need to be converted. is this true also?

ToraBoraDweller
07-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Nero has an own mpeg2 plug-in(not standard)
If you want to re-encode with TMPGEnc :you need the plus-version!
In the K-lite-codec-pack the codec used is from Ligos.
Best quality are the TMPGenc-plus and Cinema Craft.

ripley02
07-01-2003, 10:24 PM
ok thanks. i'm fixing to burn this movie in a little bit but would like to see what speed is recommended this be done at. its gonna be a little over700 MB. also what do you estimate how long it would take?

ripley02
07-02-2003, 01:29 PM
well never mind my previous q's. but can anyone answer me about a problem i had yesterday?

i had downloaded The.Matrix.Reloaded.Xvid.Mtt and had converted it to ntsc from pal and used tmpgenc. now when i burned it to cd using nero the video and sound was good and all but the video was distorted to the point that it was not bearable. it was also in full screen and i think it should be in wide screen. so i'll have to reencode it again which is no biggie but can someone tell me what option i need to modify so the video deosnt get stretched?

ripley02
07-02-2003, 03:40 PM
never mind...

<_<