PDA

View Full Version : Peerguardian And Riaa

Rip The Jacker
06-29-2003, 04:32 AM
I was wondering, is it really necessary for me to install PeerGuardian. Because here is the thing, if the RIAA get my IP, they are gonna tell my ISP about it right?? Well, my ISP has absolutlely 0% of my information. My ISP has NO idea who the hell I am. Heres how I filled out my info when signing up with my ISP.

Name: hdusfspdvgfdspf
Address: nfdspufnsfsd
Phone No: (999) 999-9999
State: AZ (Im actually in CA)
Zip Code: 12345

I've been using the same ISP for a year now.

Should I really worry? It doesnt seem nessesary to install PeerGuardian, my ISP has the wrong info, and I don't use Kazaa Lite as much.

RealitY
06-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Anonominity is great in all forms, though better safe than sorry.

I take it your not on broadband, since cable has your address. Though I wonder how they would find satallite users.

Time
06-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@29 June 2003 - 06:13
Anonominity is great in all forms, though better safe than sorry.

I take it your not on broadband, since cable has your address. Though I wonder how they would find satallite users.
DirecWay (or any satellite internet provider) can just simply find you IP address using the signal, then the satellite can easily determine the exact location (in longitude and latitude form) of where your house is at, then from there, it just takes a simple Mapquest.com search.

RealitY
06-29-2003, 08:06 AM
That answered my question, I figured as much.

vivitron 15
06-29-2003, 09:39 PM
would they not know the telephone number from which you are connecting? in order to bill you? or a bank ac #? :huh: