PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite Is Not Dead

MetroStars
06-29-2003, 11:47 AM
I just wanted 2 post after reading a very stupid post from REALITY claiming that kazaa is dead what a load of shit this is.... Kazaa is just as good as ever...

Ad
06-29-2003, 01:03 PM
I just wanted 2 post after reading a very stupid post from REALITY claiming that kazaa is dead what a load of shit this is.... Kazaa is just as good as ever...

I agree REALITy too parnoid for anything :P :P

Jibbler
06-29-2003, 05:22 PM
With all due respect, the network is still the best source for mp3s. However movies and games spread far too slowly, and sources are rare in many cases. The network is being targeted by RIAA/MPAA, so its being flooded with fakes, etc. It not dead, but its slowly losing ground due to security reasons and other problems. :huh: :huh:

loz
06-29-2003, 05:55 PM
long live kazaa :)

Fuck you riaa

ISthisLEGAL.com
06-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Kazza still works best for me!!! e-mules too sloooow.

SharePro
06-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Kazaa will be seeing a decrease in users when the RIAA has people arrested and/or sues them.

I think you should all at least share behind a proxy. Downloading is less of a problem, but being the peer who is sharing/uploading, you should protect yourself.

Unfortunately, Kazaa does not support proxies.

balamm
06-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by SharePro@30 June 2003 - 12:06
Huh?

options/ kazaa options / firewall/ socks5 proxy ?

( I think )

m8t
06-30-2003, 12:10 PM
:rolleyes:
hi there !
99% of my files are software and the latest software at that.
there are lots of sites that say we have it, dl from here.
whenever i try them, they either don't have it, or my
pop up killer is working overtime.
i always end up getting it from K++
i don't mind waiting for it, and being on cable
it is always quick. i always share, and i don't give
a horses continental who is dl from me(fileshare ect)
K++ will never die(i read that somewhere)
regards
m8t :blink:

ISthisLEGAL.com
06-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SharePro@30 June 2003 - 12:06
Kazaa will be seeing a decrease in users when the RIAA has people arrested and/or sues them.

I think you should all at least share behind a proxy. Downloading is less of a problem, but being the peer who is sharing/uploading, you should protect yourself.

How much did riaa pay you to post that??? there not going to do anything apart from try and scare us all, plus out side the usa they are power less!! :D

stoi
07-01-2003, 07:25 AM
well i stopped using kazaa long ago, not because of the RIAA etc, i couldnt give a shit about them, its just that there is a lot better out there if you know where to look. if your after avi movies and seperate mp3 songs then stick with kazaa but if your after the latest svcd, full albums and the latest console games then you have to look elsewhere.

stoi

Ad
07-01-2003, 07:36 AM
if kazaa goes something else will ocme

stoi
07-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@1 July 2003 - 07:36
its already here adthomp, thats my point, bit, newsgroups, Winmx, FTP, emule and earthstatation 5 even though i think this has a way to go to convince me its just not another kazaa clone.

stoi

bluedevil
07-02-2003, 12:20 AM
where would i be without my kazaa

MetroStars
07-02-2003, 04:42 PM
dam straight Blue Devil --- and did sum above me mention WinMx is better than kazaa lite --- this guy must be high or sumthing he is clearly not thinking right

Longdong
07-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@2 July 2003 - 17:42
dam straight Blue Devil --- and did sum above me mention WinMx is better than kazaa lite --- this guy must have Aids or sumthing he is clearly not thinking right
Some people would find that remark highly offensive.

Please explain how someone having Aids would cause them not to think correctly.

Im sure many would appreciate if you thought about what you have written before pressing the 'Post' button.

I'm all for getting your point across in inventive ways but that was just uncalled for.

I dont have aids myself but i know someone who does so please have some consideration to others

MetroStars
07-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Longdong yes i do Apologize and will change the post

Mutt_Head
07-02-2003, 09:33 PM
are there any programmes like kazaa made just for broadband or fast connections coz im getting fed up of getting stuff from the measly 56k'er

shotglass
07-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Longdong+2 July 2003 - 20:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Longdong @ 2 July 2003 - 20:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MetroStars@2 July 2003 - 17:42
dam straight Blue Devil --- and did sum above me mention WinMx is better than kazaa lite --- this guy must have Aids or sumthing he is clearly not thinking right

Im sure many would appreciate if you thought about what you have written before pressing the &#39;Post&#39; button.

I&#39;m all for getting your point across in inventive ways but that was just uncalled for.

I dont have aids myself but i know someone who does so please have some consideration to others [/b][/quote]
LongDong, if we have to constantly censor ourselves, this isn&#39;t much of a message board.

And if you&#39;re easily offended, perhaps the Disney message board might be more to your liking. I hear they trade Mickey ears there.

MetroStars
07-02-2003, 10:11 PM
thanks for backing me up shotglass -- but what i said was nasty

shotglass
07-03-2003, 01:50 AM
But Metro...

...his name was longdong.

RealitY
07-03-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@29 June 2003 - 12:47
I&#39;m finally F**CKING FAMOUS, I knew this day would come.

adthomp...

I agree REALITy too parnoid for anything
Not true, though I&#39;m not wasting my time with your one liners.

Jibbler...

With all due respect, the network is still the best source for mp3s. However movies and games spread far too slowly, and sources are rare in many cases. The network is being targeted by RIAA/MPAA, so its being flooded with fakes, etc. It not dead, but its slowly losing ground due to security reasons and other problems.
That was more my point, thanks.

stoi...

its just that there is a lot better out there if you know where to look. if your after avi movies and seperate mp3 songs then stick with kazaa but if your after the latest svcd, full albums and the latest console games then you have to look elsewhere.
There are better venues out there unless your to LAZY to find and use them, and are simple minded and can only use KaZaa.

adthomp...

Another one liner, well there already is, wake up.

I would like someone to argue the point with me that you would br better off getting software on KaZaa then using ShareReactor with Shareaza or eMule. Also getting new releases on KaZaa is a JOKE and a half. Security also appears to be a joke and if the folks at Sharman had implemented something like PeerGuardian for the public at large, more users migt feel a little better. Security like PG should be know to all KMD users as well, not just those that hunt it down.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;ve loved KaZaa for years, but the truth is REALITY, and KaZaa is due to change drastically for the worse. Just read HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=40153&st=0&#entry292850) and HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=41731). KaZaa may not yet be done, as even I still use it, though it is not what it used to be and has a very dim future for users such as us.

It seems my feeling are not so unique as MetroStars seems to be losing ground with only adthomp to unite with.

Oh, and my original, now FAMOUS post is HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=38972&hl=farewell)

shotglass
07-03-2003, 04:09 AM
Yes, that would about cover you ... you&#39;ve resorted to referring to your own quotes.

You&#39;re just not that big a deal. And you MAY let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

slammy_dunken
07-03-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@2 July 2003 - 19:52
I&#39;m finally F**CKING FAMOUS, I knew this day would come.
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU???

BTW, nice Spongebob av. :D Did you rip it off of YTV?

musicmaster
07-03-2003, 06:37 AM
I wonder if Adthomp thinks he has enough posts yet.....probably not......therefore I will tag behind him right now and catch up NOT.... anyways,,,,,if for some reason kazaa or the more friendly version LITE ever got shut down....a new one would pop up.

Does anyone remember the days of Napster? I sure do, and I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And I also thought it wouldnt shut down. didnt matter... it really didnt.........just the name.... we have lots of other better programs that do more than it ever did. Nap was just a stepping stone as it could be called.......and we have plenty of others to follow in the footsteps of that very innovative and controversial app.

Anyways, I am out. L8

Longdong
07-03-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by shotglass+2 July 2003 - 22:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shotglass @ 2 July 2003 - 22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Longdong@2 July 2003 - 20:03
<!--QuoteBegin-MetroStars@2 July 2003 - 17:42

Im sure many would appreciate if you thought about what you have written before pressing the &#39;Post&#39; button.

I&#39;m all for getting your point across in inventive ways but that was just uncalled for.

I dont have aids myself but i know someone who does so please have some consideration to others
LongDong, if we have to constantly censor ourselves, this isn&#39;t much of a message board.

And if you&#39;re easily offended, perhaps the Disney message board might be more to your liking. I hear they trade Mickey ears there. [/b][/quote]
Lets not get into a flame war here.

If however you did not find that comment uncalled for then perhaps you are still developing your concience and YOU belong at the disney board. Perhaps you would see differnetly if you knew someone who contracted the disease or even contracted it yourself.

He removed the comment so the subject is closed.

Thanks to metrostar for removing it.

shotglass
07-03-2003, 05:47 PM
No, really, longdong, I wouldn&#39;t. Don&#39;t project.

tupacs
07-06-2003, 08:06 AM
Reality, lay off of everyone. Everyone is entilted to their own opinions and the freedom to say what they want. You should stop taking everything so hard.

Tyke
07-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@3 July 2003 - 01:52

I would like someone to argue the point with me that you would br better off getting software on KaZaa then using ShareReactor with Shareaza or eMule.

Well, no I&#39;m not going to argue FOR the fastrack network. I&#39;m not a big downloader of software, mainly because I don&#39;t trust it from kazaa - but also because I have what I need, I&#39;m not a big gamer, and for utilities, there&#39;s a lot of very good freeware (and of course "free trial" versions) out there.

The big problem is getting users onto it. Kazaa is the infamous filesharing utility, and the most popular. Hell, AOL is one of the most popular ISPs, that doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s the best - just that it&#39;s hard to get people to change. Thus there&#39;s a helluva lot of good stuff still to be had on kazaa, but also a lot of fakes (which can be avoided with a little effort).

eMule is a fantastic setup, sharereactor is a great accompaniment to a great network.

Someone said it&#39;s slow. Well, yes. Mostly because of the waiting. Needs more users. So I do use fasttrack less than I used to - I use emule a lot more these days because the time is right. I&#39;ve even started using piolet for some mp3s, but I&#39;ve not made my mind up about that yet.

But why not advance? Why not move on? Kazaa/lite is not forever, neither should it be. Progress is what it&#39;s about, and whilst some people have done an excellent job of producing better fasttrack clients then Sharman&#39;s effort, K-lite is only as good as the network it uses.

RealitY
07-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by tupacs@6 July 2003 - 09:06
Reality, lay off of everyone. Everyone is entilted to their own opinions and the freedom to say what they want. You should stop taking everything so hard.
WTF are talking about, use KaZaa all you want. In REALITY this is old news, and if KaZaa is your only p2p program, your clueless, thats all.

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-07-2003, 05:19 AM
Kazaa Lite isn&#39;t dead. That person may have been talking about the fact of all the fake files that are ruining Kazaa Lite. Kazaa Lite is growing, not dying.

jetje
07-07-2003, 07:05 AM
My thoughts on kazaa...

It is not dead, it is still there. but it has it problems.

- leechers
- fakes (but there for use the verified sections)

What i think is the biggest problem for filesharing...

We all like speed, therefor we&#39;re looking for new better ways.
people start using all kind of p2p programs, that means hardly anyone is giving the max ul speeds they have to kazaa. That just mean more sources give far less speed. programs like bittorent require ul speeds for good dl speed. More and more people are starting to use those stuff.
We&#39;re all on a goldrush for the best new files and the biggest dl speeds. We only seemto forget that we all have to ad speed into the system to get it back... ;)

wazaa
07-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Ill keep downloading music, even if the RIAA&#39;s not bluffing. who gives a shit.fuck them. ill take that chance, or bluff, to get arrested, who gives a shit.

come and arrest me u fucker&#33;&#33;

RealitY
07-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by iamtheoneandonlyone@7 July 2003 - 06:19
Kazaa Lite isn&#39;t dead. That person may have been talking about the fact of all the fake files that are ruining Kazaa Lite. Kazaa Lite is growing, not dying.
Growing????

Thats news to me.

Lamsey
07-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+7 July 2003 - 19:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 7 July 2003 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iamtheoneandonlyone@7 July 2003 - 06:19
Growing????

Thats news to me. [/b][/quote]
There are just as many KaZaA users as there were when I first started using it.

The introduction of the next version of K-Lite will see even more people using K-Lite.

It is most certainly not dying.

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 07:38 PM
The Kazaa numbers have bin the same since i first installed it.... It has never droped below 4Million

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/peole.gif

Tyke
07-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jetje@7 July 2003 - 07:05

We&#39;re all on a goldrush for the best new files and the biggest dl speeds. We only seemto forget that we all have to ad speed into the system to get it back... ;)
Hmm, I do see your point, BUT

I do use other sources for new stuff because of all the fakes and BS on kazaa, and leave running for a while to help that network grow. Then I open kazaa and watch it fill my upload slots.

So if that isn&#39;t giving back, I don&#39;t know what is

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 09:32 PM
I do use other sources for new stuff because of all the fakes and BS on kazaa, and leave running for a while to help that network grow. Then I open kazaa and watch it fill my upload slots.

So if that isn&#39;t giving back, I don&#39;t know what is

Keep it up man

Adster
04-13-2004, 07:45 AM
ahhh lets see who was on crack posting this :lol:

blitz
04-13-2004, 07:45 AM
once again......owned ;)

smellycat
04-13-2004, 08:16 AM
I use to love kazaalite but have moved on to better p2p programs.

kazaalite is based on kazaa.
No matter how good you make kazaalite, it is still based on kazaa,
and kazaa is a crap program.

It&#39;s hashing system is weak and flawed, leaving a 300k window unhashed.
Thus "verifieds" mean jack shit, corrupted files are shared, etc.

It also keeps "hashing" all the files, thus discouraging large shares.
I&#39;m sharing 150Gb on one P2P program. I couldn&#39;t do that with kazaa(lite).

The supernodes group different size files, thus leading to the
"mp3 reset" problem

The motives of the owners are for financial profit and not for the benefit of the P2P community.
Sharman are trying to make FastTrack as a network for DRM.

masterpiece21
04-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Ok first off ive gotten a few complaints and censorship BS with my sig.ok every1 if u dont like sumting FUCK OFF&#33;dont look at it&#33;and longdong,that applys2u.tho that aids comment was gnarsty but it was dumb tho.not even funny.props thats u changed it tho.ok REALITY thanx for the opinion but it just started a mini war.why doesnt every1 jsut STFU and end this god damn thread&#33;btw lemme make sum things taht can b censored for yall kk?

Jesus is a lil bitch
God isnt real
dis-respect the homeless
and msot of all,FUCK THE BUSH SUPPORTERS&#33;
and lets not forget waht started this,KAZAA IS DEAD&#33;MOVE ON&#33;
and lemme add this too:the pope is a fruitloop&#33;and im ashamed2b a catholic&#33;

hope this gives yall sumting2think/BS ab.......let the flamming begin :flame:

thewizeard
04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by masterpiece21@13 April 2004 - 08:19
Ok first off ive gotten a few complaints and censorship BS with my sig.ok every1 if u dont like sumting FUCK OFF&#33;dont look at it&#33;and longdong,that applys2u.tho that aids comment was gnarsty but it was dumb tho.not even funny.props thats u&nbsp; changed it tho.ok REALITY thanx for the opinion but it just started a mini war.why doesnt every1 jsut STFU and end this god damn thread&#33;btw lemme make sum things taht can b censored for yall kk?

Jesus is a lil bitch
God isnt real
dis-respect the homeless
and msot of all,FUCK THE BUSH SUPPORTERS&#33;
and lets not forget waht started this,KAZAA IS DEAD&#33;MOVE ON&#33;
and lemme add this too:the pope is a fruitloop&#33;and im ashamed2b a catholic&#33;

hope this gives yall sumting2think/BS ab.......let the flamming begin :flame:
Dont you think you are a little off topic? ;)

Edit: nearly forgot...I like your sig... :)

Sparkle1984
04-13-2004, 10:45 AM
oh calm down man masterpiece &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

sharedholder
04-13-2004, 12:29 PM
MetroStars Where have you been all this time ????? :o :) You are right , K-lite is not dead the people are killing it spreading rummors and bs. :)

04-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Kazaa Lite Staff , should put it a virus filter on. I have downloaded hundreds of stuff with them on. Im lucky because I Have Norton , but some people dont.
I think P2P needs to sort this out.

[B][O][T]
04-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@13 April 2004 - 13:29
MetroStars Where have you been all this time ????? :o :) You are right , K-lite is not dead the people are killing it spreading rummors and bs. :)
Eummm look at the date when metro posted this....

BOT

Adster
04-14-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by [O][T]+14 April 2004 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE ([O][T] @ 14 April 2004 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@13 April 2004 - 13:29
MetroStars Where have you been all this time ????? :o&nbsp; :)&nbsp; You are right , K-lite is not dead the people are killing it spreading rummors and bs. :)
Eummm look at the date when metro posted this....

BOT [/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

3RA1N1AC
04-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Adster@12 April 2004 - 23:45
ahhh lets see who was on crack posting this :lol:
who?

psyko45
04-16-2004, 06:30 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah its good to be in canada where downloading music is legal, even so i use peer guardian, adaware, and window washer to cover my ass...and kazaa lite is alive and well

freak
04-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Dang there&#39;s a bunch of babys in this post. I think some of u guy&#39;s need to get a life&#33; To me kazaa/k-lite is dead... Now I mainly use BT and SS

But to other&#39;s kazaa may not be dead&#33; So everyone stop bitching and just choose a damn network that you like...

So everyone STFU and start shareing on your network of choice&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

:frusty:

Z-95
04-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by freak@17 April 2004 - 10:36
Dang there&#39;s a bunch of babys in this post. I think some of u guy&#39;s need to get a life&#33; To me kazaa/k-lite is dead... Now I mainly use BT and SS

But to other&#39;s kazaa may not be dead&#33; So everyone stop bitching and just choose a damn network that you like...

So everyone STFU and start shareing on your network of choice&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

:frusty:
Well said&#33;&#33; :D