PDA

View Full Version : W A R

THATSHAYNE
06-29-2003, 10:15 PM
:rolleyes: hEY!!

Yes, am new here and am here to change the place - B) Heheheee.

Ok, so my pants are down around my ankles and I've got everybodies attention just like I wanted - just not with my pants down around my ankles...

Not sharing is a discusting thing. The nerve of some people to come to places such as these and take and take and take and never give. No wonder the world is going to hell inna handbasket.

I have a serious problem with it. I will sit for half an hour if necessary kicking somebody off my file so that someone worthy can use it. First I explain 'why', to give them a chance to adjust; after that, it's war.

Kazaa, I would appreciate the abillity to ban users from 'my' shared file folder that I worked very hard to fill with useful downloads to share with others. If not, then I would equally appreciate it if Kazaa was set up so that uploads were automatically set to 2/3's the number of downloads, and that the bandwidth release would be unlimmited for all. This way people could come to Kazaa and get some work done knowing they don't have to chase around after selfish little brats.

I am a gamer - my RAM is important to me. But I just have to accept the fact that while I am here I am here to give and take and that means no gaming while I am here. And I can accept that. I love this place lol. I got some great DL's and it's totally worth it and no one kicks me ever.

Thx. :rolleyes:

vivitron 15
06-29-2003, 10:43 PM
wish i could be bothered to read that in such an annoying font

PS: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=37679

Lamsey
06-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by THATSHAYNE@29 June 2003 - 23:15
If not, then I would equally appreciate it if Kazaa was set up so that uploads were automatically set to 2/3's the number of downloads, and that the bandwidth release would be unlimmited for all.
Not practical; I for one use SoulSeek and K-Lite 24/7, and I also share my internet connection between my own computer and my parents' PC.

Naturally, I don't want K-Lite eating all my upload bandwidth, leaving my parents with very little bandwidth. It would also slow down SoulSeek and web browsing, which I don't want to happen.

Not everyone has the same situation, so it's not praticable to enforce uploading.

J'Pol
06-29-2003, 11:27 PM
I think you will find it´s "hell in a handcart".

Otherwise a reasonable, well thought out and presented position, by an obviously rational, grounded individual.

You go for it mate, sit there stopping people downloading your valuable files, for as long as it takes. That keeps you off the streets where you may cause some real damage.

I'm_going_slightly_mad
06-29-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by THATSHAYNE@29 June 2003 - 17:15
:rolleyes: hEY!!

Yes, am new here and am here to change the place -  B) Heheheee.

Ok, so my pants are down around my ankles and I've got everybodies attention just like I wanted - just not with my pants down around my ankles...

Not sharing is a discusting thing.  The nerve of some people to come to places such as these and take and take and take and never give.  No wonder the world is going to hell inna handbasket.

I have a serious problem with it. I will sit for half an hour if necessary kicking somebody off my file so that someone worthy can use it.  First I explain 'why', to give them a chance to adjust; after that, it's war.

Kazaa, I would appreciate the abillity to ban users from 'my' shared file folder that I worked very hard to fill with useful downloads to share with others.  If not, then I would equally appreciate it if Kazaa was set up so that uploads were automatically set to 2/3's the number of downloads, and that the bandwidth release would be unlimmited for all.  This way people could come to Kazaa and get some work done knowing they don't have to chase around after selfish little brats. 

I am a gamer - my RAM is important to me.  But I just have to accept the fact that while I am here I am here to give and take and that means no gaming while I am here.  And I can accept that.  I love this place lol. I got some great DL's and it's totally worth it and no one kicks me ever.

Thx.  :rolleyes:

I agree that everyone needs to share their files, however, some of us don't want to come under the RIAA's radar, so we make it only appear that we are not sharing by enabling the feature that keeps others from seeing all we are sharing. Right now it is going to be hard to tell who is sharing and who is not. We just need to encourage people to keep sharing, even while using privacy options that make them appear to not be sharing. We must not let the RIAA bully us with scare tactics.

Arrg, Mateys! Keep sharing! :pirate:

THATSHAYNE
07-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Hmmm

"Our survey said!..."

4 responses:

One from one who is sooooo easily annoyed and can't read - wonder why he replied at all - G L A S S E S D U D E;

One from "little lambs eat Ivy". He needs all his RAM so that he can enjoy life partying on the web while everyone else sacrifices for him. - GOOD ONE.

Then there's Columbo - Hillarious I might add! Fortunately this cat is rigged with a turbo-charged sense of humour and is not so insecure. Columbo doesn't share, he doesn't care, he's already got every available download there is and they are right there in his 'H A N D B A S K E T'. So, you wont even see him in traffic, he hangs here trying to be the commentator / comedian he almost is. 10/10 For humour dude. Z E R O for input as ussual.

And last, but by no means least - the fense sitter - I mean pirate (did I say that?)...

You mean it only looks like you're not sharing, like you really only pissed beside my cornflakes - not actually in them - Duh!!

I wont waist my time on that one.

No means NO.

"0" paricipation means ZERO partipation. 1 Bandwidth means you SUK the Bone; and everytime I see a one in the bandwidth; I see a self-centered, self-serving erect penis (prick) shooting blanks.

I am DL'g 5 and UL'g 3 with BW set to unlimmited.

I could and we could all set our DL's to 0 and BW to 1 and nobody would ever come here and YOU would never get a single DL.

DONT BE A PRICK.

Set your band width to Unlimmited and UL's to 1 at least so that peeps can grab and move on. Learn to work around it. If you are worried about illegal material move it to a folder that is not for grabs.

Otherwise, don't 'add in salt to injury' telling me it's ok to piss 'beside' my cornflakes and expect a warm welcome at my breakfast table.

I just really had to "S H A R E".

Arghhh Mateeees!!! :pirate:

Cheers!!!! :beerchug:

Peace, Love and Tranquility Brotha!!! B)

((((:P:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:))))
Ahhhh, got ta mooooooooooooooove...

N£MO
07-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by THATSHAYNE@1 July 2003 - 20:08
Hmmm

"Our survey said!..."

4 responses:

One from one who is sooooo easily annoyed and can't read - wonder why he replied at all - G L A S S E S D U D E;

One from "little lambs eat Ivy". He needs all his RAM so that he can enjoy life partying on the web while everyone else sacrifices for him. - GOOD ONE.

Then there's Columbo - Hillarious I might add! Fortunately this cat is rigged with a turbo-charged sense of humour and is not so insecure. Columbo doesn't share, he doesn't care, he's already got every available download there is and they are right there in his 'H A N D B A S K E T'. So, you wont even see him in traffic, he hangs here trying to be the commentator / comedian he almost is. 10/10 For humour dude. Z E R O for input as ussual.

And last, but by no means least - the fense sitter - I mean pirate (did I say that?)...

You mean it only looks like you're not sharing, like you really only pissed beside my cornflakes - not actually in them - Duh!!

No means NO.

"0" paricipation means ZERO partipation. 1 Bandwidth means you SUK the Bone; and everytime I see a one in the bandwidth; I see a self-centered, self-serving erect penis (prick) shooting blanks.

I could and we could all set our DL's to 0 and BW to 1 and nobody would ever come here and YOU would never get a single DL.

DONT BE A PRICK.

Set your band width to Unlimmited and UL's to 1 at least so that peeps can grab and move on. Learn to work around it. If you are worried about illegal material move it to a folder that is not for grabs.

Otherwise, don't 'add in salt to injury' telling me it's ok to piss 'beside' my cornflakes and expect a warm welcome at my breakfast table.

Nothing like making a grand entrance to the board.

Welcome THATSHAYNE. :)

theslayer40
07-01-2003, 07:34 PM
I agree that people should share, but many people are stopping because of the RIAA. RIAA has takin all the fun out of P2P. :angry:

P.S. Nemo I like your Sig :lol:

Rat Faced
07-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by THATSHAYNE@1 July 2003 - 19:08
Hmmm

"Our survey said!..."

4 responses:

No means NO.

DONT BE A PRICK.

You may find that its you that doesnt understand.

There is a "Privacy Patch" that stops you seeing a list of files...however they are still being shared....but if you try and "Search More from same user" you will get zilch results....but you may still get them as sources for something you request.

Zero PL does not mean zero participation...it means they have a different client program that does not use the PL system or have an earlier version of your client...both will show 0 PL. Again, doesnt mean they are not sharing.

Setting your uploads to unlimited isnt helping anyone either...it just gets the program to try and get more bandwidth than you've got...causing problems in a lot of systems, meaning they are re-booting and going offline more, getting annoyed at the program and eventually leaving the network in disgust.

You upload bandwidth should be set at the level of your upload bandwidth or, preferably, one step below this.

The best number of upload slots is also dependant on your connection. I would rather a 56Ker had 1 upload slot (2 at most) rather than 3 or 4 at 0.25K or lower.

I suggest you read a book called "How to win friends and Influence People"...looks like you need it.