PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

ninjamonkey
06-30-2003, 03:05 AM
hey guys i have a question. What i want is for when IE opens up in a new window, i want it to be maximized. so if i see a link and i want a new window, il right click, then click on "open in new window." when i do that, it is never maximized. how can i make it so that it always is? thanks

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 03:12 AM
I'd like to know if that's possible too. :)

Mine open almost the same size - but just slightly smaller.

ninjamonkey
06-30-2003, 03:16 AM
yeah same with me. its almost full

it used to open maximized, but i dont know what happened or how to make it go back...

_John_Lennon_
06-30-2003, 04:48 AM
I dont think it can automatically maximize the the size of your screen.

I know it seems stupid, but anyone else have a logical answer?

Nimdock
06-30-2003, 04:50 AM
As far as I know IE rememebers the settings of your last oppened NOT maximized window... so the best you can do is get a 99% maximized window...

Start IE, right click any link on a web page, and select Open in a New Window.
Go back to the first IE window you opened and close it.
Return to the second window and manually drag it to fill the screen.
(Do not use the maximize button, for that's a temporary setting that will not be retained.)

Now press the Ctrl button, and close this second window, holding the Ctrl button depressed, using 'close' in the File menu (important!).

This should force Windows to remember the settings, and windows will now open maximized.

Now if you want every IE to be fully maximized, there is a little freeware utility: IE New Windows Maximizer (http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm)

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 04:51 AM
I don't know the answer, but there really ought to be a way.

I mean, if you have your browser set to "full screen" - then everything opens that way.

Why shouldn't it work for "maximized" as well. :huh:

Edit: Nimdock posted while I was typing - I'm downloading the "maximizer now - Thanks ;)

ninjamonkey
06-30-2003, 05:07 AM
thanks nimdock. :D

Nimdock
06-30-2003, 05:15 AM
Oh, I thought you hadn't read it :D

No problem, I just hope it might be of some help.

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Did it work for you ninjamonkey? :huh:

All it seemed to do for me was make the windows flash a couple of times, but they still weren't maximized. :rolleyes:

dgmortal
06-30-2003, 05:29 PM
what you guys should do is download IE New Window Manager (http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/download.htm). it is a freeware application that will automatically maximize all new IE windows. a small trick to get it to work, after installation, set it to open all new windows in full screen (this means full screen, covering entire screen). open a window and then close it. then turn off the full screen mode. after that, all new windows should open maximized. B)

Wolfmight
06-30-2003, 06:21 PM
you can try makin an icon for IE, then goto properties.. set Open Maximized and that'll work when u first start it.

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 June 2003 - 13:21
you can try makin an icon for IE, then goto properties.. set Open Maximized and that'll work when u first start it.
Yeah, my IE shortcut is already set to open maximized.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do any good with subsequent windows. :(

Maybe I'll give dg_mortal's link a try.

Edit: Well, maybe not... it's the same as the one Nimdock posted. :blink:

Wolfmight
06-30-2003, 08:48 PM
well if u constantly maximize the windows and later close them.. they will start to be that way i think..
if u want, u can try Opera7... the windows are allways maximized and stuff. Has like 100s of options IE doesnt have also.. (such as Zooming, Popup blocking 100%, etc)