PDA

View Full Version : Riaa This Riaa That.....f*ck The Riaa!

ISthisLEGAL.com
06-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Get some balls people!!! all am reading is how people are going to stop useing kazaa because there scared of the riaa, use the patch to hide your shared files or are you going to let a bunch of pricks at the riaa run you out??? have you ever thought people posting negativety might even be the riaa as some sort of scare tactics to scare you off!!! do you think there going to take us all to court so we can get a slap on the wrist "naughty boy, dont do it again" how meny people have been done???

nearly everyone has a copy of something including judges, policemen, etc...

asmithz
06-30-2003, 09:57 AM
yeah i been saying this since the riaa started with there crap i will stay with kazaa till the end

m8t
06-30-2003, 12:40 PM
:D
hi there !
i have over 2000 files, everyone can see them
have done so for over 12 months, and i don't
give a s--t about RIAA
regards
m8t :blink:

Time
06-30-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm using 3 firewalls, so I'll I have to say is FUCK YOU RIAA. If you get past my firewalls, I'll destroy all of your servers, for good. That'll teach your bastards to mess with a network engineer with a masters degree and a bachelors degree in programming.

7465 files and counting..

chillin4real
06-30-2003, 02:49 PM
How can you possibly do anything worth doing on the internet from behind three firewalls?

BlizZ
06-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah but I'm not taking chances, I DID read on the CNN.com website that the "RIAA" will be sueing people, yes sueing, NOT taking them to court and saying, "bad boy, don't do it again". They'll actually be sueing. I don't have a LOT of music, so I guess I don't have to worry about it so much.

From CNN.com: "The RIAA said its lawyers will file lawsuits initially against people with the largest collections of music files they can find online. U.S. copyright laws allow for damages of $750 to $150,000 for each song offered illegally on a person's computer, but Sherman said the RIAA will be open to settlement proposals from defendants."

Go here to read more about it:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/06/2...s.ap/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/06/25/download.suits.ap/index.html)

"The Avatar Man"
06-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Time@30 June 2003 - 14:26
I'm using 3 firewalls, so I'll I have to say is FUCK YOU RIAA. If you get past my firewalls, I'll destroy all of your servers, for good. That'll teach your bastards to mess with a network engineer with a masters degree and a bachelors degree in programming.

lol you should know that anytime you upload you make an opening in your firewalls in order to make a direct connection...that can be tracked.
they are not trying to hack you.only to find you.lol
a highschool drop-out had to point this out to you.LOL

Time
06-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Umm, no.. Shall I explain how a firewall works? (hardware in this case, I have 2 software ones, which includes Norton Internet Security and the Windows XP default firewall)

My IP may be out, but how are they going to get past the firewalls? Makes perfect sense.

Edit : (If the hardware firewall fails, try to get past Norton, and it really doesn't matter if there is a direct connection because Windows XP 64-bit edition has built in encryption. Thus making it impossible for them to decode what is on my hard drive)

Switeck
06-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Time@30 June 2003 - 15:20
Umm, no.. Shall I explain how a firewall works? (hardware in this case, I have 2 software ones, which includes Norton Internet Security and the Windows XP default firewall)

My IP may be out, but how are they going to get past the firewalls? Makes perfect sense.

Edit : (If the hardware firewall fails, try to get past Norton, and it really doesn't matter if there is a direct connection because Windows XP 64-bit edition has built in encryption. Thus making it impossible for them to decode what is on my hard drive)
If you can download and upload on Kazaa, suffice to say RIAA can do the same unless you've blocked every connection by ip that they might use.

mix3k
06-30-2003, 09:45 PM
:ph34r: Well i think all this is a big scare tatic. hwo many millions of us have pc's n filesharing. Why should we pay £4.99 for a single on cd when you can have roughly 6 albums for that ! Next the film industies will target us for fileshaing films hahaha. STOP..........CARRY ON ! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

mix3k
06-30-2003, 09:48 PM
:huh: And i will add that it would take them for every tracking us all down, cost them a bomb, and if they are like me get bored easily lol. Thankyou.

endezeichen
06-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Time@30 June 2003 - 13:26

3 firewalls???? that must be a pain in the ass. Anyone skilled with computers would know that 3 firewalls is retarted so you're obviously some little kid who's trying to brag about something he's not

Evil Fish
06-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@30 June 2003 - 09:37
Get some balls people!!! all am reading is how people are going to stop useing kazaa because there scared of the riaa, use the patch to hide your shared files or are you going to let a bunch of pricks at the riaa run you out??? have you ever thought people posting negativety might even be the riaa as some sort of scare tactics to scare you off!!! do you think there going to take us all to court so we can get a slap on the wrist "naughty boy, dont do it again" how meny people have been done???

where can you get this "patch"

ISthisLEGAL.com
07-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Evil Fish+1 July 2003 - 00:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Fish &#064; 1 July 2003 - 00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ISthisLEGAL.com@30 June 2003 - 09:37
Get some balls people&#33;&#33;&#33; all am reading is how people are going to stop useing kazaa because there scared of the riaa, use the patch to hide your shared files or are you going to let a bunch of pricks at the riaa run you out??? have you ever thought people posting negativety might even be the riaa as some sort of scare tactics to scare you off&#33;&#33;&#33; do you think there going to take us all to court so we can get a slap on the wrist "naughty boy, dont do it again" how meny people have been done???

where can you get this "patch" [/b][/quote]
Your best option would be to down load the latest version of kazaa from www.k-lite.tk as it has the privacy patch built in alls you need to do is enable it in the options menu, or you still might be able to get the patch separate from this site but the full install would be the best option.

the_faceman
07-01-2003, 01:02 AM
I&#39;m using 3 firewalls, so I&#39;ll I have to say is FUCK YOU RIAA. If you get past my firewalls, I&#39;ll destroy all of your servers, for good. That&#39;ll teach your bastards to mess with a network engineer with a masters degree and a bachelors degree in programming.

This guy is incredible, i haven&#39;t heard BS like that since way back in 2000 when i used yahoo chat and the "l33t hax0rs" would boot people out of a room and then think they were some sort of demi-god.

Once you&#39;ve destroyed their servers, can u carve me some bacon from that flying pig over there...

Anyways, i think the RIAA will have to take some people to court, or it&#39;ll be their most humiliating period yet. I also think it&#39;s a crazy thing for them to do though, they forget that a lot of the p2p community still actually buy their music occasionally, sometimes more so.

It&#39;s hard for some people not to worry, especially when they are inexperienced with computers and the internet.

I&#39;m sure our friend "Time" will be ok though, he has his 3 firewalls, triple locks on his front door, and a tin-foil hat so they can&#39;t read his thoughts.

nyer82
07-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Here is a repost from somethin i put on aol.

Topic was: I ain&#39;t kidding myself

I know that putting a file thats copyrighted or downloading it from a file-sharing network is ILLEGAL. It is also stealing.

However, I also know that the fat cats at the RIAA have been stealing from consumers for years and have recently tried to settle lawsuits because of this. They have also declared war on their huge customer base by going after them with as many lawyers as possible instead of trying to work to a compromise towards the inevitable success of peer-to-peer. They are telling ISP&#39;s to rat out their customers, they are slapping thousand dollar suits on cash strapped college kids who just want to listen to a few tunes and don&#39;t have money to waste on 20 dollar CDs which are 90% filler.

Worse however, is that they (along with their comrades the MPAA) have DESTROYED our copyright laws with their lobbying for that new legislation. They completely tossed out the fair use statute and are trying to make it a crime simply to be able to copy music or movies even if its making a back up for yourself. This of course would be illegal under the Digital Milenium Copyright Act, because circumventing copyright technology itself is illegal. Forget about showing snippets of dvd films to a classroom, forget about science experiments, forget about having an extra copy of the Matrix that you just bought.

ALL ARE ILLEGAL UNDER CURRENT COPYRIGHT LAWS

Other legislation currently in the developement is the ability for them to hack into your computer THE MINUTE YOU ARE EVEN SUSPECTED OF DOWNLOADING THEIR FILES.

What ever happened to due process here? This would not go down in the UK.

RIAA want to tell me when and where I can listen to music which I payed for. See the new copyright-protected cd&#39;s which don&#39;t work in some CD players AND ARE NOT EVEN LABELED AS SUCH.

Two wrongs don&#39;t make a right. But I also believe in revenge. Remember people, if you continue to purchase CDs you maintain the status quo. You give the RIAA more money to sue anyone they wish and to lobby our "DEMOCRACY" (Gov&#39;t run by Money from Major Corporations) for more extensive protection on the products you buy. You also hurt the artist who has been consistantly losing money to the corporate fat cats. By putting your files on decentralized servers you are showing them

1. You won&#39;t take this garbage anymore.
2. They better change their business model or they will lose
3. Stop price gouging on CDs cuz hell, I aint paying for that.

RIAA can shove it up my....oh wait i can&#39;t say that on here.

Andrew

Arm
07-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Wanna-be Fascists. These fat cats want to be like Nazi Germany but don&#39;t have the sanity and support to do it.