PDA

View Full Version : Can I Fix This?

Pitbul
06-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Whenever i try to go onto a search engine my cable connection gets drop? it just stop recivieing does anyone know what causes this or if i can fix this?

Livy
06-30-2003, 05:08 PM
does this happen with all search engines, eg google yahoo. or just a few,
does your connection drop altogether, and you have to restart to fix it?

harrycary
06-30-2003, 05:36 PM
deleted: oops, wrong thread

Livy
06-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@30 June 2003 - 18:36
Just go to the Compaq/HP website. You can download a PDF motherboard manual for your model. It will have a nice picture of your motherboard showing where all of the jumpers are located. Piece of cake.
:blink: :huh:

Pitbul
06-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@30 June 2003 - 10:36
Just go to the Compaq/HP website. You can download a PDF motherboard manual for your model. It will have a nice picture of your motherboard showing where all of the jumpers are located. Piece of cake.
what does that have to do with my Cable Connection???

oh and it still just drop the connection i have to un-plugged it and let it re connect but it will still drop the connection if i go to any search engine

Livy
06-30-2003, 05:44 PM
does this happen at any other sites???
also does it work again if you dont touch the modem but if you reboot your pc?

CornerPocket
06-30-2003, 06:48 PM
If it's dropping connection, perhaps calling your ISP is in order. Maybe you have a bad cable modem. Let them diagnose your connection, they should be able to tell you something if it's indeed an issue with thier 9unless you bought) modem or connection. Perhaps answering questions by Livy may shed something as well.

You could even try releasing/renewing (http://campus.devalcol.edu/comserv/Student_Info/How_To_Student/Student_Instructions/Release_Renew_IP.htm) your ip address??

Pitbul
07-04-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Livy@30 June 2003 - 10:44
does this happen at any other sites???
also does it work again if you dont touch the modem but if you reboot your pc?
it doesn't really happen on other sites. inorder for me to bring the connection i have to un-plug my modem wait for a minute then plug ti back in and let it go thur its process of connecting again.

i have a Motorola Surfboard cable modem if that helps

Livy
07-04-2003, 01:33 PM
maybe try cintacting your isp, also does it work uif you relase and renew your ip as cornerpocket said? ive got a motorolla surfboard modem and havent had any problems of it droping the connection, apart from once or twice but thats coz there was a problem with my isp at the time. :)

lynx
07-04-2003, 01:47 PM
I've heard of this problem before, I believe the solution was updated drivers (or maybe firmware), but I don't know where they got them from.

Livy
07-04-2003, 02:00 PM
i beleive the formaware can be deployed across a network, i think my isp does, or i read somethin like that anyway.

u can update the usb drivers from the motorola site. if you have it plugged into the usb,

here a link to the page for usb drivers. http://broadband.motorola.com/noflash/usb_drivers.asp
not needed if you have ti on ethernet,

Pitbul
07-04-2003, 02:51 PM
i have an ethernet i dont use my USB. but what is firmware i just released and renewed my IP .