PDA

View Full Version : Is this method a fair one and why/not

Detale
08-18-2007, 05:39 AM
I am curious to know what the masses think about this method of giving yourself some ratio help. Do trackers care or not

Dl somewhere else where you have an established ratio copy the file to a second location on your computer and seed it there to build up a good ratio. Worked for me all this time ( Except on SCT where their Pre times are early and unless you have a killer connection it is hard to get a really good ratio

this method is not a fair one... u know? but if u want to try... try... :whistling

Please be detailed here if there any community reps reading I'd love to hear from especially you to get the "management" point of view

phantom
08-18-2007, 05:46 AM
man if u do this u disregard the work of the uploaders on all that trackers where u mak only upload... ;)

:):D... and this is my opinion... of corse.. :):D

hasnainbk
08-18-2007, 05:48 AM
I think its only fair if you keep uploading the torrent at that site too where you downloaded it.

dcliffnotes
08-18-2007, 05:53 AM
i think its fair cuz your seeding, sharing to other peers, and the same time keeping a good ratio. it shows your a smart and responsible user respecting the trackers rules of ratio requirement.....and its not cheating.

fstrulz
08-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Seeding your downloaded torrents to a different tracker is not only fair, but it also helps an uploader seed a torrent to other members.

Green Goblin
08-18-2007, 06:03 AM
what he said ^^^^^ if you have a 1:1 ratio at site A, why not seed it at site B if it needs help, its all about sharing isn't it.

man if u do this u disregard the work of the uploaders on all that trackers where u mak only upload... ;)

:):D... and this is my opinion... of corse.. :):D

you are helping other ppl to get the files quicker by doing this.

on a popular torrent i might change trackers 3 times all depends on the sites.

phantom
08-18-2007, 06:09 AM
i ask this on some trackers irc channels and the people overthere say to me that is not necessary a cheat... in this case my theory is wrong... sorry 4 that... :(

Green Goblin
08-18-2007, 06:15 AM
i ask this on some trackers irc channels and the people overthere say to me that is not necessary a cheat... in this case my theory is wrong... sorry 4 that... :(

what made you think it was a cheat?

rocknrule
08-18-2007, 06:16 AM
it's fair, but you must keep the torrent seeding in the first tracker.

Necronomicon
08-18-2007, 06:18 AM
U do not even have to move the file from the original place. U can seed it the files to 2-3 or even more trackers at the same time. I often do it. All U have to do is to download the *.torrent - file, and seed it back (I always seed it to the original tracker as well). First it starts hashing, then seeding starts. But be careful: the files (movies, programs, releases) have to be exactly the same. Torrentflux - based servers sometimes stop the original ones, while hashing the other one. But U can start it again.
And do not forget: NEVER leech the same file from diferent locations at the same time. It won't work.

phantom
08-18-2007, 06:24 AM
what made you think it was a cheat?

i thought that is not fair in the front of uploader from the tracker where u only upload the file... :happy:

sear
08-18-2007, 06:45 AM
I can't see a problem with it myself as long as your not uploading exclusive releases to other trackers (which isn't what you mean anyway) then who does it hurt :idunno: i mean the files are the same right.

Detale
08-18-2007, 07:09 AM
of course YOU would Sear because its my poll ;) jk

sear
08-18-2007, 07:16 AM
shut up gerbil muncher, i can see when I'm not wanted:ph34r:

EDIT:
btw stop following me :lol:

AugustoP
08-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Why anyone could think that its unfair?

TheDoc
08-18-2007, 07:34 AM
sure it's fair

bblogs
08-18-2007, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't say that it's actually cheating, but....

If someone worked hard to get a DVDrip out fast, then the first person to download it uploads it at 5 different sites, that could be annoying right?

AugustoP
08-18-2007, 08:08 AM

If someone worked hard to get a DVDrip out fast, then the first person to download it uploads it at 5 different sites, that could be annoying right?

People behind scene releases don't want them to be uploaded to p2p networks AT ALL.

Cmon
08-18-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't see why there's an option cheat, who really cares if I got somewhere then seeding at tons of different places?
& doesn't matter anywhere, even with the tracker that have a good pretime, there's no exception because SCT not the only place that have a good pretime

Patriot foreve
08-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Totally fair IMO

Mugur
08-18-2007, 09:44 AM

It's not about downloading one file from a tracker and uploading it to another one, it's about helping seeding an already existing file. That is perfectly fair and also helpful.

zanderzone
08-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I do this all the time. Download from TL and seed at SCT..... I'm not cheating and not playing any ratio game. .....I think it's fair.

Detale
08-18-2007, 11:14 PM

EDIT:

AWW dude did I hit a nerve there? Im sorry I didn't mean to get you in the browneye, C'mon bro you know I love you

EDIT: Also it's helping site speed. I see 4 people say its cheating and no one has a comment about why it would be.

Goblin how the HELL have you been?! Good to see you man

bunny67
08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
its defo fair i do it so it as to be!!

game1283
08-19-2007, 12:15 AM
it's fair, because there is nothing wrong to seed, it's actually a good thing..

sear
08-19-2007, 12:19 AM

EDIT:

C'mon bro you know I love you

:ghey:

TCD004
08-19-2007, 01:03 AM
I am ok with that... I seed everything everywhere. So if you don't do hit n run and will seed only on other trackers (and will stop the seed on a tracker, where you downloaded the file), that's fair. But if you download freeleech torrent and will stop this torrent and start to upload on other trackers it isn't really nice...

nikmash232
08-19-2007, 02:25 AM
C'mon bro you know I love you

that smiley is disturbing...

Sawyer2020
08-19-2007, 02:32 AM

that smiley is disturbing...
:D:D:D:D
why u follow it hand

KFlint
08-19-2007, 03:02 AM
why would there be a the problem with that, i do that all the the time!