PDA

View Full Version : People Who Don't Share

mgray3k
07-01-2003, 04:37 PM
:ph34r: Whats P2P all about? Sharing Right? Well some People Know about this and some don't. I will spread the word about. !Warning! this will really Piss People off. I use a program a friend of mine told me about and it works with all kazaa Programs
it Check's people in Que line to see if there sharing if there not it will send them a message saying " Share or you can't download from these person" I think its Good tool
[U][B][SIZE=14]FILE SHARING NOT FILE HOGGING [SIZE=1] The Program can be downloaded here
http://www.kazaakontrol.com you can read more about there

Jayhawk
07-01-2003, 04:58 PM
thats interesting to bad i dont use kazaa anymore

Soul
07-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Does this tool take into account the privacy patch? If it does then great, if it does'nt then its gonna cut out a lot of users who share large amounts of files who have it on.

Shareef
07-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Jayhawk@1 July 2003 - 17:58
thats interesting to bad i dont use kazaa anymore
:D :D :lol: :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
07-01-2003, 06:25 PM
THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK !!!
IT ALSO CANCEL PEOPLE WHO ARE SHARING <_<

N£MO
07-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by mgray3k@1 July 2003 - 17:37
:ph34r: Whats P2P all about? Sharing Right? Well some People Know about this and some don&#39;t. I will spread the word about. &#33;Warning&#33; this will really Piss People off. I use a program a friend of mine told me about and it works with all kazaa Programs
it Check&#39;s people in Que line to see if there sharing if there not it will send them a message saying " Share or you can&#39;t download from these person" I think its Good tool
[U][B][SIZE=14]FILE SHARING NOT FILE HOGGING [SIZE=1] The Program can be downloaded here
http://www.kazaakontrol.com you can read more about there
Crap program.

Cuts people off who are sharing and has been around for ages now.Old news.

mgray3k
07-01-2003, 11:59 PM
:ph34r: Really, Is any program that does work in the same area? with k-lite... I know alot of people don&#39;t share. thats there choice&#33;

chalkmongoose
07-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Hmm... About that nasty little proggy. The whole point of it is to promote the idea of p2p, but with all the privacy progs about, I guarantee you, all its doing is ruining it.

bluedevil
07-02-2003, 12:27 AM
this prog sucks i&#39;ve tryed it with a friend who uses the privacypatch and it canceled him to :angry:

XStacy
07-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Thats funny. We have to pay 3&#036; to use this program? This program is a piece of sh*t though. <_< To bad i cant afford that 30&#036; for that KK Promoter program too:P

I suggest y&#39;all stop worrying about leeches untill ther is a known way to stop them. For now, your just going to have to live them and the wonderful privacy patch.

chalkmongoose
07-02-2003, 01:22 AM
I always knew someone would make a spam proggy. I don&#39;t accept any messages anyway, so it doesn&#39;t bother me in the least.

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-02-2003, 08:13 AM
People are greedy. They think by not sharing, p2p won&#39;t be hurt by this. In fact everyone will be hurt by this even thought it&#39;s a small amount.

Meehowski
07-02-2003, 04:40 PM
well.....we(humans) MUST share.......

There is NO logical arguement(or premise)for NOT sharing&#33;&#33;

"Nuff" said..........be well all.& safe&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

chalkmongoose
07-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass if people don&#39;t share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, and I respect that, considering that anyone (like me) with a basic knowledge of IP protocols could get your IP in two seconds and visit your computer (if port 80 is opened). Also, some people use p2p at work, or in school, and can&#39;t share for obvious reasons.

mgray3k
07-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@2 July 2003 - 19:44
Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass if people don&#39;t share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, and I respect that, considering that anyone (like me) with a basic knowledge of IP protocols could get your IP in two seconds and visit your computer (if port 80 is opened). Also, some people use p2p at work, or in school, and can&#39;t share for obvious reasons.
:ph34r: WHY? whats the Point?

Biggest_Baddest_Wolf
07-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@2 July 2003 - 19:44
Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass if people don&#39;t share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, ...
About that security : If this is what causes them not to share, then why would they download stuff that could be harboring trojans, virusses, worms and such from complete strangers?
And someone who knows his stuff could find out where a connection is coming from, so it will filter out the not-rhat-knowledgable persons that would try such stuff, but there would still be plenty of others who&#39;d manage to get in.
It really is sad, both that they don&#39;t seem to be seeing this and get some REAL security, and that there have to be people trying to get into someone elses&#39; computer for reasons other than to just snoop around or check out the security.

I&#39;m not bashing on this reply, far from it... merely expanding on it.
What many seem to overlook is that there are many processes working to make kazaa appear on a screen, to make the os run.... to connect to the internet.... and somehow there are those who think that they are safe using kazaa without sharing or with a privacy patch, while they remain ignorant of the fact that the entire system could be using their connection at the same time, because of some maliscious file telling someone that they are online.
And virusscanners/trojan removers can only deal with such issues once they are identified, someone thinking up a new way of doing these things would have plenty of time to wreak havoc.

This reply is getting longer than I planned, so I&#39;ll cut it short now that I think it at least delivered the message... and if leechers really bug you, what&#39;s stopping you from canceling their uploads?

3pc.ChickenDinner
07-07-2003, 10:07 AM
I rather have the people who don&#39;t share....To stay that way. Considering all the B/S that&#39;s being shared now. It&#39;s pretty bad when some1 will actually download and KEEP a movie recorded on a camcoder. Not to mention the person who sat in the theater to record it :huh: . Reminds me of the old times when kids would peek ;) through a hole in the fence to watch a baseball game. Please tell me that life is not that bad. On the other hand..... at least they are not fake files :blink:

chalkmongoose
07-08-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Biggest_Baddest_Wolf+6 July 2003 - 18:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggest_Baddest_Wolf @ 6 July 2003 - 18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalkmongoose@2 July 2003 - 19:44
Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass if people don&#39;t share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, ...
About that security : If this is what causes them not to share, then why would they download stuff that could be harboring trojans, virusses, worms and such from complete strangers?
And someone who knows his stuff could find out where a connection is coming from, so it will filter out the not-rhat-knowledgable persons that would try such stuff, but there would still be plenty of others who&#39;d manage to get in.
It really is sad, both that they don&#39;t seem to be seeing this and get some REAL security, and that there have to be people trying to get into someone elses&#39; computer for reasons other than to just snoop around or check out the security.

I&#39;m not bashing on this reply, far from it... merely expanding on it.
What many seem to overlook is that there are many processes working to make kazaa appear on a screen, to make the os run.... to connect to the internet.... and somehow there are those who think that they are safe using kazaa without sharing or with a privacy patch, while they remain ignorant of the fact that the entire system could be using their connection at the same time, because of some maliscious file telling someone that they are online.
And virusscanners/trojan removers can only deal with such issues once they are identified, someone thinking up a new way of doing these things would have plenty of time to wreak havoc.

This reply is getting longer than I planned, so I&#39;ll cut it short now that I think it at least delivered the message... and if leechers really bug you, what&#39;s stopping you from canceling their uploads? [/b][/quote]
I know some people who just use K-Lite for music, like my father and his business laptop. Hard to embed a virus inside an mp3 file... The most you can do is corrupt it, or do something like virus.mp3.exe and hope somebody doesn&#39;t notice the exe extension on the end :l

dgmortal
07-08-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by mgray3k@1 July 2003 - 11:37
I&nbsp; use a program a friend of mine told me about and it works with all kazaa Programs
it Check&#39;s people in Que line to see if there sharing if there not it will send them a message saying " Share or you can&#39;t download from these person"
since i use the privacy patch, i guess i&#39;m one of those sorry suckers that gets cut off. :rolleyes:

http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/2/92/30/80229230DPmxFb_ph.jpg

<_<

stiffy
07-08-2003, 05:42 AM
I have like 250+ MP3s, and maybe one person per hour will download from me........... which says to me that there&#39;s already more than enough people sharing. I mean, yeah, there&#39;s the whole philosophical thing, but....... really, only a small percentage of Kazaa users have to share, and I don&#39;t think people should really make such a big deal when people don&#39;t share.... but that&#39;s just me.

Ad
07-08-2003, 06:42 AM
sory for what im gonna say but

who gives a f*ck?

N£MO
07-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@8 July 2003 - 07:42
sory for what im gonna say but

who gives a f*ck?
I agree with you Adam. ;)

tralalala
07-08-2003, 10:43 AM
its rubbish, not worth the download.
it cuts off people that are sharing aswell...
you might aswell just check yourself if they r sharing or not...

tralalala

-Archwolf-
07-08-2003, 11:13 AM
good tool

David47
07-09-2003, 06:48 AM
A friend tried to give me a Kazaa &#39;tip&#39; that his brother told him. He told me I should download my files into a seperate folder from my shared file so other people cannot upload from me. Of course, you don&#39;t think I would have done that do you? I was quite miffed at him actually. :angry: