PDA

View Full Version : Notice: Bitorrent Related Topics

CornerPocket
07-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Okay members it seems as though the Bitorrent craze is here and everyone wants in on the action. Please remember one thing, this Forum in general is based on the Klite Community File Sharing, not Bitorrent. Tons of Bitorrent related material, requests, discussion, etc are popping up all over the Forum.

Please keep ALL topics related to Bitorrent or any other related type P2P file sharing program in the Other Related P2P Program Discussions (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showforum=40) section. There is plenty of good information there already about it and a "join" related topic to a site as well.

Topics related to none other than the Klite program community will be moved without any forwarding link. So should you feel like placing a BT or other filesharing topic not directly related to klite itself, expect it to be moved and you can manually find it using the search feature or browse over to the above section.

Hope you understand.
Peace,
"CP" B)

GilgaMesh
07-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Just want to let you know that Bittorrent gives out your IP address, and you can be tracked on it. Even if you have dynamic IP you can be found. I have recieved a letter from AOL saying they have recieved a complaint from universal studios. The program i was using at the time was Bittorrent.
Please beware
Gilga

jimmyfiend
07-04-2003, 12:14 AM
What happens now, after you have gotten this letter, are you in major trouble or is it all good? What did AOL say exactly? Will you be taken to court? etc
Just so we all know the score fully from a first hand account. Thanks. :(

3RA1N1AC
07-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@1 July 2003 - 11:04
Please keep ALL topics related to Bitorrent or any other related type P2P file sharing program in the Other Related P2P Program Discussions (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showforum=40) section.
good idea. bittorrent is fine, but the links have a much shorter shelf-life. lots of old kazaa hashes are still functional while torrent hashes are usually only good for a couple of weeks at the most.

we don't really need the k-lite verified archive to get filled up with dead torrents.

GilgaMesh
07-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Well all they said is i have been given my first warning on my account, i don't have a copy of the letter or i would have posted it, I ain't gonna be taken to court but if i offend again I may well be, so i think im gonna stick to Kazaa, To easy to track your ip on Bittorrent. I will admit i loved bittorrent but since i got that letter i have not used it since.

max0d
07-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Buts it's just as easy to get your IP using kazaa.

Rat Faced
07-11-2003, 04:30 PM
This was a notice, not a thread ;)