PDA

View Full Version : Ati Tv Wonder Ve Encodein Divx

Wolfmight
07-02-2003, 05:02 AM
The quality from my cable to the card to the comp is great.. no distortion at all.
What codec do u reccomend useing to record the video?
I use Mpeg-1.. can fullscreen it in afterplay pretty good, sound is crisp..

I went to custom and noticed all the codecs from the K-Lite Codec Pack.. which is best?

Spindulik
07-02-2003, 11:23 AM
I also have the same capture card. So far the built-in MPEG for VCD (MPEG-1) works the best for me for general purposes.

HOWEVER, if I am recording something very important, I'll record in raw AVI format (no codecs), fully uncompressed mode. Unfortunately, a regular movie can take up to or above 50BG of space!

With the RAW AVI, I'll use DIVX or XVID codecs and make a smaller sized video that should fit onto a CDROM.

If you download the newest drivers, that video card will work with most software, like Virtual Dub, ULEAD, Adobe, etc....

Did you know that if you install the drivers for the Logitech digital ClickSmart 310 camera, your ATI TV Wonder will work in Yahoo Messenger WebCam? Something about those Logitech Drivers. (And the newest ATI TV Wonder drivers may not work, you'll have to use the version prior to that).

3RA1N1AC
07-02-2003, 11:59 AM
capturing straight to compressed AVI might not be such a hot idea because i think it does take quite a bit of CPU power, memory, etc. i kinda suspect most PCs can't do it at an acceptable speed.

so your two choices are prolly to either
1) keep using mpeg 1, which is not the best quality but it doesn't require a lot of hard drive space
2) capture to uncompressed AVI, which takes a huge amount of hard drive space, and then compress it to divx/xvid/wmv afterwards.

Wolfmight
07-02-2003, 03:53 PM
thanks a bunch.

Did you know that if you install the drivers for the Logitech digital ClickSmart 310 camera, your ATI TV Wonder will work in Yahoo Messenger WebCam? Something about those Logitech Drivers. (And the newest ATI TV Wonder drivers may not work, you'll have to use the version prior to that).
wow cool