PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Program To...

MusicChick
07-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Is there a program to block your ip in Kazza and browsing online too?I can't use Peerguardian so I need something else. I downloaded Stealth Anonymizer but for some reason its not blocking my ip. Does anyone know of a program that will work? Thanks in advance.

balamm
07-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Sygate pro will do a pretty good job on most sites if you set the advanced options tightly. Enable stealth and everything else on the security tab. It won't stop cookies from identifying you but it's the next best thing to a proxy.

MusicChick
07-02-2003, 10:08 AM
I have Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, and I clicked on "Enable Stealth Mode Browsing" and on everything else, but I tested it on Proxy tester and also on a progam that retrieves your ip, and my public and private ip still shows up. Is there some sort of anonymous proxy program or something that would work? Can't help be a bit paranoid, what with the music industry news. :(

balamm
07-02-2003, 11:19 AM
I think using win 95 may present some problems with that. It relies on some pretty old protocols that have been abandoned in the newer systems.
Normally in NT/XP , the first setting changed would be the support for netbios over TCP or NetBeui (?) which is what win 95 was kinda built around. That makes it harder to identify your system in the NT/XP case.
That protocol may be giving away your anonyimity although I may be wrong.
I had some excellent win95 forums bookmarked but they seem to have been misplaced. If I come across them I"ll pass them on.

VB
07-02-2003, 02:31 PM
You can NOT hide your IP with a firewall. You can only block connections to/from your IP.