PDA

View Full Version : Emule And Broadband

swarnel
07-02-2003, 12:09 PM
i just added emule to my other pc and began to download a file.

i left it overnight and in the morning my computer was frozen. Once it restarted my internet didnt work and i cant get it to work still!

recently before this i got adsl and in order to download i turned the firewall off. My computer is connected to three others in the house and we all use the same internet. Mines not working but the others do.

can anyone help (i hope this makes sense)

imported_The__One
07-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Well, several shings need to be cleared up, like the "in order to download i turned the firewall off"...did U completely disable U'r firewall, as in leaving U'r computer on overnight downloading stuff from emule without a firewall??!! If so, I can tell U that that is not a good idea. Not that a hacker would enter your PC, but several Trojan horses's could have been installed.

And by sharing U'r ADSL connection with all PC's, do U use a program like WinGate or WinProxy to distribute the internet connection? And was the computer that froze a client or the server (did the internet connection go directly into it, or did it get the internet "through"another comp?)

'cause emule is known to freeze from time to time, but it definitly dosen't disable the internet :blink:

Wizzandabe
07-02-2003, 05:25 PM
eMULE is slow as fuck, you better saving up and buying it! and thats if you if you ant got a job! :D

Livy
07-02-2003, 05:28 PM
emule aint that bad, i just leave it on overnight, good for rare file thought, ive just got a load of iso of emule, including some playstation games, :)
and win 2000 integrated sp4, and winxp sp1 integrated

Wizzandabe
07-02-2003, 05:29 PM
I got winxp pro corp sp1 intergrated off frastracker, so i was plaesed when it pored in within 2hours. Yeah its good for rare files, but it is slow. Pisses me off?>

Jibbler
07-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Emule's error correction is great, and while its not nearly as fast as bittorrent, its very reliable.

Regarding your connection problems, I have my computers shared with WindowsXP. I don't use any additional software. It sounds like the network connection is down from your router/hub to your pc. Have it checked out. :)

Livy
07-02-2003, 05:33 PM
it is a bit slow, but once u get going it oks, sometimes better its only a few people got it, and you get good rating, coz you get a bit they dont, then someone gets ot off you, then you get a dif bit of them,

max0d
07-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Emule's great for the stuff that aint on the fasttrack network and CD images. I'd never download a CD image from kazaa cause they never work.