PDA

View Full Version : need help with revolt

noobslayer
08-24-2007, 12:15 AM
i got in to this community as anyone what could..
now i found out that i was banned...:pinch:
and i really dont know y...
i didnt cheat/traded the account
didnt change mail or IP
and even posted some posts and not spam
and i still got banned
if there 's any staff of revolt here plz contact me in PM
i dont deserve (in my opinion) this ban
or somebody can give me in pm their IRC
thx to anyone who can help..
i really want to be a part of revolt community and said it in their forums
good day

woolenundies
08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
i got banned without reason to :/ didn't trade/spam or anything

Nestea
08-24-2007, 12:17 AM
A lot of accounts were banned. :/

mievmo
08-24-2007, 12:21 AM
this is not the thread about it... !
and ban cause.. naybe double acc ? ip ? ask the staff.

noobslayer
08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
i had only i account didnt change my ip
how can i contact them?

th0r
08-24-2007, 12:41 AM
go to irc.revolt.org.uk and join #revolt

if there are users in that channel (which there usually are) and they are not very responsive, be patient; it is enough your account is disabled, just do not pm them without asking them first

noobslayer
08-24-2007, 01:01 AM
it somewhat related
when i try to acess the server it says

Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)

and trying again and again..

its only with the revolt server
any other server i can connect to..
if someone can help me
thx http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gif

Enlightened
08-24-2007, 01:04 AM
it somewhat related
when i try to acess the server it says

Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)

and trying again and again..

its only with the revolt server
any other server i can connect to..
if someone can help me
thx http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gif

Because U have been banned, U cannot connect to their irC anymore, they have also Banned your IP.
U are done , sorry:naughty:

noobslayer
08-24-2007, 01:09 AM
so anybody can plz do it for me?
my user is asafb
i only need to contact one of the staff
i think i know the reason y i was banned...

KFlint
08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
maybe you were banned for posting spam?

15 posts in a few hours

pone44
08-24-2007, 02:52 AM
edit.

SgtMajor
08-24-2007, 02:57 AM

15 posts in a few hours

So true.

there's a thread in the forum where most who had just signed up decided to follow one another with dross, lo & behold 90% of that thread is actually now baned, that thread should be made a stickie on how not to post in there.

Wise words, if you have nothing to say, then stfu and say nothing. And quality over quantity will always win the day.

krisil
08-24-2007, 03:30 AM

15 posts in a few hours

So true.

there's a thread in the forum where most who had just signed up decided to follow one another with dross, lo & behold 90% of that thread is actually now baned, that thread should be made a stickie on how not to post in there.

Wise words, if you have nothing to say, then stfu and say nothing. And quality over quantity will always win the day.

hit the nail on the head :yup:

sear
08-24-2007, 03:34 AM
listen to the major he knows his shit.

noobslayer
08-24-2007, 03:42 AM
what the hell r u talking about..
i requested help not anything else...
just like spamming...
if anyone can help me getting my account back plz PM me..
good day..
plz post related to what's written

spectator1
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
go to *munched* and join #revolt

if there are users in that channel (which there usually are) and they are not very responsive, be patient; it is enough your account is disabled, just do not pm them without asking them first

Whatever you do do not join #revolt. You can try #help, some people have been answered through that channel. But #revolt is for members only. Joining #revolt if you are not a member will probably get you banned from the server (not just the channel).

Anyways, of all the accounts that were banned I've heard of 1 user who might have been restored (not sure). Thats 1 out of ±300 banned accounts. The revolt staff does their research before banning. And we have a small userbase so it isn't that hard to separate the English from the Dutch.

The Rules (you shouldn't even have to read them because they are common sense) are simple yet the majority of the new influx had difficulty following them: Don't dupe, spam or trade.

It has been said a dozen times. We are just a forum/irc. The tracker is only for requests and bullshit. For reference there are only 19 torrents listed at this time.

Hard to deny we are semi-elitist (iirc we've never had serious open signups and we are careful about who to invite) :P but we never force you to join us or like us. We only provide the opportunity for both from time to time or to certain people. In fact the main reason I don't invite people is because most people I'd consider 'worthy' aren't looking for another forum community to join.

-- a long-term Revolt member.

blackbird
08-29-2007, 11:27 AM
i have seent atleast 5 members getting banned beacause they were asking why they cant access the browse when they have completed 25 posts..lol

josegavara
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
that'll be in the thread where they were told why the couldn't enter and one by one they kept on asking.........now thats dumb

mestari
08-29-2007, 01:27 PM
It seems that 90% of users who got in to revolt were n00bs who are sitting all the night in front of their PC's and hitting F5 10 times in a minute..! And they can't appreciate something what they should...

maxehhh
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
may i quote you mestari? =P

It seems that 90% of the users who got into revolt are n00b and need to read some rules

Nightmeare
08-29-2007, 04:23 PM
why are u ppl bitching. Revolt can ban ANYONE they want and dont have to explain it dont need to