PDA

View Full Version : What is the First Steps that u do when u gettin a new Tracker?

smirnoff
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
just wondering.

me, i am searching for things that i already have and start to seed them to raise my new ratio.
after it i am looking for Freeleech stuff if there is or download the torrents that have many downloaders and less uploaders.

what do u do?

cacaobeach
08-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Say hello :lol:

smirnoff
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Say hello :lol:
lol

Lizard King
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
login or register :D

seanbee
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
First thing I do is to read the rules and faqs, then I go to the forums to see site specific information and then i search for files I already have to build ratio and then I start enjoying the tracker to the fullest

znik
08-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I always read the rules first.
Even if it seems common, very few people do it.

Something Else
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Then go to your profile and fill out your details....I like to change the max torrents per page setting to 100 for easy browsing. Add an avatar, sig if you like then check the forum for a 'welcome thread' or a 'new users' thread. When you do grab a file leave a comment either helpful, useful or thankful...and then seed it of course..

smirnoff
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Then go to your profile and fill out your details....I like to change the max torrents per page setting to 100 for easy browsing. Add an avatar, sig if you like then check the forum for a 'welcome thread' or a 'new users' thread. When you do grab a file leave a comment either helpful, useful or thankful...and then seed it of course..
you are very kind i must say.

Fibo
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Same thing I usually like to hook up my profile before anything. Then I check out the rules and then the torrents.

mestari
08-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I check out rules and/or faq!
And one of most important things for me too is to change torrents amount at one page to 100 :P

kallieb
08-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I first read the rules and FAQ. Right off the bat I want to know about ratio expectations, different user status, forum expectations etc. Because if you mess up these from the get-go then you'll get banned in a heartbeat. So it is very very important to understand the trackers rules for members.

I then pretty well click on almost every link on the main page just to what's behind each one, and any other interesting qualities that stands out for this site. I then head over to the Forum and say hello, and maybe post in a few other threads regarding where are you from, or what are you reading, and so on. I'll then drift over to the profile page and if I know already my avatar I'll put it in. Serious cat and a second photo of the northern lights are my two favourites right now!!! Once I'm done all that I'll head over to the torrents and click on what is there for movies -- preferring DVD5 - NTSC, as well as check out how their search feature are configured.

Once I get through all of that, I might go back to the forum and hit the site suggestion/say thank you to someone thread and make a comment about what is really cool, or what (respectfully said of course) could use a bit of a tweak!

After that I settle in and just start to enjoy the community. My downloads are secondary to reading posts, seeing what new torrents are coming out (without necessarily wanting them all). I also will use the torrent section to check out what is new in applications/software -- again, not to download, but just to teach myself a bit about what is new out there. Some folks really take the time to describe what the software does and so on; and I really appreciate that.

That's my little routine.

Mike_007
08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
DL. of course dl. why we join? hehe.
i never read faq or rules. they are pretty useless.
i usually seed at least 1 month what i dl. and i never shut down pc.
(actually, i have no right to shut it down, it is belong to my company)

dbmp
08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Read the FAQ and then rules. (by this exact order :P) Then i go to browse the torrents and after that to the forums.

blackbird
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
after checking the FAQ / RULES .. i always go to the forum and if there is a thread for "post your pics " .. i check it first ..lol

for some reason i like looking pics of fellow pirates.. :D

kaffeine
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I always go to the rules first and then to the faq. After that I go to the forums, and after some time, when I'm familiar with the site, and its rules, and forums, I start using the tracker.

fstemon
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I usually read the rules before I register! Then I register, and I read part of the FAQ (most are the same on different sites so I read the new stuff only). I then try to build up a couple of GB by seeding stuff I already have or downloading a torrent with many leechers. I do that because I don't like having a low ratio. I might also read the forum, especially the part about the site.

AugustoP
08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Check forum and IRC channel.

0Ri0N
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Leech and seed forever. :)

KSA
08-24-2007, 04:23 PM
1) Read Rules/FAG
2) Check the staff page, to know them
3) Edit my profile
4) Say hello @ forums
5) Looking 4 files i can seed
6) Leech

7) Got disabled :P <<< J/K

KevinGarnet
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
first thing i always read FAQ and Rules.. then when i sign up i go to profile and upload avatar.. and then i use tracker :)

dbmp
08-24-2007, 07:38 PM
I check the rules and don't obey them. Then i start to leech and after i'm done i Hit'n'Run. After that, and to get my buffer to -10GB, i trade my account.

Not.:P

d00dz
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
go to browse, sort the list by seeders, and look for exclusive content

Zeus
08-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I go to the faq/rules and see if they've bothered to change it from the standard source code. I then have a look around the rest of the site and the torrents. I then usually decide that the site is ugly, poorly coded and has nothing unique to offer and delete my account/leave and never come back. It's been over a year since I found a site that I liked enough to stick with.

Bo0ddha
08-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Check the rules/faq. Post in the hello thread. Then I take a look at the different categories offered. I see which are popular and get the most traffic. Try find stuff I already have for some easy ratio and then I try and get a feel for how the tracker works. I'll wait atleast a few hours beforedownloading anything. I check too see how often things are uploaded and how fast people jump on them. It lets me know what my strategy is for the site. If it's one of those sites you only grab stuff that is freshly released (less than an hour) and only seed for a day or two before no one wants the file anymore, or if it's some place that you seed stuff for a month or more and still get decent traffic on it. Once I get a decent enough buffer then I start grabbing the stuff that I really want instead of the good seeding material. I found it's easier to build up a buffer before you start grabbing the stuff you actually want. Otherwise you'r making it twice as hardto keep a decent ratio.

jam0980tr
08-25-2007, 01:44 AM
what i do is check the FAQ AND RULES and say hello

limpdickkid
08-25-2007, 04:46 AM
1 - Check the Rules and FAQ to see if there is any difference from the standard stuff.
2 - Check forums for any unique rules mentioned there.
3 - Look for a hello/hi/welcome thread to introduce myself.
4 - Edit profile and change number of torrents per page to either 50 or 100.
5 - Search for something I can seed.

muyoso
08-25-2007, 05:08 AM
I download the newest torrents and start seeding them. As they are downloading I read the rules and see where I have to get to in order to get invites. I seed to that amount overnight and stop the torrents in the morning. Then I usually wait until I am given invites, unless of course the site is a very good one, in which case I download things that I may actually want.

dave12
08-25-2007, 05:58 AM
generally i read the rules and faqs must be familiar with rules so that you dont get banned,know abt their ratio system and say hello in the introduction thread

Mötley
08-25-2007, 07:34 AM
I check rules and faq and the i browse forum fo a little time.

Virt2al
08-25-2007, 10:16 AM
I read the rules. From the FAQ i read only things that are different from the other sites :)
Then I go to my profile and change some details and then I start browsing the torrents :P

bunny67
08-25-2007, 10:42 AM
read rules,faq,say hello,post a pic,d/l if anything i want,sort my profile out and avatar and the read forums.maybe not in that order

SAM
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
browse the categories and after that read the faq/rules then log in the forums :)

greymatter
08-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Yep, see if contents are crap and if seems good, pop into the forum and say 'hi'

And ofcourse 'read the faq and rules (something exceptional form other trackers) and then leech away.

Salvia
08-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I read the rules first then faq and usually look for the members photo's thread