PDA

View Full Version : thank you from Revolt

Presto
08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the constructive thread and good luck.

greymatter
08-25-2007, 11:31 AM
lol, thread creator: Josegavara. First post is of Presto. Actualy, what's happening here?

josegavara
08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
i have no idea, my pc froze when posting

lol

it should have been

the staff of revolt.org.uk would like to take this opportunity to thank all the traders and cheats who took part in our open door experiment. your efforts will not go un-noticed and you will receive your "rewards" in the wider community

We may run this experiment again shortly and would invite others to sign up at that time, previous applicants need not apply as we already have all your details

once again thanks for your co-operation

jimmymac
revolt admin

bunny67
08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
nice 1.you have a cool site !sadly alot of people spoiled signs ups by creating dupe accounts which spoil it for the nice people

DominatoR
08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey, what's going on here ? :naughty:

Josegavara, thank's once again for giving some sort of hope for the future :) .
Take care :)

greymatter
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Please open it on daytime as not so less internet freaks like me who has only way to get in during the day as i work and can't burn midnight oil to wait for sign up page to open. lol. i guess, the last time it was night here.

Presto
08-25-2007, 11:45 AM
^ lol, i was thinking the same, but then again I don't need it that much.

shutdk
08-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Please open it on daytime as not so less internet freaks like me who has only way to get in during the day as i work and can't burn midnight oil to wait for sign up page to open. lol. i guess, the last time it was night here.

Just use check4change, turn up your speakers to maximum, let check4change play the sound.

.. And by that. Wake you up :D

I-HAVE-IT-M8
08-25-2007, 12:33 PM
nice 1.you have a cool site !sadly alot of people spoiled signs ups by creating dupe accounts which spoil it for the nice people

arseholes killed it for us wish i signed up:(

greymatter
08-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Even when someone drops a bombshell in my house, i won't wake up during my sleep. lol

Know how to use c4c, but nevr could I get into a tracker open for sign ups. Even , i received my iplay account from someone here, missed it both times, when they opened last time.

Roark
08-25-2007, 12:56 PM
your efforts will not go un-noticed and you will receive your \"rewards\" in the wider community

jimmymac
revolt admin

Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users dont have to worry about childish retaliation.

bunny67
08-25-2007, 01:01 PM
We may run this experiment again shortly and would invite others to sign up at that time, previous applicants need not apply as we already have all your details

jimmymac
revolt admin

Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users don\'t have to worry about childish retaliation.
whats childish about how they have retaliated ?what do you exspect ?them to let ppl have x amount of accounts?the reason they keep the details is so the slimeballs dont sign up again and try it on !which as stopped at lot of good users from joining

Kirstein
08-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users don\'t have to worry about childish retaliation.
whats childish about how they have retaliated ?what do you exspect ?them to let ppl have x amount of accounts?the reason they keep the details is so the slimeballs dont sign up again and try it on !which as stopped at lot of good users from joining

I hear that. Instead of thinking about others a lot of people only thought about themselves.

Roark
08-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users don\\\'t have to worry about childish retaliation.

I meant sharing account details given in confidence. Especially since as many of us know, the trackers are hardly infallible in id\'ing traders/cheats.

Daniel
08-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Roark, you probably meant to say: recently banned revolt users don't have to fear their accounts on trackers that don't care if their members are quite possibly trading their accounts or having dupes. I believe it is in the interest of every single tracker to keep a somewhat fair community - and surprise, some tracker-staff take that seriously.

On the other hand it might just be a little bit harsh to lose a couple of accounts because of one indescretion but in all fairness: if you do it once who will believe you to stop with it?

In a totally unrelated matter: while revolt is not the uber-leet-special place I've come to think about, after all it was a much wanted forum/tracker and I seem to have drawn my own wrong conclusions , it does seem to be a cozy place with a decent and friendly community you don't experience every other day. I'll keep visiting, thanks to revolt for this chance :)

fstemon
08-25-2007, 01:44 PM
It's nice to hear that some sites like to be the judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure that a lot of those people who got banned were traders or dupe accounts, but it wouldn't surprise me if some were innocent. And now they lose all their good accounts? I think I won't try to sign up next time then (I missed last time) for fear I will be executed by their staff, even though I of course would only sign up once and not trade it.

Kirstein
08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
It's nice to hear that some sites like to be the judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure that a lot of those people who got banned were traders or dupe accounts, but it wouldn't surprise me if some were innocent. And now they lose all their good accounts? I think I won't try to sign up next time then (I missed last time) for fear I will be executed by their staff, even though I of course would only sign up once and not trade it.

Well then you've got nothing to worry about :)

Roark
08-25-2007, 01:58 PM
It\'s nice to hear that some sites like to be the judge, jury and executioner. I\'m sure that a lot of those people who got banned were traders or dupe accounts, but it wouldn\'t surprise me if some were innocent. And now they lose all their good accounts? I think I won\'t try to sign up next time then (I missed last time) for fear I will be executed by their staff, even though I of course would only sign up once and not trade it.

Well then you\'ve got nothing to worry about http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

Right, because tracker staff have an excellent track record of never screwing up /sarcasm <br \\>
<br \\>
By the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I\'m looking to sell ...

bunny67
08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Well then you\'ve got nothing to worry about http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

Right, because tracker staff have an excellent track record of never screwing up /sarcasm <br \\>
<br \\>
By the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I\'m looking to sell ...then why not jump off it instead:lol:

josegavara
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
its rich aint it. we have to treat everything in confidence whilst they trade our accounts. is it me or does anyone else see how silly that makes the poster look.

Roark
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Right, because tracker staff have an excellent track record of never screwing up /sarcasm <br \\\\>
<br \\\\>
By the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I\\\'m looking to sell ...then why not jump off it insteadhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

Compelling argument ... if only your arguments were as witty as your retorts.

AugustoP
08-25-2007, 02:04 PM
then why not jump off it insteadhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

Compelling argument ... if only your arguments were as witty as your retorts.

In p2p world there's only one rule - mods are always right. Sometimes it's unfair but you should get used to it. It's not that I like the idea of disclosing personal details but that's life.

bunny67
08-25-2007, 02:05 PM
then why not jump off it insteadhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

Compelling argument ... if only your arguments were as witty as your retorts.hmmm who started with witty coments let me think now em ......YOU

Roark
08-25-2007, 02:09 PM
its rich aint it. we have to treat everything in confidence whilst they trade our accounts. is it me or does anyone else see how silly that makes the poster look.

Unless youre claiming that your ability to catch and uniquely ID traders/cheaters is flawless, then I dont see whats so unreasonable about it.

Also, a quick look at the kinds of people theyre sharing your account info with once they think theyve caught you: admins who steal their users accounts (Valerio), admins who hack torrent sites (Jaits), the prolific traders at RTS, and outright morons like Acid who thought uTorrent was transmitting data directly to the MPAA or bithdtv who couldnt be bothered to encrypt password info.

mestari
08-25-2007, 02:27 PM

:yup: I had exactly the same thoughts..!

And I can't believe that Revolt staff are still planning to recruit some new members from FST. Those kids have spoiled too much but if new opportunity is still coming, I'm waiting for that :)

Salvia
08-25-2007, 02:38 PM
there are some people on FST that would make good active members to their community, i think they should be handpicked rather than opening and pruning the majority though

jasperr
08-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Unless youre claiming that your ability to catch and uniquely ID traders/cheaters is flawless, then I dont see whats so unreasonable about it.

Also, a quick look at the kinds of people theyre sharing your account info with once they think theyve caught you: admins who steal their users accounts (Valerio), admins who hack torrent sites (Jaits), the prolific traders at RTS, and outright morons like Acid who thought uTorrent was transmitting data directly to the MPAA or bithdtv who couldnt be bothered to encrypt password info.

lol... obviously a trader/cheater who is mad because they got found out! :whistling

dbmp
08-25-2007, 03:37 PM
there are some people on FST that would make good active members to their community, i think they should be handpicked rather than opening and pruning the majority though

Handpicking is a bit unfair, i'm a new member here, probably i wouldn't be a "target" from them to pick, but still, i know i would make a good member, so i think open signups is the way to go. Anyway, cheaters/traders will be caught, so...

P.S. I used my example but i could use any other person.

Alien5
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Its not as if you're missing much, if anything it was a quiet forum but later went ermm...quiet :ermm:

really it was :smilie4:

V For Vendetta
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
the problem that the wrong people who is always get in, i have waited for this for long time ,most of good people lost it
-V

josegavara
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM

Handpicking is a bit unfair, i'm a new member here, probably i wouldn't be a "target" from them to pick, but still, i know i would make a good member, so i think open signups is the way to go. Anyway, cheaters/traders will be caught, so...

look at all my posts and you will see i have never claimed that we are anything other than a forum. i have also said if you are looking for a tracker look elsewhere. what do we have to say.

mievmo
08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
i missed the signup :(... any old member can help.

_coder_
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
i missed the signup :(... any old member can help.

I'm right behind you dude haha

jam0980tr
08-26-2007, 02:45 AM
what did i say it was a trick to catch them out i was right :)

but lets hope that they do give invites out and that way you will have get there by
invites what revolt should done is invites

opening signup was a trick to catch some high ranked tradeing people ip's or that kind of crazy move that they done when you know that alot of member are ready 2 signup and the site know there will be alot of trades and scammer's and people with dupe
i hope that ip log will be pass on every torrent get them banned as a trader

gnlstryker
08-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Thank u sir as i missed the big signup i really need to get into revolt . . .u r the best !!!!

dbmp
08-26-2007, 01:50 PM

look at all my posts and you will see i have never claimed that we are anything other than a forum. i have also said if you are looking for a tracker look elsewhere. what do we have to say.

I never said it was a tracker. :) I *know* it is a forum with a request section. But anyways, thanks for having open the signups, it gave chance to many people, maybe a few good ones...